Finished Reggie's Racing Cup Season 4 Race 10 (No Video due to Glitch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reliability please!

Also, I'll be gone on vacation soon and this site is awful for mobile, so if you don't hear from me for the next few upgrades, just random me something.

"There is no way you'll make it to the Playoffs Epist! You're so far behind in points."
"Lol, hold my dirt covered, Elektross branded, beer"

And it looked so well for me again.. But i somehow dropped down to 9th. Eh. I guess not the worst thing to happen.
Congrats to Tails for taking the championship lead for now! I am right behind you buddy :^)

I'll take Reliability

Has anyone else noticed every time theres a wreck my car is like right next to it but nothing happens? o_O

I'll upgrade Qualifying.

Hey guys, about to run race 9 but first I had some important ideas about RRC Season 5 that I'd bring up. These are big changes that I fully haven't worked out so I'd like your input.

Rehauling the signup system, teams, the points system, and adding a new finances system will be my four biggest changes.

For the Signup System:
I'm debating allowing each person to signup with two cars. A few people have recommended this to me, and would increase the # of cars on the field. But how would statistics work? Obviously, you can't have the same person drive two different cars on the field. My workaround around this would be to have people enter fake driver names (Devin Jones for example) or their real names if they choose for each car. Another problem this brings up is that the current stat sheets I have like most wins and stuff would be all weird so I plan to archive that and make new stat sheets for most wins, championships, etc. Should we run an RRC that reverts back to the old system that stat sheet would be edited. I'll post an example signup at the end when I explain everything.

For the Teams System and Finance System (these work hand in hand):
Every person, by default, will start out with a team and 100k dollars for each team they enter (1 or 2). Now in past RRCs there were four upgradable stats: Aggression, Pit Crew, Reliability, or Qualifying. Now, this is increased to 7: Three of the previous four plus Road Course, Short Track, Speedway, and Superspeedway. Increasing this stat for a track type will increase the chance of you winning at that track. I will run 2 superspeedways and 2 road courses, and 4 short tracks and 4 speedways for the regular season schedule for 12 regular season races. Initially, you can upgrade as many stats as you want, you start out with a default of 40 for each stat and upgrade from there. The costs are:

4k - Pit Crew
7k - Qualifying
7k - Agression
10k - Road Course
10k - Superspeedway
12k - Short Track
12k - Speedway

Buying one upgrade improves that stat by 4 points.

If you are in the top 3 in points you will get a free 2 point upgrade after each race, but you must make clear in your post that you are in the top 2 so I remember to assign the poins values correctly.

Reliability increases naturally as the team progresses through the year and improves its car-building techniques

- +5 for a top 3, +3 for a top 10, +1 for 11th onward, +0 if you did not finish (DNF)

Players can choose to enter only one team and rent their second car to another player (that player would then have 3 car team) for 15k per 4 races. These rentals can be part time, meaning you can run a third car for 8/12 races and pay 30k.

For race results, teams get paid money by their sponsors and the league for performance.

1st - 28k
2nd - 24k
3rd- 20k
4th-5th - 16k
6th-10th- 12k
11th-15th - 8k
16th - 20th - 6k
21st-25th - 4k
26th-on - 2k
DNFing = You lose 5k

Entering a Race for 1 car costs 2k. So if you enter and finish 27th you essentially make your money back, but if you wreck and finish 24th you're 1k in the hole.

How does this affect teams? Well, teams can merge for a maximum of a 5 car team. So let's say Mirdo and Blakers each have 2 cars and merge their teams to form one four car team, then their four cars get 2nd, 4th, 12th, and 23rd in a race. They then get 24k+16k+8k+4k so 54k in that race and can spend it or save it how they please. If jade the pokemon trainer wants to join, jade must be making his/her second car available for rent so that jade is only running 1 car - that way jade Mirdo and Blakers' team. Additionally, Celever could have a 3 car team and ally with the 2 car team of Epist making for a 5 car team.

If a team hits 0 dollars, they will go bankrupt and cease to exist. The person running it is not out of the league, though, as they can start fresh with a new team and even the same drivers (but they must be at the default rating)

For Points

1st = 24 points
2nd = 20 points
3rd = 18 points
4th-5th = 16 points
6th - 8th = 14 points
9th-10th = 12 points
11th-15th = 10 points
16th-20th = 8 points
21st-25th = 6 points
25th-on = 4 points

A sample entry might look like this.

ME said:
Driver 1:
First Name: Reggie
Last Name: McGigas
Car Number - 10
Sponsor - Regigigas

Driver 2:
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Harrison
Car Number - 91
Sponsor - Mega Blaziken

Money Allocation (200k)
Reggie McGigas: 4 upgrades of qualifying, 2 of aggresion, 2 of short track, 1 of superspeedway (28k + 14k + 24k + 10k = 76k)

Michael Harrison: 3 upgrades of aggression, 3 of qualifying , 1 of pit crew, 1 of speedway, 1 of short track (21k + 21k + 4k + 12k + 10k = 68k)

Remaining = 56k

I'll also rent Celever's charter and add a third team

Driver 3:
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Ford
Car Number - 92
Sponsor - Oricorio

Money Allocation = 56-15 = 41k

insert upgrades here
This might seem confusing, and if it is please feel free to ask questions or provide feedback. This is a radical change from what RRC normally does so I'd like your input on it.​

Last edited:
F S # DRIVER INTERVAL LAPS LED STATUS
1 1 48 Blakers 71.563 12 12* Running
2 14 97 rainyman123 -9.26 12 0 Running
3 4 08 bbninjas -19.20 12 0 Running
4 11 28 jade -25.05 12 0 Running
5 3 8 GM Draclord -27.83 12 0 Running
6 7 79 Mirdo -32.34 12 0 Running
7 8 17 Athena -32.40 12 0 Running
8 10 14 Epist -34.49 12 0 Running
9 13 64 Pikamasterjesi -35.09 12 0 Running
10 6 22 NinjaPenguin -37.97 12 0 Running
11 17 36 Celever -38.38 12 0 Running
12 15 42 doubleosquirtle -39.45 12 0 Running
13 12 37 Lord O Da Rings -46.66 12 0 Running
14 2 78 Tails -51.03 12 0 Running
15 9 44 GekkisaiDaiNi -51.91 12 0 Running
16 16 99 Little Cherrim -53.00 12 0 Running
17 5 86 Steffenka -56.69 12 0 Running

Congrats @Blakers for your first win of the year!

The last ways to get into the playoffs are...

Win Race 10
Be in the top 3 non-winning drivers in the playoffs
Win the Last Chance Race

Also, please let me know what you think of my new RRC system I mentioned in the last post.​

Eh, I'm not a big fan of the 2 cars. I think that if more than 20 people want to sign up this couldn't be done, since the maximum is 40 cars (correct me if I'm wrong). It also makes the game way more complex than it should be. I think one car is better because it's easier, and less time consuming to manage, for both the host and player.

I do, however, LOVE the financial aspect to it, it makes it feel more real and there's more in your hands. The placings having to do with how much you make, as well as paying for upgrades is something that will add another aspect of carefulness in the game, as you need to watch your spending and make sure you're spending where you need it.

Are we still doing upgrades? If so, then qualifying.

Eh, I'm not a big fan of the 2 cars. I think that if more than 20 people want to sign up this couldn't be done, since the maximum is 40 cars (correct me if I'm wrong). It also makes the game way more complex than it should be. I think one car is better because it's easier, and less time consuming to manage, for both the host and player.

I do, however, LOVE the financial aspect to it, it makes it feel more real and there's more in your hands. The placings having to do with how much you make, as well as paying for upgrades is something that will add another aspect of carefulness in the game, as you need to watch your spending and make sure you're spending where you need it.

Are we still doing upgrades? If so, then qualifying.

Yes, and well noted for the two car thing. I want to add a system where you CAN have two cars, maybe it will be a reward based system where people who have played for at least 2 or so seasons get two cars and then they can rent those to other players if they don't want it or want to make money off of it. I'll see what other people want and also think about it myself before I make a final decision. Thanks for the input on the financial part!

I think making a second card a reward is a great idea. I am a bit intimidated by the financial system but I agree that it would add some more depth to the game and more control in the drivers hands, which could be fun!

Aggression

It would be a challenge. with the new financial system. Reggie, I hope you know the new burden that you will carry with those new aspect...

My suggestion is don't implement both the new car and new stat/finance at the same time, try to implement one of them first (the stat) for season 5.. and see how well it goes, when people atleast get a little taste they can easily manage for 2 car on season 6

Reliability.

I like the new system, it does seem a little bit complicated, but like other people have been saying it makes it more hands-on. I think it's worth a shot :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the financial idea, but as you wrote it, it seems a bit rich get richer to me. Someone who wins the first race suddenly gets more money than everybody else along with their points. If a player starts off making a couple of bad decisions (or gets an unlucky wreck in Race 1), they're crippled, as they will get less points than everyone else and get less money to increase their future prospects.

I'll upgrade Pit Crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back