ORAS Reddit Leak: Mega Flygon?

Reggie McGigas

-
So checking on reddit I saw several threads talking about this picture leaked:
BtFzikY.jpg
There may be hope for all you crazy nuts begging for Mega Flygon. Personally, I'm indifferent. It would nice too see Mega Flygon but I wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't happen.

Personally:
1) random Espeon is random
2) overleveledness is overleveled on flygon
3) the sprite looks too flat to be a 3D model

But we'll find out!

This "leak" has been passed around various sites, and there is actually a blurry frontal of the same supposed Mega Flygon. In comparison, the back sprite has spikes on the wings pointing downwards on the bottom, while the frontal view has spikes pointing upwards on the top. Also, the back sprite shows only one set of eyes, while the frontal has two sets, with them lined symmetrically on top of each other, so they would be visible if the back sprite pic and front were real. Im going to say its fake for now (and ugly as sin), but we will see. Im still holding out hope that the interview from a month ago with one of the designers means there are hidden megas yet to be found, and the demo data was actually incomplete.

Something looks off about it. It also doesn't really fit in with the drastic and sometimes bizarre Mega designs we've been getting in ORAS. It looks too similar to regular Flygon.

sn0ylu.png

For anyone unsure what this is, read this. It doesn't mean this is real, but it shows very little errors ruling out a shoddy photoshop job like most "leaks".

You can't ever trust Reddit, it annoys me how many people fall for these idiots -_- it might be fun to dream but nearly all these leaks are fake. You can't trust public forums for leaks

I have seen real leaks "confirmed" as fake, with credit claimed by various users.

The only thing you can do is wait it out and find out for yourself.

Water Pokémon Master said:
There's no more Mega Evolutions in ORAS. The demo's code had all the Pokemon in it.

Demo's code also said ice punch blaziken isn't a thing nor did it contain any episode delta content.

Using the demo as an indication is irrelevant.

Although the leaks we're getting aren't implying we are either since the majority of them are fake and some of the creators, like the milotic, and castform leaks have admitted they were fake.

The only indication I'd go by is the anime shorts and specials that are pretty up-to-date with all the currently known megas and didn't seem to hestitate to show them all off.

MegaBeedrill said:
Demo's code also said ice punch blaziken isn't a thing nor did it contain any episode delta content.

Yeah, that's coz the movesets of the three starters were cut to only show the four moves they had in the demo.

And if anything, the delta episode is just text and animations, so it would be cut as well. But Zinnia (or at least, her roster/team) was in the demo, actually.

Demo =/= Final Game

I'm too lazy to strip it myself but there is WAY more content left out than you think.

Water Pokémon Master said:
There's no more Mega Evolutions in ORAS. The demo's code had all the Pokemon in it.

How can you possibly be so sure?

dragotoed said:
MegaBeedrill said:

Yeah, that's coz the movesets of the three starters were cut to only show the four moves they had in the demo.

Their learnsets were.
The move tutors for it show Thunderpunch and Fire Punch though, but no Ice Punch.

But the move tutor list itself is incomplete in the demo. There is still Dark Pulse in there even though it's a TM.

With regards to the demo, I think there are 3 main possibilities:

1. There are no more Mega Evolutions.
This is probably the safest, least assuming prediction. The demo code showed no extra mega stones or evolutions, nor did it really have any obvious place for them. It's pretty likely there's just no more.

2. The demo is based on an earlier build of the game, and more mega evolutions were added after this build
While this is also a good explanation, it seems to have some holes in it as far as I can tell. As far as I'm aware, Pokemon are one of the first things designed for a new game, not one of the last, so doesn't it seem a bit odd to have the whole game so fully polished, yet still be designing and implementing new ones?

3. The programmers intentionally obfuscated any unannounced Mega Evolutions in the game code.
This is the least likely explanation, in my opinion. Perhaps some people at GF found out people had learned how to decompile their game and unlock some hidden content (say they read any number of the stories about people having Bank mons before PokeBank, or AZ's Floette at all), and then decided to intentionally protect the game from those people. However, there's really no precedent at all for something like this, and it doesn't explain why they left in other stuff, like alternate-forme Hoopa.

In any case, we'll find out in a few days. No need to stress out over it.

Man, it would be extremely disappointing if that really did mean no more megas. Most of the Pokemon that got megas, I either didnt really care about or werent even gen 3. Like Glalie and Slowbro.

Im kind of glad that particular leak is fake though.Everything about it just looks fake. The hair and those eyes... not winning me.

[split] Reddit Leak: Mega Flygon?

Mitja said:
But the move tutor list itself is incomplete in the demo. There is still Dark Pulse in there even though it's a TM.

Is it really a TM in oras though?

Back