Recovered iPhone

J

Juliacoolo

Hello everyone! I recently found an iPhone 4 laying on the side of the road when I was driving home. The phone is in awful physical condition, (It appears to have been run over) but still functions fine. I'd like to unlock it so I can contact the owner and return it.

The problem is that the iPhone has a password. I need to know how I can get by this password, or at least access the contacts so I can call someone.

I've already tried bringing it to an Apple Store. They said they were unable to help me because the phone would not connect to the computer without a password. The back of the phone is so damaged that the serial number on the back is illegible.

I'm not sure if I could jailbreak it to get in, but even if so, the power button is broken, so i don't know how I would get it into DFU mode.

I've looked for iPhone password "crackers", but haven't found anything.

The future of this iPhone is looking pretty bleak >.< Any ideas, guys?

Well....As much as I enjoy seeing this (the right thing being done)...it appears you have a "new" iphone 4.

Go ahead and have the shell replaced (i think its about $130), to restore it, and restore the ios and sell it. If you dont want it, ill be happy to purchase it from you.

*Sigh* I really wanted to see the owner get their phone back. Even if I were to keep it though, I can't reset the phone. It won't let me connect to itunes until I enter the passcode.

Don't you need a special screw driver or something? I don't know how to take one out otherwise.

You can get the screw driver from a store (sorry, forgot which), I think it's an apple store? I've heard that there are certain places that sell them.

Alright...So there wasn't a sim card.

In addition, I've reached a second dilemma. I tried guessing the passcode and....disabled the iphone. It says to connect to itunes, but when I do, it says that I need to enter the password first. WTF Apple.

It seems pretty jammed. I don't think I can fix it from the outside.

ED9928F6-B771-4E21-98E3-78311E301DDF-609-0000004A5ECAA7EB_zps052e9f7d.jpg

20A1099D-44F4-4DD5-B650-C183B81DF132-609-0000004A5CD2DD32_zps2c8ef40f.jpg

Well, I dont think there is anything else you can do. You should just sell it. Hopefully the person gets a new one.

Well, for one thing, It is in a foreign language (which I'm guessing is Spanish). Are there any Spanish-speaking people there that would have it as their primary language? That might give you a lead.

EDIT: Also, there are PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE ON THE LOCK SCREEN. That also might help.

EDIT #2: Also, could we have a picture of the top of it to see the power button?

Back