'Rebel Clash' is May's English Set, Synced Worldwide Releases All But Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

I've legitimately never seen Copperajah's Gigantimax form until seeing it today on the ETB. I just couldn't help but stare at it in bewilderment.

AshCo likes this.

2. GM DracLord Shadow of Death
    GM DracLord

I just notice are we getting 2 monotype (metals) theme decks?

3. PlatinumDude Aspiring Trainer
    PlatinumDude

The new baby Zacian/Zamazenta don't impress me. At least Zacian's can set up future Metal Saucers, both benefit from Perrserker's Steely Spirit for extra damage and I'm hoping that at least 1 of the theme decks has it.

Clam likes this.
  4. The-Kaiser Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
    The-Kaiser

The ETB colors remind me of the now defunct Seattle Super Sonics Basketball team colors :)

5. signofzeta Aspiring Trainer
    signofzeta

They also remind me of those yellow Oakland A's jerseys.

I'm pretty sure the Oregon Ducks had something similar. They have so many jersey designs anyway.

The-Kaiser likes this.
  6. trehcedasil Aspiring Trainer
    trehcedasil

Looks like a crayola crayon box!

7. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

It's fitting that in an era where they admit they are trying to limit the number of types to 5 "main" ones is the first time (iirc?) we get two theme decks that feature Pokemon of the same typing.

8. Winkachu Aspiring Trainer
    Winkachu

OOOO I dig it, but that might be because of my favorite color Yellow rofl.

9. zzzeraora Aspiring Trainer
    zzzeraora

I'm very mixed on this set. On one hand, that logo is already the most unique set logo in history. The black and white top corners of the packs and blister packaging is truly beautiful.
    -But then the theme decks suck. Why do we keep getting theme decks featuring Pokemon with attacks like "Discard 2 energy from this pokemon" while doing small damage and having a bad attack cost? Is it because they're not f*cking charizard? Because to this day that's the only theme deck with a genuinely terribly overpowered attack. Not a single theme deck has had a card that can do that much damage since.
    -And on the other hand, I really don't get the ETB. Why copperajah??? We're getting a Gmax Toxtricity event in the game, and he's on one of the pack arts, so why is Gmax Copperajah the ETB mascot? It's a well known fact that Gmax Copperajah is an ugly, worthless pile of crap.

10. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

News to me!

11. Luplayz The Master of bad Pokemon
    Luplayz

Well since there are 7 gmaxes in this set, we have yet to see one revealed in any form.
    list of ones revealed:

Toxtricity VMAX
    Copperajah VMAX (from the ETB)
    Rillaboom VMAX
    Cinderace VMAX
    Inteleon VMAX
    and Dragapult VMAX

12. TheRealBro.. Let's get drowzee
    TheRealBro..

Yeah, such is life. You missed nothing with Sword and Shield (although the Pokemon are allright). A big step down from Sun and Moon, which were already low on my list. Shame I have the same thing with the TCG and still long for galaxy holofoil. The tag team sets had me coming back for a year though.

Skeleton Liar likes this.
  13. raualsk Aspiring Trainer
    raualsk

Last edited: May 7, 2020

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?