Ready Aim Fire Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand again we have the situation where 2 players are alive and 1 has a piercing shot. You'd think we would get some variety in this game, but nope.

Sure, let's do Arena Ferox. But I hold down R when I select it so we can hear the Fire Emblem theme while we fight. Man, that song is good.

So, everyone, including and especially dead folks:

How do you prefer the flavor of this game? I was planning on writing this whole thing with the final two characters, something more than like "and then mewtwo shadow balled goku for game" but I'm not sure if that's really the best idea.

Pros:

- It makes the flavor more fun
- Builds up excitement to see who wins (as more people die, the filler gets larger to compensate)

Cons

- Longer waits between rounds as I write up the flavor
- Assuming we do different flavor every game, I don't always know enough about the subject matter to write out lengthy descriptions of it (compare this game to last game which basically devolved into "A kills B, gg" towards the end).

I mean, yeah we could do Smash Bros every time but I'm sure that would get boring eventually. I might keep SSB as the flavor for a couple more rounds though because it's great flavor for this game and I actually know the material well.

What do you guys think?

In the meantime, I've got a finale to finish writing. MAN VS APE. WHO WILL WIN ALL AND WHO WILL BE DEAD (IF ANYONE)? FIND OUT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON PROBABLY TOMORROW

Personally, I would prefer simple flavor if it meant for rounds to go up faster. Big, elaborated flavor could slow the game down too much. If it's for the final 2/the round a winner is declared, I'd be fine if you made an exception, and made it really epic. But it's up to you, really. I don't particularly mind any approach.

The original flavours for the first few rounds where fine, and I suggest making some more detailed ones for finales.

I enjoy having the flavour we've had so far. I wouldn't say that it's been simple, but it's been saying "these people died, this is how they died" and we all get a laugh from it.

In the round where a winner is declared, a think that an epic finale could be fun.

Arena Ferox was overflowing with people. Thousands had come to witness what was sure to be the battle of the century. Two men enter. One man leaves. Er, wait. A woman and a monkey enter. And one of them leaves. But I guess the monkey is male. Okay, Robin is back to being male. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES.

Or maybe no men would leave. Or maybe they'd both shake hands and walk away. This crowd, they'd seen just about everything before.

As the lights dimmed and the crowd got quiet, the spawning platform containing Robin appeared. As it descended to the main stage, the crowd grew louder than ever, making it clear as day who they wanted to take home the gold. Robin stepped off and did a twirly spin. He pointed his sword to the crowd, and they all joined in when he said, "Let's tip the scales!" Boy, that felt good. He'd been wanting to get that out ever since the first round.

Of course, for every fan of one person, there exists a fan for the other guy. Diddy Kong, Peanut Popgun in hand, descended. He had been doing some mental preparation for this battle, but... there were so many people here. He thought he could faintly hear people cheering for him somewhere underneath the general noise of the crowd, and that helped calm his nerves a little.

Robin stared the tiny monkey down. He didn't remember seeing Diddy do much of anything in the previous rounds. He saw the glow in Diddy's eyes and knew he could unleash his Final Smash at any moment. Robin closed his eyes for a moment and tried to remember what exactly Diddy Kong's Final Smash was. A moment was all he had, however, as the announcer counted down the start of the battle.

Diddy Kong immediately went on the offensive. The stage would shift soon, and that meant Robin could hide. Diddy aimed his gun and fired a few peanuts in Robin's direction as he dashed forward, intent on ending this match now. Caught off guard, Robin was left no option but to use Elwind to escape. Diddy continued shooting, following Robin as he landed on the other side of Arena Ferox, just inches from the edge.

"That was close," the young man thought to himself. He was given no reprieve, however, as Diddy Kong was hot on his heels. He did a leaping flip and latched himself onto Robin. He raised his arms overhead and delivered a nasty double-fisted overhead punch to Robin's head, kicking off of him as Robin tumbled to the ground. Suddenly, purple mist appeared on the floor. Robin used this opportunity to escape before Diddy could hurt him anymore. The floor beneath them opened up, and several platforms rose up to different levels.

Diddy cursed under his breath. He'd had Robin on the ropes. The numerous platforms meant his gun was all but useless, and the platforms' layout made swinging from them with anything resembling agility almost impossible. Final Smash? You can forget it. He'd never land a single shot. No, he'd have to wait the change out before attempting that, but he'd do his best to make do. He kept his gun at the ready and snuck around the bottom level, waiting for Robin to appear. He heard a piece of a platform crumble above him, and he spun around quickly, pointing his gun towards the disturbance. "I've got you!" he shouted, firing three shots in quick succession. They hit nothing but the ceiling.

Suddenly, Robin appeared from behind the monkey, tome in hand, ready to cast. "Nosferatu!" Two shadowy hands reached out and grabbed Diddy, forming a swirl of dark energy that sapped the ape's strength. Diddy eventually broke free of the attack, but Robin was ready with a powerful smash attack that sent Diddy flying. Diddy quickly used his rocket barrel to reverse his momentum and get back on the stage, but by the time he had set foot on solid ground, Robin was nowhere to be found.

All Diddy had to do, however, was look up. "Arcfire!" was heard, and suddenly Diddy Kong was on fire. He dropped to the ground and rolled like a madman, trying to put the hot flames out. Robin was on him instantly, casting Nosferatu again on the burning ape. One smash attack later, and Diddy was sent flying far. Using the rocket barrel, he managed to grab the ledge with one hand. Robin walked over to him, tome crackling with electrical energy. "Had enough?" he taunted.

"Never!" Diddy Kong cried, aiming his gun with his free hand. He fired a shot, smacking Robin hard right in the face, causing him to lose his balance. Diddy leaped onto the stage just as the platforms started to head back into the stage.

Robin, furious, magically grabbed Diddy by the collar of his shirt and began to charge his tome again. "You can't win. I'm always three steps ahead."

"Oh yeah? Don't let it go to your head," Diddy Kong said, looking into Robin with his golden eyes. "Otherwise you might just regret it!" He pressed B, and a second gun appeared in Diddy's hands. The second his rocket barrel appeared, Diddy took to the sky, dragging his poor opponent with him. He fired a massive amount of peanuts point blank into Robin's face, causing incredible damage. He plummeted to the ground as Diddy kept firing straight down after him, pelting Robin with attack after attack. He ejected himself from the rocket barrel and threw it down at his opponent, resulting in a huge explosion that sent Robin off the stage and light years past the blast zone. He was defeated. His attack complete, Diddy took out another rocket barrel and used it to slow his descent back to the ground. The crowd went wild with this upset, and this time Diddy Kong could hear the loud roar of his own name as the citizens of Regna Ferox verbally crowned their new champion.

This game's winner is...

[admin]Machamp The Champion (Diddy Kong)[/admin]

What do you guys think of the ending? Would something like this be okay for the last couple battles? Let me know, and I'll see you guys in game seven.

Also no complaints about me messing up any FE locales/behaviors/people/anything, I have never played it and only got the name of Regna Ferox from the wiki.

I enjoyed reading that flavor quite a bit. Very exciting! I liked the part where I killed TT, and I won. That was pretty cool. As long as you like writing it, I'll enjoy reading it.

I have to say, I loved it as well; it even made losing interesting. I liked the parts where I slowly drained the life force out of MtC. That was pretty cool. Seriously though, good game!

See you all for the next match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back