Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It's time for another exciting episode of Ready Aim Fire!

This is a very simple game. Everyone starts the game with a gun. At any time during the action phase, you may PM me one of the following three actions:

1. Shoot [living player who is not you].
2. Shoot myself.
3. Do nothing.

After everyone submits their action or time runs out, all shots are resolved simultaneously, with nonsensical and hilarious flavor to keep things fun.

If you shoot a player, you kill them and they die. If that player chose to shoot themselves, however, then you die instead. If you shoot yourself and no one else shoots you, you die. If you do nothing and no one shoots you, you will earn a piercing shot to be used at any time. This shot will pierce the "defense" of any player shooting themselves. Will you roll the dice and try for the piercing shot? Or play it safe and take action? The choice is yours...

An example to demonstrate. PMJ, Drohn, Athena, DNA, Teal are in a game. PMJ shoots Drohn. Drohn shoots himself. Athena shoots herself. DNA shoots Drohn. Teal does nothing. Resolution: PMJ and DNA die because they both shot Drohn, who shot himself. Drohn survives because he shot himself and was also shot. Athena dies because she shot herself and no one else shot her. Teal avoids everyone and earns the piercing shot to use at his leisure.

There is no altering of an action once it has been submitted unless the host gives permission to do so.

The gimmick for this game: Player revival. Earn the right to be resurrected by correctly predicting the actions of your opponents!

When you submit your player action, also submit a prediction.

The proper syntax is, "Predicting [player] will [action]," where [player] is a living player who isn't you and is not someone you are shooting in the current round, and [action] is either (1) shoot [player], where [player] is the name of any living player, including you; (2) shoot him/herself; (3) do nothing.

If your prediction is correct, you will earn a resurrection token with which you will automatically redeem at the end of the round after you die...assuming the game isn't already over!

Rez tokens also work if you suicide. The mechanic seems like it might not be powerful enough so hopefully everyone can make some good use out of it. If not, I can always tweak or remove it.

Each action phase is 48 hours long or whenever all living players submit their actions, whichever is sooner. There are no extensions.

If you fail to send in an action, or only send in a prediction, you will die (and your prediction is null and void). Be the last player standing to win!

If you have any questions, please ask. Happy hunting. :]

Game 1 winner: Jeremy1026
Game 2 winner: Reinforce
Game 3 winner: Machamp The Champion
Game 4 winner: no one

TRIBUTES FOR GAME FIVE:

AlexanderTheAwesome
bbninjas
bigfootaus
Blui
Celever
Chaos Jackal
Drohn
Haunted Water
Ice Espeon
Jeremy1026
--- 10 tributes ---
Luispipe8
Machamp The Champion
Omega Soul
Reinforce
Teal
--- 15 tributes ---

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RE: Ready Aim Fire Game 5

In! I do have a suggestion about the game though. I think it would be worthwhile for a variety of people to host RAF. Not saying you are a bad host, PMJ; it is really enjoyable! :D Different hosts would also create a variety of flavour for each game, but once again I'm not saying yours is bad PMJ (I liked it when it was detailed ;))!

Celever

Wheeeee~

bbninjas said:
In! I do have a suggestion about the game though. I think it would be worthwhile for a variety of people to host RAF. Not saying you are a bad host, PMJ; it is really enjoyable! :D Different hosts would also create a variety of flavour for each game, but once again I'm not saying yours is bad PMJ (I liked it when it was detailed ;))!

Personally I think it is great that if someone introduces a new game to this subforum that they get precedence in hosting it. Sort of like a "well done on bringing this to PB".

If PMJ wants to stand down due to any reason that's fine though!

Also I have a question, PMJ: Can you be revived after death? Like if you predict correctly after you die, can you come back to life? Maybe not in the final 3 onwards, but before then?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Good question. Right now predictions are only valid if you're alive but that may change if I feel like it.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

If you guys want like a theme for flavor instead of whatever pops into my head, maybe just put some ideas in the thread and then I'll use whatever one people want the most or something?

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

PMJ said:
Good question. Right now predictions are only valid if you're alive but that may change if I feel like it.

I vote no, as this would slow down the game waiting for 18 dead players to submit their guess, after the last 2 survivors have already submitted their actions. Unless, you can only submit a prediction before all living players submit.

Drohn

Wild War Dance

I don't mind either way, but we already use deadlines so that would solve the problem of waiting too long. If players don't submit before the deadline they miss out.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Machamp The Champion said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Hunger games style

/in

What do you mean by Hunger Games style? Like for the flavor?

In, by the way.

Or the last two players decide not to do anything at all, and so the host has to declare them both winners or else the audience will riot.

In, by the way! I want in!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Letting dead people resurrect themselves can result in an infinite game when the number of logical plays goes way down. I'm wary about allowing it.

Anyone not want hunger games? If I get no opinions then it's every game after this will be ponies! ! 1! 1!!!! 1

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past

Hunger Games are great, so me in and yeah for Hunger Games.
Ponies are a great idea too. Everyone could use a bunch of dead ponies. Who needs them alive anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.