RayBoar and Delphox

Status
Not open for further replies.

HT F8

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, new Pokemon TCG player here. I'm coming from a few years of playing Yu-Gi-Oh! and I really like how balanced the game looks.

I've decided on my first deck being RayBoar, and have it almost totally built.

I was wondering what the more experienced players think about running a Delphox lineup in RayBoar. I've thought of trying out a 2-0-2 or 3-1-3 line when it comes out, but it seems like it could really cramp. Delphox seems to be way too good, though, especially for a newer player like myself who doesn't want to invest in Tropical Beach just yet.

I also plan on testing out a 2-2 Electrode lineup, but of course Delphox has more synergy with the rest of the deck.

Does Delphox have a place in RayBoar? Is it better to just run DelBoar instead? Or is it better off to stick to the standard lineup or Emboar, Rayquaza, and Reshiram?

My bad if this is in the wrong section, please correct me if so.

Thanks!

Yeah, it is a craaaaaaamp like anything. I guess it could take the space for those consistency cards, like a couple N or juniper, because its a draw power in itself. The problem is that you need to get Emboar on the field and fast. Playing delphox will just slow you down. I have a grand total of 0 idea on why you chose to go with this deck as it doesn't work without tropical beach. You can try delphox but I suggest (either this or getting tropical beach) to go with another deck.

zavtac said:
Yeah, it is a craaaaaaamp like anything. I guess it could take the space for those consistency cards, like a couple N or juniper, because its a draw power in itself. The problem is that you need to get Emboar on the field and fast. Playing delphox will just slow you down. I have a grand total of 0 idea on why you chose to go with this deck as it doesn't work without tropical beach. You can try delphox but I suggest (either this or getting tropical beach) to go with another deck.

I see.

To say "it doesn't work" seems like a bit of an exaggeration. It's obviously a little better and more competitive with Beach, though. I've seen Blastoise/Keldeo decks do well with 2-2 Electrode instead of Beach, and they play similarly.

But I could be totally wrong. Thanks for your post!

Yeah, it was a bit of exaggeration. Sorry about that (it wouldn't be in the competitive forum XD). Yes, the Electrode does work, as it is only a stage 1. The problem with delphox, is that it's a stage 2. Its hard to get out, and you sacrifice consistency by a big key playing that. So if you are going for that deck, I suggest going electrode instead.

Run Rayboar with a 1-0-1 line with a Town Map in your list to locate them from your prizes.

zavtac said:
Yeah, it was a bit of exaggeration. Sorry about that (it wouldn't be in the competitive forum XD). Yes, the Electrode does work, as it is only a stage 1. The problem with delphox, is that it's a stage 2. Its hard to get out, and you sacrifice consistency by a big key playing that. So if you are going for that deck, I suggest going electrode instead.

Ahh you make a good point! Thanks. :)

Blui said:
Run Rayboar with a 1-0-1 line with a Town Map in your list to locate them from your prizes.

Ah, also a possibility. Thanks!

I think Delphox is definitely worth it's place in Ray/Boar. I would still play Rayquaza, but I think you can cut out the Reshiram's and maybe a Supporter or 2 for a 2-0-2 line. You might also be able to cut your Emboar line down a little bit (3-0-3 at the minimum) because it's not easy for decks to KO your Tepig's due to Catchers errata. I'll personally be testing Rayquaza/Emboar/Delphox in the next format to see how good it is.

A side note, you can still play this deck without Tropical Beach. As zavtac said, it does help, but if you like the deck and you think it works well without it, then keep playing it.

Machamp The Champion said:
I think Delphox is definitely worth it's place in Ray/Boar. I would still play Rayquaza, but I think you can cut out the Reshiram's and maybe a Supporter or 2 for a 2-0-2 line. You might also be able to cut your Emboar line down a little bit (3-0-3 at the minimum) because it's not easy for decks to KO your Tepig's due to Catchers errata. I'll personally be testing Rayquaza/Emboar/Delphox in the next format to see how good it is.

A side note, you can still play this deck without Tropical Beach. As zavtac said, it does help, but if you like the deck and you think it works well without it, then keep playing it.

But Trevenant (and Gothitelle) wreck face without a Stage 1. :(

I'm been checking out the 'Beachless' thread (http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-going-beach-less) and they have some good discussion on 2-2 Electrode and 4x Bicycle. Space is tight, though.

Thanks!

HT F8 said:
zavtac said:

I see.

To say "it doesn't work" seems like a bit of an exaggeration. It's obviously a little better and more competitive with Beach, though. I've seen Blastoise/Keldeo decks do well with 2-2 Electrode instead of Beach, and they play similarly.

But I could be totally wrong. Thanks for your post!

well, since delphox is a stage 2 you'll have to use your candies on getting it with a 2-0-2 line, but with electrode you dont need them, Delphox's Blaze Ball can do at least 110 so if you wanted you could use delboar(you would probably need to cut pignite and braxien) but personally i think delphox and beach are equal, only because you cant use delphox to trump a virbank or other stadiums, but in your situation, you just need to decide electrode or delphox

Scorched Feathers said:
If it helps, i know someone who runs 1-0-1 Delphox in Rayboar, with Rare Candies and stuff coming into use.

It sounds like a good line, but getting one of them prized would be rough. Especially so if you're not running Beach.

On the point of Trevenant and Gothitelle ruining your accessibility for Delphox without the stage 1, just don't try and get it out if your playing an item-lock deck?

Woe is this thread! Woe is this thread! Simple words cannot adequately describe this... This madness! The madness of the black magic -- the dark sorcery -- that has befallen this thread! Those who practice such a thing have been prohibited to do so, however, and even so, it plagues this great forum! Such a thing is so dark, so devious that the thread afflicted as such should be quarantined immediately! As I stand here, rambling, this plague will spread! Nay, I say, nay to this horrid event! This thread shall be locked with my Kido technique!

Bakudo Number One! Sai!

*Thread becomes locked due to Necrobumping*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back