Rates for Emerging Powers Booster Box?

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
I searched for a bit and didn't see the thread for this, soo... Has anyone here opened a Emerging Powers Booster Box and have a couple rates like FA's, Catchers, Holos in general? I've never bought a Booster Box and I'm looking at this, so hopefully someone has a few rates. ^^

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
RenaeCollects on Youtube has a box opening and she managed to complete the set. She got two Catchers and both FAs in her box, and mentioned that her friend who won the boxes got three Catchers in his.

From watching her opening and reading other collectors' posts, it seems like EP has the same FA rate as BW did - namely, you get at least one of each per box. Ditto for the holo rate - one in three packs.

A lot of people have claimed that Catcher and other "good" uncommons are shortchanged in boxes but I think it's all just chance. When I get my box next week, I'll edit in how many of each that I personally got.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
When I go to the prerelease on the 27th, I will get a box and record the opening for youtube, also I'll post the rates here.

ogeray

Aspiring Trainer
catcher is rediculously hard to get.
out of the prerelease booster draft, we only had 1 catcher in the group

RobertBenjamin

Aspiring Trainer
Me and my son went to the prerelease. Combined 18 packs, we got a FA Thundurus, FA Tornadus, regular Thundurus, 2 catchers, 1 Cobalion, 1 Virizion, 1 Gothitelle Ability, 2 Sheer Cold Beartics. All in all I can say we got good pulls.

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
ogeray said:
catcher is rediculously hard to get.
out of the prerelease booster draft, we only had 1 catcher in the group

Ditto. My draft box was something like:
1 Catcher
2 Full Arts
1 Abilitelle
1 Sheertic
And about 1/3 of packs had holos
Hope this helps and my combinations of words aren't confusing! ;)

BeserkMagikarp

Kurly Wurly
Frost said:
RenaeCollects on Youtube has a box opening and she managed to complete the set. She got two Catchers and both FAs in her box, and mentioned that her friend who won the boxes got three Catchers in his.
Off-Topic: J-wittz is her boyfriend.

On-Topic: The ratio is pretty crappy, it's like three catcher, 1-2 full arts and just normal as the rest, Renae got all the holos if I'm not mistaken...

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
BeserkMagikarp said:
Off-Topic: J-wittz is her boyfriend.

I figured as much, but I wasn't sure and didn't want to say "boyfriend" in case he wasn't. ;)

Can somebody good with math determine how many of one uncommon you should get per box? Because I've seen people open boxes and not specific uncommons at all, even if they weren't "good" uncommons like Catcher. But because Catcher is so good and most players want it, many are rushing to say that it's more "rare" than usual.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Frost said:
I figured as much, but I wasn't sure and didn't want to say "boyfriend" in case he wasn't. ;)

Can somebody good with math determine how many of one uncommon you should get per box?

Actually, I've already figured that out a long time ago the answer is either 32 or 54. (32 if you don't include RHs, 54 if you do include RHs.) It's kinda hard to explain how I came up with that. (Seriously it'd take me about an hour to type it and explain it.)

EDIT: After re-reading your question, I gave a good answer but not the right one for your question, I don't think there is an answer for your question, since the cards are randomized, but my answer is how many chances you have of getting Catcher in a box. -.-

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Frost said:

Can somebody good with math determine how many of one uncommon you should get per box? Because I've seen people open boxes and not specific uncommons at all, even if they weren't "good" uncommons like Catcher. But because Catcher is so good and most players want it, many are rushing to say that it's more "rare" than usual.

Uncommons are also randomly placed, unlike FA's (Unconfirmed until we get the official number, but in BW boxes, it was one of each), so really, you could end up with no catchers/any other uncommon from a box, highly unlikely, but possible.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Reading these it makes me wonder if I want to sell my last two Catchers or not. .-. (I'm selling them to get the box, the irony)

I'll be getting (ordering) mine in probably ten days or so, and I'll be sure I post what I got from mine. Hopefully I get two Catcher at least.

TragicTheSaddening

Insert Something Here
Frost said:

Since there's 30 Uncommon cards in EP (I think) and you have 3 chances of getting a catcher as one of the cards in your pack, that means 10% of packs on should contain a regular Pokemon Catcher. Likewise, assuming the Full arts aren't reverse holo cards, you have a 1 in 96 chance of getting a reverse holo Pokemon Catcher.

Assuming that getting a normal Catcher and a reverse holo Catcher are independent (which can be assumed since it's possible to to get both the regular card and it's reverse holo in the same pack), that leaves a 10.94% chance of getting a Pokemon Catcher in a booster pack. Therefore if you open a booster box, you should on average get 3.94 Pokemon Catchers in a box (although I don't know how happy you would be with 0.94 of a card xD )

Azurial

Aspiring Trainer
at both of the PRs i went to, in the whole group, 4 FAs were pulled 5 Catcher. I pulled 1 catcher in the first PR and 2 at the other, both in the same pack as a rev and a regular. I pulled one of each FA at each PR - Thundurus at the first and tornadus at the second. so the rates are kinda high i think.