• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rat Trap (Delcatty/Omastar/Cradily/Kabutops)

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 26

* 4 Skitty DAA 141
* 4 Delcatty DAA 142
* 3 Kabuto TEU 77
* 3 Omanyte TEU 75
* 3 Kabutops TEU 78
* 3 Omastar TEU 76
* 3 Lileep CEC 10
* 3 Cradily CEC 11

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 4 Pokémon Research Lab UNM 205
* 2 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 3 Unidentified Fossil CEC 207
* 4 Kabu DAA 163
* 4 Green's Exploration UNB 175
* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182

##Energy - 4

* 2 Grass Energy SWSHEnergy 1
* 2 Fire Energy SWSHEnergy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Point of the deck is to trap a rat (Dedenne GX) in the active, and win by deckout.
Of course if they don't play a rat down, a Crobat V, or an Oricorio GX, or some other target that can't attack will work.

Delcatty's the only attacker, it's attack is basically a Boss's orders with confusion.
Cradily stops the confused new active pokemon from retreating manually.
Omastar stops your opponent using switch or scoop up net.
Kabutops stops them using Bird Keeper or Mallow and Lana (only needed if they are likely to play either, but also helps speed things up by stopping Marnie).

The stadium gets out fossils, Green's gets you pieces, and Kabu can get you a big new hand if you start with an otherwise dead one, plus it is a shuffle draw supporter so it puts your hand back into your deck to win the deckout race (whereas Marnie doesn't help you there since it shrinks your opponent's hand as well).

This is obviously a fragile deck that only works if you surprise your opponent. In other words, a fun deck.

If you are looking for something randomly different to play, have at it. And if you have any suggestions for improvement, let me know.

Currently it does struggle if item lock is not acheivable, and if they don't play a support pokemon that can't attack, that can also stop you. A non-Green's build might let you play Mawile GX to put down those Dedennes and other pokemon to help out with both... but I only have 1 Mawile online at the moment, plus starting with it in a 4 Jirachi build (which I did try previously, with yell horn and Boss) is a loss condition.
Other bothersome things... obviously they can Boss KO some part of your lock before it's online, they may play phione to avoid deckout... like I said a fragile deck, but fun.

Yog

Rogue
I do enjoy a good fossil deck.

Have you considered a Tag engine - utilising Guzma/Hala TT, as a way to get the early stadium? Green's is great here right up until any piece of your lock comes out, then it's dead weight.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
That's a really good idea... G&H could get stadium, and maybe air balloon and recycle energy. And tag calls would obviously be more reliable than gears. I suppose I could afford to play both mawile and jirachi then, starting mawile would only be a 1/9 chance.

Newwaverap

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 26

* 4 Skitty DAA 141
* 4 Delcatty DAA 142
* 3 Kabuto TEU 77
* 3 Omanyte TEU 75
* 3 Kabutops TEU 78
* 3 Omastar TEU 76
* 3 Lileep CEC 10
* 3 Cradily CEC 11

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 4 Pokémon Research Lab UNM 205
* 2 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 3 Unidentified Fossil CEC 207
* 4 Kabu DAA 163
* 4 Green's Exploration UNB 175
* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182

##Energy - 4

* 2 Grass Energy SWSHEnergy 1
* 2 Fire Energy SWSHEnergy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Point of the deck is to trap a rat (Dedenne GX) in the active, and win by deckout.
Of course if they don't play a rat down, a Crobat V, or an Oricorio GX, or some other target that can't attack will work.

Delcatty's the only attacker, it's attack is basically a Boss's orders with confusion.
Cradily stops the confused new active pokemon from retreating manually.
Omastar stops your opponent using switch or scoop up net.
Kabutops stops them using Bird Keeper or Mallow and Lana (only needed if they are likely to play either, but also helps speed things up by stopping Marnie).

The stadium gets out fossils, Green's gets you pieces, and Kabu can get you a big new hand if you start with an otherwise dead one, plus it is a shuffle draw supporter so it puts your hand back into your deck to win the deckout race (whereas Marnie doesn't help you there since it shrinks your opponent's hand as well).

This is obviously a fragile deck that only works if you surprise your opponent. In other words, a fun deck.

If you are looking for something randomly different to play, have at it. And if you have any suggestions for improvement, let me know.

Currently it does struggle if item lock is not acheivable, and if they don't play a support pokemon that can't attack, that can also stop you. A non-Green's build might let you play Mawile GX to put down those Dedennes and other pokemon to help out with both... but I only have 1 Mawile online at the moment, plus starting with it in a 4 Jirachi build (which I did try previously, with yell horn and Boss) is a loss condition.
Other bothersome things... obviously they can Boss KO some part of your lock before it's online, they may play phione to avoid deckout... like I said a fragile deck, but fun.

Is this the fila build of your deck? We are looking for interesting decks to play on our channel and was wondering if we could used this and credit you of course.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think I ever revised it much after this. I actually haven't been playing very much the last couple months or so. As for permission feel free (understanding the deck as is is just for fun), and also what's your channel so I can see how it goes?

Newwaverap

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think I ever revised it much after this. I actually haven't been playing very much the last couple months or so. As for permission feel free (understanding the deck as is is just for fun), and also what's your channel so I can see how it goes?
OK, done! We got some great games and uploaded the video on our YT channel. I PM'd you the link to the channel. Video will be out on Sunday! Thank you once again, and if anyone else has ant good and unique Standard decks please let me know and i will do my best to play some good games and upload them and of course credit the creator.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
That was very entertaining to watch, thank you! I'd have commented on the vid but comments were off on that one. Slowduck vid was also highly entertaining, keep up the good work.

ChimpoTheWise

Aspiring Trainer
This deck looks like a lot of fun but why not use rare candy to get more speed? This deck seems to be fun to run but I have yet to try. Props for making a unique deck

Newwaverap

Aspiring Trainer
This deck looks like a lot of fun but why not use rare candy to get more speed? This deck seems to be fun to run but I have yet to try. Props for making a unique deck

I actually thought the same thing but if you watch the video, having the stadium guarantees the turn 2 stage 2 mons almost every time. So rare candy is actually slower.