• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Rat Poison (raticate/ariados/triple boost energy)

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
poke: 19
3-3 raticate BCR
2 raticate break
2-2 ariados AOR
2-2 salazzle GRI
2 salazzle GX
1 ditto prism star

trainer: 30
2 Cynthia
3 N
3 guzma
1 brigette
2 winona
2 AZ
2 vs seeker
2 rescue stretcher
2 hypnotoxic laser
1 ninja boy
2 nest ball
2 ultra ball
2 level ball
1 field blower
2 special charge
1 computer search

energy: 11
3 fire energy
4 DCE
4 triple boost energy

still playing around with it, but with the rise of tag team pokemon, and triple boost energy in the next set raticate I think is in a good position to take out some of the big guys before they get setup.

so strat is get a raticate up with a triple boost and either ariados, salazzle or a hypnotoxic laser to poison, raticate superfang weakens them and the poison finishes them off.

the salazzle line (reg + gx) is mostly there to buy time setting up if needed and could maybe be replaced with something else. might need something to speed up getting the triple energy out of the deck as well.

so thoughts?

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
As someone who played with this with BKP Raticate when it was still standard, the biggest issue is getting the Breaks out quickly. With the resources we have now/will have in May, the two things I suggest adding are a more full integration of the fire type (i.e. UNB Salazzle and Heat Factory PS) for draw. Five supporters seems a bit low for my taste (I usually run 6 at minimum). You could also sub in the BKP Raticate (maybe 1 copy?) since its ability does give you more staying power being immune to Ariados' poison effect. That would also, though you can't get it T2, negate the need for the Triple boost and would free up more space for Fire energy to be used in draw.

k4kirin

Aspiring Trainer
I'm using this deck currently. It has some trouble setting up, but it kills with ease.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Rattata EVO 66
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Raticate BCR 105
* 1 Raticate BREAK BKP 89
* 1 Marshadow SLG 45

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Winona ROS 108
* 1 Counter Gain LOT 170
* 2 Rescue Scarf DRX 115
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 2 Mina LOT 183
* 1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Order Pad UPR 131

##Energy - 9

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 5 Fairy Energy XYEnergy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hypnotoxic really works wonders, and Shrine is a great backup for EX GX. But it does auto lose to trev, so maybe I should consider using Ariados as well. However, this isn't Antibodies rat so it might kill you instead, especially against a spread deck like Trev.

Mina is definitely the way to go to charge fast. Counter Gain is also very helpful.

Rescue Scarf was a trick I copied from Trev; really helps to keep your momentum going.