Collecting Rarest Card in Your Collection?

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I just don't know how to answer that question. Most of the cards mentioned here I have as well, except for the SR Ultra Ball (anyone willing to trade or sell one? ;) ) the secret gold mega Pokémon, and the illustrator Pikachu card.

I guess it would either be my 1st edition Shadowless Base Set Charizard (I have all the 1st edition base set holos) or the 1st edition Shining Charizard from Neo Destiny (have all shinies from Neo in 1st edition). Though I do have Crystal Charizard from Skyridge and Charizard * Delta Species. None have been graded but I can tell they look nice enough and by the time they get sold, long after I die if I have any say in it, it might not matter as much anyway.

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I have a really bad quality non-holo Charizard from Legendary Collection which I think is worth a bit, despite it's quality. Other than that I think my Crystal Nidoking from Aquapolis or Misty's Seadra & Dark Gyarados prerelease cards are worth a bit too. I think the complete Rumble TCG set I have, might be worth a bit too.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
my rarest i guess would be Charizard Base set No Shadow Unlimited Or

These 2 Gold Border cards.

Attachments

• IMG_20160326_161959.jpg
    IMG_20160326_161959.jpg
    924.4 KB · Views: 12

DmightyB

Da Mighty Bee
Gonna go with my crystal Skyridge Lugia/Golem from Skyridge, or I can make a tie with my Latias* but she has seen better days :3

Last edited:

Kurenai Bara

Aspiring Trainer
I started buying pokemon packs before it was popular. They were only $2.50-$3.00 a pack back then. My friends and I were playing Magic then and I was claiming that it would be the next magic... lucky guess, but always a fun story to tell. At the end, after selling some when it became popular, I still have around 900 cards from the 1st edition base set with 40 of them being holo. What hurts is I threw away a pile of like 40 wrappers to find out a year later that they were worth more than what I paid for the packs. Oh well, guess that's how things go.

Here's a pic of just the pikas I sent for my friend's kids to see a little while ago. I might dig up the others to get a photo later.

dno4D7Z.jpg

Mudkip2009

Experienced VG Trainer
I opened 2 boxes worth of Phantom Forces boosters to get the Silver Secret Dialga. Got it in the last pack :)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Like a couple others here, my rarest is also Mew* (Dragon Frontiers). Got it from a blister pack on Christmas one year. Out of all the gold star cards I could've gotten, I'm glad that was the one because I had already started up a Mew collection. Very cool to see that it's gone up in value, but I'll be hanging onto it.

Shining Mew (CoroCoro promo) is probably my next rarest. They're all over eBay, but most of the ones under $70 are damaged. I ended up getting one that appears flawless to the naked eye for only $30.

After that would be my English Neo Destiny Shining Pokémon cards: Raichu, Mewtwo, and Kabutops (unlimited edition). I pulled Raichu myself, got Mewtwo in a trade, and was given Kabutops.

And then there's Ooyama's Pikachu and my factory-sealed Dance! Neo Imakuni? card.

ViralRiver

Aspiring Trainer
This beautiful mint no rarity charizard. But it's no longer mine as I accepted an $8000 offer on it.

Attachments

570.6 KB · Views: 8