Rappin' - 1st Place BRs

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I've been really sick twice this month so I've only attended two Battle Roads so far. So I have some major catching up to do. I go with Eelektrik/Lightning stuff/Mewtwo-EX/Terrakion because it's the best deck.

Round 1 vs ZekEel
I fall behind early because his start is better. But he's running Stunfisk and I'm running Terrakion. Terrakion is just a better, more powerful card so I'm able to get an upper hand and come back. He also flips tails twice on Stunfisk's attack, but I had Switch both times.

Round 2 vs ZekEel
He's not running Terrakion, so I once again get an advantage. Early-game I Catcher one Eelektrik then use Raikou-EX to snipe off other ones, but he keeps hitting Switch or DCE. He drops a Zekrom-EX with Eviolite, and I want to be able to capitalize on that but I never hit the PlusPower and Fighting at the same time. Instead, he starts a Mewtwo war pretty early on and I'm able to come out on top in that because he has less Eelektriks.

Round 3 vs ZekEel
Once again, my opponent gets off to a superior start. I'm forced to use Mewtwo-EX early to revenge a Zekrom of his that just Bolt Striked. From there, the Mewtwo war begins but he whiffs the 2nd Mewtwo after I N him to 1, and that secures the win for me.

Round 4 vs ZekEel
He wins the flip to go first and flips over Tornadus-EX to my lone Tynamo and instantly drops Skyarrow. If I can survive the first turn, he has two free prizes just sitting there. He Dual Balls for double heads to take Tynamo and Smeargle, then Junk Arms for Dual Ball and hits two more heads for two more Tynamo. Then he Junipers but misses the DCE. He retreats into Smeargle and Portraits my PONT. He hits the DCE but whiffs the Switch. So he attaches to Smeargle and uses Tail Rap. Heads heads...

Round 5 vs ZekEel
We both get going pretty quickly. I go first and hit T2 Raikou-EX snipe on his Tynamo. On his T2, he uses a Mewtwo + DCE to KO a Tynamo of mine. So I revenge it with my Mewtwo, putting me ahead in the Mewtwo war. I used a PlusPower to do it, so I only have two energy attached and he can only get two on his Mewtwo. So I get to kill another Mewtwo before he kills one of mine, putting the prize count at 1-5 in my favor. He just can't come back from that as I also have a Terrakion and Zekrom ready.

Round 6 vs Darkrai-EX/Tornadus-EX
We're pretty even on the prize exchange for most of the game. He eventually takes all my Eelektriks out of play but at that point I'm ready with a Terrakion. I get down to one prize to his two and I don't have any EX cards in play. He takes it to 1-1 and I need to hit a Catcher to win. I haven't used any yet. I Juniper and hit it on the 7th card for the win.

I cut in the 2nd seed. 1st seed is Darkrai/Tornadus, 3rd is Celebox, and 4th is Klinklang.

Top 4 vs Celebi/Tornadus/Mewtwo-EX/Regigigas-EX
I'm able to win this match by KOing six Pokémon, lol.

Game one he opens Shaymin-EX, drops Regigias-EX within the first couple turns, and starts attacking with Mewtwo early. I'm able to revenge the Mewtwo after he hits my Terrakion for 80. So I'm already up two prizes. He starts attacking with Regigigas. I'm able to use my 2nd Terrakion to OHKO it. Then I Catcher his Eviolited Shaymin-EX, PONT to hit Zekrom and PlusPower, triple Dynamotor to the Zekrom, retreat Smeargle and Bolt Strike for the KO.

Game two he opens Celebi but decides to drop Shaymin-EX before using Juniper. He once again drops Mewtwo-EX and Regigigas-EX, so I win this game in the same way I win the first game.

Top 2 vs Darkrai-EX/Tornadus-EX
Game one I'm able to set up double Eelektrik pretty quickly and get a Bolt Strike off to soften up his first Darkrai. From there, Terrakion is able to take 4 prizes and Bolt Strike + Catcher on Smeargle/Shaymin seals the game.

Game two I open lone Tynamo. He gets Torandus-EX + DCE but whiffs the Skyarrow Bridge so he Shaymins the DCE to Smeargle and Tail Raps. Heads heads....

Game three, I get off to a really rocky start. I'm unable to get any energy discarded for Eelektrik to accelerate, and I whiff on a Terrakion Retaliate two turns in a row. From there, he takes out all my Eelektriks and Tynamos. However, I have a fully charged Zekrom with Eviolite and I'm able to take one of his Darkrais out with that before he takes out my Eels. I get a Terrakion out the turn after my Eels go out and with a PlusPower, that removes all his Darkrai and Eviolite from the board. He's left with nothing and I'm able to Land Crush his Shaymin for a KO before he hits N + Mewtwo. I Land Crush the Mewtwo but he uses Potion and Junk Arms for Potion so it's like I didn't do anything. I Land Crush again, because I have nothing in my hand after his N. He can't do anything to prevent me taking my last prize next turn, so he scoops.

I pull nothing in my packs but it was fun anyway.

RE: 1st Place BRs

cool and congratz!!! may i know your energy count in your deck? i would like to add terrakion in my zekeel deck as well, yet it really hurts my consistency

Celebi23 said:
Round 1 vs ZekEel
Round 2 vs ZekEel
Round 3 vs ZekEel
Round 4 vs ZekEel
Round 5 vs ZekEel

Sounds like a good time. :p I never saw it anywhere in your report, but I'm gonna ask anyways. Do you run any Tornadus EX? I don't need an exact number (not that You'd tell me anyways) but just thought I'd ask. Good job on first place :)

I used to have it but if you start with it in mirror, it's basically an autoloss. The Mewtwo does almost the same thing but also has more uses, so I dropped it for one of those.

Why no Vileplume? If you add vileplume the decks power goes over the top.
Edit: Oh, and congratulations :p

Celebi23 said:
I used to have it but if you start with it in mirror, it's basically an autoloss. The Mewtwo does almost the same thing but also has more uses, so I dropped it for one of those.

ahhhhh that makes sense. It does suck to lose a game because you start with something.

I flashed back to nats of '09 (I think) when I read that you played 5 matches vs ZekEels. I played mirror vs Gengar 4 times at that tourney <__<. Although 5 matches out of 6 is ridiculous. Nice job on being better than all of them :)

Back