• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Rapid Tentacle (Malamar / Oricorio GX / Marshadow / Mew / Octillery / Cinccino)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
RAPID TENTACLE

malamar-256x256.png

Pokémon (24):
  • 1 Marshadow S6a (searches)
  • 4 Malamar S6R (beatdown)
  • 4 Inkay S6R (evolution)
  • 3 Octillery S6a (search)
  • 4 Remoraid S6 (evolve)
  • 1 Mew SM10 (protect)
  • 1 Oricorio GX (draw)
  • 3 Minccino (evole)
  • 3 Cinccino (draw)
Trainer (30):
  • 4 Korrina's Focus (draw)
  • 2 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 2 Mustard (draw)
  • 2 Bruno (draw)
  • 2 Ordinary Rod (retrieval)
  • 4 Fog Crystal (search)
  • 4 Great Ball (search)
  • 4 Level Ball (search)
  • 2 Pal Pad (retrieval)
  • 4 Tower of Water (retreat)
Energy (06):
  • 2 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Spiral Energy

STRATEGY:

The main idea of the deck is to have two Inkay and one Remoraid on the bench on the first turn. Next turn evolve Remoraid into Octillery to stabilize the deck. Search for Malamar and start to attack. Make sure to have an Inkay on the bench to stream attacks. Use Korrina’s Focus and Bruno to refill the hand and enable Malamar to knock out the defender in one hit. Cinccino and Oricorio GX act as additional draw engines. The deck functions similar to Galarian Mr. Rime but has an easier time to stream attacks.

SPOILER:

Malamar
Stage 1 Psychic Pokémon - evolves from Inkay (Rapid Strike)
HP: 120
[P] Rapid Tentacles: 40x
You may reveal as many Rapid Strike cards from you hand as you like. This attack does 40 damage times the number of cards you revealed. Then, shuffle those cards into your deck.
Retreat Cost: CCC
Weakness: D
Resistance: F

Inkay
Basic Psychic Pokémon (Rapid Strike)
HP: 50
[P] Spinning Attack: 20
Retreat Cost: C

Marshadow
Basic Psychic Pokémon (Rapid Strike)
HP: 80
[C] Rapid Hunt
Search your deck for 2 Rapid Strike cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C] Shadow Flicker: 10
During your next turn, if the defending Pokémon is knocked out, take 1 more prize card.
Retreat Cost: C

Fog Crystal
Trainer - Item
Search your deck for either a Basic [P] Pokémon or [P] energy, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Spiral Energy
Special Energy (Rapid Strike)
This card can only be attached to a Rapid Strike Pokémon. If this card is attached to anything other than a Rapid Strike Pokémon, discard this card.
As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, this card provides every type of energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. If this Pokémon is paralyzed, it is no longer paralyzed and cannot be paralyzed.

Last edited:

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Finally gave this deck a try! And I am in love with it as a single prize attacking deck. Towards the late game it can really take OHKOs but towards the early game you have to be satisfied with doing around 120-160 damage. Which is still a 2HKO

One big thing I would change from all list is getting rid of Boss's Orders. There wasn't a time when it was useful because every single time I NEEDED to draw cards with a supporter. It felt like blowns, where you need to play welder every turn and just smack what's in front of you. In the current format maybe adding a great catcher instead atm.

I'm going to enjoy this deck during the chilling reign format but I'm a little worried about post rotation because Oricorio GX I believe is the BIGGEST saving point. It turns 160 after draw support to 280 damage just from the ability.

yeah cool deck, recommend everyone give this a try. Our list are similar just different with the draw supporters and a few other things

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Finally gave this deck a try! And I am in love with it as a single prize attacking deck. Towards the late game it can really take OHKOs but towards the early game you have to be satisfied with doing around 120-160 damage. Which is still a 2HKO

One big thing I would change from all list is getting rid of Boss's Orders. There wasn't a time when it was useful because every single time I NEEDED to draw cards with a supporter. It felt like blowns, where you need to play welder every turn and just smack what's in front of you. In the current format maybe adding a great catcher instead atm.

I'm going to enjoy this deck during the chilling reign format but I'm a little worried about post rotation because Oricorio GX I believe is the BIGGEST saving point. It turns 160 after draw support to 280 damage just from the ability.

yeah cool deck, recommend everyone give this a try. Our list are similar just different with the draw supporters and a few other things

Had a similar experience after a few test runs with this deck. it does not look like much but in the mid to late game it is real consistent in terms of damage output. I replaced Boss's Orders with two copies of Prof. Research in the current list. Will make the modification in the list above too now.

Which draw supports other than the four Korrina's Focus do you use in your list?

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
After some fooling around, I settled down with 4 Lillie's full force and 2 Erika's along side 4 Korrina's.

Erika's is great late game and Lillie has great synergy with Malamar+Korrina as it is an absolute win in almost every situation.