~ Randomocity ~

NidoJosh

Fiat Lux
15abz7.jpg

Banner made by myself ^.^

.:Introduction:.

So basically, one day I was bored and felt like making a team, purely by the use of a random pokemon generator. With "Ubers" and "NFEs" unticked, I clicked the generate button and used the team that instantly appeared. I did not re-click or edit this team in any way, shape or form - I just stuck with the team. To be perfectly honest, I think I got lucky with a few pokemon ;)

My Objectives for this team:
- To be a valid and competitive team
- To use pokemon that I had never used before
- To make up some original movesets to fit the team
- To have fun and gain knowledge through the use of a completely random team

.:At a Glance:.
441.png
110.png
463.png
612.png
617.png
34.png

.:The Team:.

617.png

Accelgor (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Spikes
- U-turn

Accelgor was a very lucky inclusion. To be honest, I had never used this pokemon before, but she sure has been amazing for this team. Although her primary function is to lay down spikes, this Accelgor has stopped many pokemon right in their tracks due to it's powerful Bug Buzz or Focus Blast. The focus sash is used in order to help Accelgor last longer, due to it being very frail and would often die in one shot if not for the sash. EV's and nature are for obvious reasons, maximise speed and special attack

110.png

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Haze
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

I had NEVER ever ever used this guy in my life! Even in all of my Fire Red playthroughs, I never bothered with him, but truly, he has been amazing. Will-O-Wisp and Haze have been perfect for stopping physical sweepers right in their tracks. Easily stops Scizor and the likes and is perfect for switching in on all of the powerful fighting moves in the metagame. Flamethrower actually does some decent damage, and pain split is for a small recovery option.

612.png

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

Haxorus was one of my favourite inclusions into the team. She adds some massive power on my physical attacks side, and has saved me so many games with her late game sweeps. Even after just one Dragon Dance, she can let loose and tear through my opponent's team with powerful Outrages or other moves. I've been considering Dragon Claw, but I honestly prefer Outrage due to the raw power that it has.

34.png

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Ok now I knew this pokemon would cause some suspicion about the validity of this team, but honestly it was completely random! I was so happy to see Nidoking, due to as my name suggests, me loving them! Nidoking serves as a revenge killer and also a check to many threats in the metagame. He boasts the powerful BoltBeam combo, as well as having back up moves in Earth Power and Flamethrower. Earth Power provides a very powerful STAB option as well as a "Steel Killer" and Heatran check. Flamethrower helps to decimate those pokemon who resist or are immune to Earth Power such as Skarmory and provides a better means to taking down Scizor

441.png

Chatot (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Tangled Feet
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Electric]

This pokemon... proved to be the most difficult to use. With less than stellar stats, the only usable stat was its meager special attack. After having originally using the Nasty Plot set, I realised that Chatot was far too frail and slow to pull it off, almost always going down in an OHKO. After changing it up to a SubPlot set, it still wasn't working. So instead of using Smogon's moves.. I just went on PO and looked at all of its Special moves and just chose the best ones from there. By using a choice specs, Chatot gets some more immediate power and can start firing off attacks straight away. Often my opponents don't know how to react to a Chatot, but after a STAB Choice Specs Hyper Voice, they begin to appreciate it a bit more. Heat Wave and Hidden Power [Electric] are filler moves, but HP has come in handy many times.

463.png

Lickilicky (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Dragon Tail
- Wish

This is another edited version of my own. This Lickilicky Set really adds a lot to this team, and has easily made the path clearer for pokemon like Haxorus and Nidoking. I'd like to think this Lickilicky is one off a kind. By utilising Knock Off, the threat of eviolite pokemon, choice users as well as even LO Reuniculus are quickly helped. I would normally use a Knock Off/ Dragon Tail combo to shuffle through the opponents team and to knock off as many pokemon as possible. If I had more hazards, this technique would prove a lot more effective, but since this is random... I might use this strategy in the future on another team. Wish is to add much needed recovery to my team members, as well as Lickilicky herself, getting guaranteed recovery due to protect.

I was thinking about maybe dumping some EVs into attack? I actually do use her Dragon Tail and knock off quite a bit.. maybe some extra punch wouldn't be so bad? I don't know though

.:Threats:.

Naturally with a team that wasn't built from scratch, but was all random pokemon, certain threats are going to always occur. Here are just some of the major threats:

Volcarona: I don't have a true fix for this guy. Due to my team not having stealth rock available, Volcarona can get an easy switch in with out losing a big chunk of its health. My best bet is to try and dragon tail Volcarona away, and keep it from setting up.

Scizor: Scizor can be troublesome if not handled properly. My best bet is to try and burn with Wheezing, who can take his attacks pretty comfortably. In the case of SD Scizor, Haze is the best option in order to nullify his boosts

Politoed: With out a true Electric or Grass type, this guy can be troublesome. I honestly can't send in anything against a SpecsToed and he can be very hard to take down.

Terrakion: Whether he is Scarf'd or Band'd, he is always a handful. Once again Wheezing is my go to pokemon, being able to take his Close Combat's and then proceed to burn

.:Conclusion:.
In conclusion, it has been amazingly fun using this team. Having to draw up strategies and rolls from completely random pokemon was a great experience. I definitely think that I have learned some important skills through this experience, and have learned off strengths of pokemon that I had never even considered using before. I would highly recommend anyone to try out a randomly generated team and to test it out competitively.

I hope you enjoyed my RMT and I hope that I did these pokemon proud!

RE: Randomocity

~ Added in a small threats list
~ Added in possible changes for Lickilicky

I will appreciate any comments or suggestions guys!
Don't be shy :3

On Nidoking you're better off trading Shadow Ball for Flamethrower (Sheer Force boosts Flamethrower) and would give you perfect coverage, as well as your Scizor problem.

Also on Nidoking, you can give him Life Orb for more power, and he doesn't take damage from LO

Yeah I knew of the LO set.... but I don't think it fits as well.
Nidoking's speed really comes in handy when taking down threats that expect the LO set and think that they can outspeed him
I think I'll give the LO set a trial but I'm happy with how he is performing at the moment

This is a neat idea! I'll have to try it sometime :3

Kudos for posting this, I didn't know you were even into competitive battling! =O

I don't think this team could keep up with OU, however. Chatot might as well be dead weight, and it looks like if someone knocks out Lickilicky your whole team is vulnerable to a sweeper unless Nidoking manages to revenge kill it (Specifically Terrakion or Haxorus). I do think that you did a good job building this team considering the circumstance, though. =)

/me never noticed this RMT, sorry for a late reply

First off, well done on the presentation for the RMT, the colors work well and the banner is spectacular. Before a rate, I'd like to ask what you are you trying to accomplish with this RMT. Are you trying to make the team slightly better with small moveset edits, or are you wanting replacements/suggestions for certain team members for a completely competitive overhaul? I'd love to help make this team better while keeping that original spark. Although Chatot might have to go, in the long run. :p Again, great RMT, and I hope to help you with this team and others in the future.

I gotta agree with ShadowLugia, sorry I didn't post this earlier, but, it IS kind of hard to make an RMT based around a randomly generated team, as certain Pokemon will be required to be changed, and kinda ruins the originality :/

Hey sorry for not replying?
I've been on holidays for a while now!
Not much internet access :3

@ general

And yeah as you all pointed out. Chatot is very much dead weight. Honestly he is only useful initially with the surprise factor. But once they see how it works his use is very limited. Destroyed by almost any attack >.>

I guess what I wanted was to present my idea and the pokemon, but I would now like to add improvements to this team because I do have faith in some of my pokemon. I am very happy with how Lickilicky and Wheezing have been performing for me. And yeah as pointed out once Lickilicky is gone I am in trouble with sweepers.

@Spammy

Haha I love competitive battling (;
Been doing it for maybe two years on and off aha. I'm average at best :l

Glad you like my idea of a team ^.^

@ShadowLugia

Thanks for the comments on my layout! I really appreciate it!
I'm open to your suggestions and would love to hear them!

@ Equinox
Yeah I guess it ruins the originality of the team but the people I verse on OU probably wouldn't care if it was randomly generated anyway (;

Thanks for the positive comments as well guys!
Once again sorry for the late reply.

Back