"Random Pokemon card lots" on eBay?

Typically I would avoid them, however, I had good experience on there very recently. I ordered a "random" lot of 100 trainers. Description was: NM-M Cards, there MAY be duplicates, and you may receive cards from all expansion sets, etc. (he also guaranteed one holo and one rare trainer)
I received about 15 of the same card for multiple cards, and a couple of cards were in horrible condition. However, I received about 105 cards, not 100. Here's the good part: I contacted the seller, complaining about the order. He was very polite and he offered to send me another lot of 100 random trainers to make up for it, and he promised the lot would be almost all unique / individual trainers without any repeats.
All in all, it depends on the seller. I have ordered from eBay lots of times for random pokemon card lots. I ended up getting over 200 trainers for less than $10 from that seller. There are some very generous people who aim to make a name for their personal business, and others who will send you horrible, cheap cards and provide no contact or service whatsoever. All in all, it's a gamble when ordering from ebay
I'm not going to encourage you to use ebay for random lots, on the basis of I don't want to be blamed when something bad DOES happen, however,
you could really be surprised at how many honest sellers there are.

Back