Activity Random Battles Tournament ~ Finals Up!

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Welcome to the second PokéBeach VG tourney!

This tournament is really simple––all matches are going to be played as Random Battles on Pokémon Showdown. Every time you play, your team will be different! No prior VG knowledge is needed to play in this tournament––just click Random Battle and you’re good to go! All matches are best-of-three sets.

Pairings will be done in Challonge, and the tournament will be single-elimination, meaning the loser of each match will be eliminated. When reporting the results of your match, please provide replays to ensure that everything is truthful.

Sign-ups will end once 16 players sign up, or if that number isn’t reached, on 12/27/2016 at 9:00 pm PST.
1) PikaMasterJesi
2) Professor Palutena
3) Jake_Silberman
4) Juliacoolo
5) scattered mind
6) double o squirtle
7) quakingpunch73
8) Celever
9) NinjaPenguin
10) Blakers
11) PMJ
12) Equinox
13)Come sign up––it’ll be fun!
17) Vracken

Thank you all, and I hope you enjoy this tournament!

Last edited:
I would like to sign up, but I am going away for a week in Jan, so I might have to drop. You can put me down to make up spaces if you want someone for that though

In, but since I'm going on vacation the 29th, my match would have to be early.

In. Challenge Cup 1v1 is my favorite format!
This isn't Challenge Cup 1v1 unfortunately; it's a standard random battles tournament. That's why I told Jesi challenge cup is a different tier to what this tournament is in my post, but I'm gonna go ahead and change the title myself now too. :p

....but, you know challenge cup is a different tier to randbats, right? :p
I thought those were what random battles used to go as on PB though, hence why I used the name. Sorry about that! >_<"

I would like to sign up, but I am going away for a week in Jan, so I might have to drop. You can put me down to make up spaces if you want someone for that though
I can put you down as a 17th player. That way, if/when we hit 16 and someone has to sub out, we can put you in in their place.

I told Jesi to use Challenge Cup because that's what we called Random Battle tournaments years ago.
I distinctly remember a random battles tournament a couple years ago (before the site update) which wasn't called Challenge Cup, so I think we'd moved past it, anyway. Plus, that was probably legit challenge cup, because random battles was only created around 4-5 years ago! :p

Yea, it is fine Jesi, though I still wont be here during the almost first week of January ^w^

always down for randbats

Pairings for Round 1 are now up!

Since we only got twelve players, the bracket's a little wonky. Only four matches will be playing in Round 1––four of you will have byes.

Here's a link to the bracket. I'll also type out the pairings below:

@scattered mind vs. @Jake_Silberman
@PikaMasterJesi vs. @Blakers
@Juliacoolo vs. @PMJ
@quakingpunch73 vs. @double o squirtle

@NinjaPenguin, @Professor Palutena, @Equinox, and @Celever all have byes. Enjoy them, I guess. :p

Round 1 will end on January 1, 2017 at 9:00 pm PST. Good luck in your matches!

Back