TCG Fakes Rakkis157's TCG Set - Weathered Runes

Rakkis157

Aspiring Trainer
Welcome!

This thread will be dedicated towards my custom TCG set, Weathered Runes. The set will be themed around Hoenn, and will introduce a new mechanic in the form of Legendary Pokemon. I do not have an expected list of cards that will be in the set yet, but I should have one up by the Sunday after next (It's already Sunday my time at the time of this post).

Set List:

???. Kyogre
???. Groudon
???. Rayquaza

Last edited:
A note about the mechanic:

Legendary Pokemon are not Basic Pokemon. Instead, they are more similar to Ritual Summon Creatures from Yu-Gi-Oh, powerful pokemon which require you to perform certain rituals in order to play them. They give up 2 Prize Cards, and to compensate for how difficult and risky they are to play, these Pokemon can have huge amounts of power.

Kyogre - 200 HP [W]
(Legendary Pokemon)

You may only play this card from your hand by shuffling 9 [W] Energy Cards from your Discard Pile into your deck. If this Pokemon is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Ability: Downpour
When you play this card from your hand, search your deck for 2 [W] Energy Cards and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

[W] Aqua Snipe

Choose one of your opponent's Pokemon and move any number of [W] Energy from Kyogre to one of you Benched Pokemon. This attack does 20 damage for each [W] Energy you move.

[W][W][W][W] Water Spout 180-

This attack does 180 damage minus 10 damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 4

Last edited:
That Kyogre does not look neither risky nor difficult to play for me, really. Good thing it attacks and ability are booty.

That Kyogre does not look neither risky nor difficult to play for me, really. Good thing it attacks and ability are booty.
I agree with this. You simply need two Battle Compressor to get it out. However, the first ability is very, very powerful - even for a Pokemon like this.

I agree with this. You simply need two Battle Compressor to get it out. However, the first ability is very, very powerful - even for a Pokemon like this.

Fair enough. I was hesitating to make them too hard to play, but then again, I can always compensate for it with more support. Anyways, I'm bumping the requirements up, but also increasing its power slightly. Anyways, the theme I had going on was Energy Acceleration for Kyogre, and as for Groudon:

Groudon - 200 HP [F]
(Legendary Pokemon)

You may only play this card from your hand by shuffling 8 [F] Energy from your Discard Pile into your Deck. If this Pokemon is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Ability: Drought
When you play this card from your hand, shuffle an Energy Card attached to one of your Pokemon into your deck. Then, choose 2 Energy Card attached to a Pokemon in play. It's owner shuffles those Energy Cards into his or her Deck.

[F][C][C] Magma Claws 60+

If the defending Pokemon's Weakness is [R], this attack does 60 more damage

[F][F][C][C] Land Reform 150

You may discard your hand. If you do, your opponent discards his or her hand. Then, both players look at the top 3 cards of his or her deck, choose one of them and put it into his or her hand, and discards the rest.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 4

Last edited:
Bronzong - 90 HP [M]
(Stage 1 - Evolves from Bronzor)

Ability: Bell of Ceremony
Once a turn (before your attack), you may look at the top 7 cards of your deck. You may discard any number of Basic Energy Cards you find there. Shuffle all other cards back into your deck.

[M][C][C] Iron Crash 60+

If this Pokemon's Retreat Cost is higher than that of the Defending Pokemon, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [G] -20
Retreat Cost: 3

Unown S - 60 HP [P]
(Basic)

[P] Endless Swarm 10x

This attack does 20 damage times the number of Unown you have in play.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 1

Unown D - 60 HP [P]
(Basic)

Ability: Defend
Once a turn (before your attack), you may discard all cards attached to Unown D and attach it to your active Pokemon. That Pokemon's HP is increased by 10 for each Unown you have in play. (While attached to another Pokemon, this card still counts as an Unown in play).

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 1

Back