TCG Fakes Rainyman123's Text-Based Fakes: Phantom Realms (Finished)!

Nyora

A Cat
Hiya! This is my first text-based set, so I hope you guys like it! I have a TON of the cards for the set, but I'll only be revealing a bit at a time, and yes, I DO accept requests. Also, there is a new mechanic, and very interesting attacks and even some patterns or interesting things in cards you might notice. Well, I should stop blabbering, so here's the first three: (Not in order!)
Banette EX 170 HP Psychic
Basic Pokemon

[P] Shadow Sneak- 40 Damage
If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn. This attacks damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[P][P][P] Hex 80+ Damage
If the Defending Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition, this attack does 60 more damage

When a Pokemon EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes two prize cards.

Weakness: Darkness x2
Resistance: Fighting -20
Retreat: 2
M Bannette EX 210 HP psychic
Mega Evolution- evolves from Banette EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokemon, your turn ends.

[P][P][P] Cursed Claw
Put 8 damage counters on the Defending Pokemon. If the Defending Pokemon already has damage counters on it, put 5 more damage counters on the Defending Pokemon and put 4 damage counters on any of your opponents Pokemon in any way you like.

When a Pokemon EX is Knocked Out, you opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Retreat: 0
Herdier HP 80 Colorless
Stage 1 - evolves from Lillipup

[C] Ascension
Search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokemon and put it onto this Pokemon. (This counts as evolving this Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterwards.
[C][C] Tackle 30

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: none
Hope you like em! More coming soon! Also, I would like to know your thoughts on how competitive the Pokemon would be and your thoughts in general!

EDIT: I need Artists now! Someone who is experienced with Image card faking who can help me make the set LOOK beautiful. If anyone wants too shoot me a PM. An important thing to know is that if anyone wants to do this that 1: The thread name will be changed to Rainyman123 and (whoever)'s Text Based Fakes - Phantom Realms! and 2: the artist will have all the glory of knowing they faked a great card in collaboration with somebody else. :)

Last edited:
Hiya! This is my first text-based set, so I hope you guys like it! I have a TON of the cards for the set, but I'll only be revealing a bit at a time, and yes, I DO except requests. Also, there is no new mechanics or anything, but very interesting attacks and even some patterns or interesting things in cards you might notice. Well, I should stop blabbering, so here's the first three: (Not in order!)
Banette EX 170 HP Psychic
Basic Pokemon

[P] Shadow Sneak- 40 Damage
If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn. This attacks damage isn't affected by weakness or resistance.

[P][P][P] Hex 80+ Damage
If the defending Pokemon is affected by a special condition, this attack does 60 more damage

When a Pokemon EX is knocked out, your opponent takes two prize cards.

M Bannette EX 210 HP psychic
Mega Evolution- evolves from Banette EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokemon, your turn ends.

[P][P][P] Cursed Claw
Put 8 damage counters on the defending Pokemon. If the defending Pokemon already has damage counters on it, put 5 more damage counters on the defending Pokemon and put 4 damage counters on any of your opponents Pokemon in any way you like.

When a Pokemon EX is knocked out, you opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Herdier HP 80 Colorless
Stage 1 - evolves from Lillipup

[C] Ascension
Search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokemon and put it onto this Pokemon. (This counts as evolving this Pokemon.)
[C][C] Tackle 30

Hope you like em! More coming soon! Also, I would like to know your thoughts on how competitive the Pokemon would be and your thoughts in general!
Nice M Banette, it's got a cool attack that's also balanced with the attack cost. :) You might want to check this guide over here for wording errors. Words like Defending, Knocked Out, Weakness and Resistance are always capitalised.

Nice M Banette, it's got a cool attack that's also balanced with the attack cost. :) You might want to check this guide over here for wording errors. Words like Defending, Knocked Out, Weakness and Resistance are always capitalised.
Thanks man! I don't want any errors! Btw, M Banette-EX in the set will also have a partner in the set to make it more useful. :)
Updated!
Purrloin HP 60 Dark
Basic Pokemon

[D] Knock Off 10
Flip a coin. If heads, discard a random card from your opponent's hand without looking.

Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: 1
Liepard HP 90 Dark
Stage 1 - evolves from Purrloin

[D] Silent Strike
This attack does 40 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[D][D] Mach Claw 70
This attacks damage isn't affected by Resistance.

Dedenne HP 60 Electric
Basic Pokemon

/Ability/ - Electric Restorer
Once during your turn, you may put a basic [L] card from your discard pile into your hand.

[L][L] Thunderbolt 60
Discard all [L] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Resistance: Metal -20
Litwick HP 50 Psychic
Basic Pokemon

/Ability/ - Relight
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is in your discard pile, you may put this Pokemon from your discard pile into your hand.

[P] Tackle 10

Lampent HP 80 Psychic
Stage 1 - Evolves from Litwick

[P] Spook Burn 10
You may either discard a card from your opponents hand or affect the defending Pokemon with the Burn Special Condition.
[P][P] Spook Pulse 30

Weakness: Darkness X2
Chandelure HP 130 Psychic/Fire
Stage 2- evolves from Lampent

[P] Hex Burner 20
The Defending Pokemon is now Burned. If before this Pokemon used this attack the defending Pokemon was already Burned, put 5 damage counters instead of 2 on that Pokemon in between turns.
[P][C][C] Bursting Curse
Put 10 damage counters on your opponents Pokemon in any way you like. Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Lillipup HP 60 Colorless
Basic Pokemon

[C] Ascension
Search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokemon and put it onto this Pokemon. (This counts as evolving this Pokemon.)

Resistance: None
Dual Ball - Trainer - Item
ITEM Rule

Search your deck for a Dual-type Pokemon and put it into your hand. Shuffle you deck afterwards.
Ponyta HP 60 Fire
Basic Pokemon

[R] Quick Charge 30
You can only use this attack if you went first. You can use this attack on the first turn and you can only use this attack on the first turn of the game.

[R][C][C] Live Coal 30

Weakness: Water x2
Rapidash HP 90 Fire
Stage 1 - evolves from Ponyta

[R] Raid 30+
If this Pokemon evolved from Ponyta this turn, this attack does 30 more damage.

[R][R] Flame Rush 110
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon.

banette

Last edited:
Here is some new cards as well as the new Mechanic! (Not necessarily new but I'm putting it on Pokemon and Energy too)
It is ACE cards! Some Pokemon will be ACE cards too, but the ACE is excluded from the name, as shown in parentheses, and you can only run 1 in your deck! For example, Gyarados can evolve from Magikarp (ACE) because the ACE is not part of its name. It's included there so that you know it's an ACE card.
Magikarp (ACE) HP 50 Water
Basic Pokemon

You can only have 1 ACE card in your deck.

/Ability/ - Worthless
When this Pokemon would be knocked out by Damage from an opponent's attack, your opponent takes 1 less Prize Card.

[W] Life-Saver Splash 30
Put all Pokemon and Basic Energy cards from your discard pile into your hand.

Weakness: Electric x2
Gyarados HP 130 Water
Stage 1 - Evolves from Magikarp

/Ability/ - Beginning Memories
This Pokemon can use the attacks of each of your Magikarp in play. (This Pokemon still needs the necessary Energy to use the attack.

[W][W][C][C] Howling Rampage 110

Weakness: Electric x2
Retreat: 3
Eevee HP 50 Colorless
Basic Pokemon

[C] Tackle 20

Abra HP 40 Psychic

/Ability/ - Burst Evolution
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your bench, you may switch this Pokemon with your active Pokemon. Then, if the Pokemon you switched with has 3 Basic Energy attached to it, you may move those energy to this Pokemon and search your deck for an Alakazam and put it onto this Pokemon. This counts as evolution. Then, your turn ends.

Weakness: Psychic x2
Kadabra HP 80 Psychic
Stage 1 - evolves from Abra

[P] Psychic 10+
This attack does 10 more damage fro each Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.
[P][P] Psyblast 40

Alakazam HP 110 Psychic
Stage 2 - evolves from Kadabra

[C][C] X Ball 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to this Pokemon and the Defending Pokemon.

[P][P][C] Psydrive 120
Discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Pokemon GO (ACE) - Trainer - Item
You can play as many Item cards during your turn as you like.

Search your deck for as many item cards as you like that have Potion or Ball in the name and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Shining Potion (ACE) - Trainer - Item
You can play as many Item cards as you like during your turn.

You can have only 1 ACE card in your deck.

Heal all damage from 1 of your Pokemon BREAK.
Powerful Energy
Special Energy

This card provides any type of energy but only 1 type of energy at a time. The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to have no effect other than doing damage (except discarding Energy attached to the Pokemon) but the attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to deal 40 more damage. (Before applying Weakness and Resistance.)
Bronzor HP 50 steel
Basic Pokemon

[M] Hide
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of opponents Attacks, including Damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponents next turn.

Weakness: Fire x2
Bronzong HP 100 Steel
Stage 1- evolves from Bronzor

[C][C] ACE Bell
Put an ACE card and 1 other card from your discard pile into your hand.

[C][C] Ultra Recharger
You can only use this attack if you have already used a GX move this game. You may use one more GX move this game. You can use Ultra recharger only once per game on any of your Pokemon.

Last edited:
Wow! I am loving your Kadabra and Alakazam cards, they are fantastic! Abra's good too, but it would have been nice to an attack that did at least 10 damage. Other than that, beautifully done with no errors. Keep up the good work.

Reason for edit: accidentally misspelled one or two words.

Here's some interesting cards :|
Ability Medicine - Trainer - Item
You can play as many Item card during your turn as you like.

During your opponents next turn, if any of your Pokemon with Abilities would be knocked out by damage from an opponents attack, flip a coin, if heads, your opponents takes 1 less prize card.
Jellicent HP 100 Water
Stage 1 - evolves from Frillish

/Ability/ - Jelli Shield
Prevent all affects of attacks, excluding damage, done to your Pokémon from your opponents Pokemon done to your Pokemon that have any [W] Energy attached to it.

[W][C][C] Jelli Beam 120
During your next turn, this pokemon's Jelli Beam attack base damage is 60.

Weakness: Grass x2
Frillish HP 70 Water
Basic Pokemon

[W] Water Gun 10

[W][C] Jelli Evolution
Search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from this Pokemon and put it onto this Pokemon.
Shuffl your deck afterwards.

Corsola HP 80 Water/Fighting
Basic Pokemon

/Ability/ - Regenerator
Whenever 1 of your Pokémon becomes a benched Pokémon, heal 10 damage from that Pokémon.

[W][C] Hydro Tumble 20+
This attack does 10 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to each Pokemon in play.

Charizard HP 150 Fire
Stage 2 - evolves from Charmeleon

[R] Flame Call
Search your deck for 3 [R] Pokemon and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[R][C][C] Flame Crusade
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage times the number of your [R] Pokemon in play to 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This Pokemon can't Attack or Retreat during your next turn.

Charmeleon HP 90 Fire
Stage 1 - evolves from Charmander

[R] Flare 20

[R][R] Rip Claw 30
Flip a coin. If heads, discard a Basic Energy card attached to the defending Pokemon.

Charmander HP 60 Fire
Basic Pokemon

[R] Flare 10

[R][C] Ember 30
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Last edited:
A few things you might wanna change. For Charizard's Flame Call and Frillish's Jelli Evolve you want to state that you need to shuffle your deck afterwards. For Jellicent you might wanna make it only benched Pokémon, as it would be OP if your active Pokémon was immune to everything.

A few things you might wanna change. For Charizard's Flame Call and Frillish's Jelli Evolve you want to state that you need to shuffle your deck afterwards. For Jellicent you might wanna make it only benched Pokémon, as it would be OP if your active Pokémon was immune to everything.
Thanks Man! I thought there mighta been something too OP, and thanks for the help on Charizard + Frillish!

With Ascension, you should add "Shuffle your deck afterward." right after "(This counts as evolving this Pokemon.") Take Phantump for example:
111605_200w.jpg

Anyways, Dedenne has an attack for [L][L] that does 90. That's pretty OP for a Dedenne. You might want to change it to [L][L][L] for 60, because Dedenne isn't too strong and I couldn't see it doing more than 60, but that's just my too cents ;p

Adding my two cents on some of the tougher wording things;

Regenerator should be worded as:

Whenever 1 of becomes an Active Pokémon, heal 10 damage from that Pokémon.
Forretress Neo Destiny is the best reference and although odd, I think it's a pretty good wording for XY when looking at the Spirit Links.

Flame Crusade should be worded as: [Reference: Goodra AOR, M Beedrill-EX, Carvanah Rising Rivals]

Discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon for each [R] Pokémon you have in play. This Pokémon can't attack or retreat during your next turn.​

Also 'one' should be written numerically as '1', as for all numbers; and 'defending' and 'knocked out' should be captilised as 'Defending' and 'Knocked Out'.

Also, I request an Ariados! I'm looking for something that is very flavourful and interesting, and takes inspiration from one of it's dex entries. ^_^

Yeah, I did, it's supposed to be like Magearna-EX, right?
Also, nice cards! Some are a tad bit overpowered, IMO, but overall they are pretty balanced and I really like Mega Banette's attack. Keep up the good work!:D
Oh right, requests...maybe a Mega Sableye?

Adding my two cents on some of the tougher wording things;

Regenerator should be worded as:

Whenever 1 of becomes an Active Pokémon, heal 10 damage from that Pokémon.
Forretress Neo Destiny is the best reference and although odd, I think it's a pretty good wording for XY when looking at the Spirit Links.

Flame Crusade should be worded as: [Reference: Goodra AOR, M Beedrill-EX, Carvanah Rising Rivals]

Discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon for each [R] Pokémon you have in play. This Pokémon can't attack or retreat during your next turn.​

Also 'one' should be written numerically as '1', as for all numbers; and 'defending' and 'knocked out' should be captilised as 'Defending' and 'Knocked Out'.

Also, I request an Ariados! I'm looking for something that is very flavourful and interesting, and takes inspiration from one of it's dex entries. ^_^

Yeah, I did, it's supposed to be like Magearna-EX, right?
Also, nice cards! Some are a tad bit overpowered, IMO, but overall they are pretty balanced and I really like Mega Banette's attack. Keep up the good work!:D
Oh right, requests...maybe a Mega Sableye?

K guys, requests should be up tomorrow!
EDIT: Eevee's Evolutions should also be up tomorrow! Maybe 2-3 three of them? Sorry! I have other plans!

Last edited:
Heeheehere are the Requests @丅ᗴᗰᑭᗴᔕ丅 @bbninjas
Sableye-EX HP 160 Dark
Basic Pokemon

[D] Jewel Cover
Attach a Basic Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon.

[D][D] Jewel Blow 50+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 50 more damage.

When a Pokémon-EX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 prize cards.

Weakness: None
M Sableye-EX HP 220 Dark
Mega Evolution - Evolves from Sableye-EX

When 1 of your Pokémon becomes this Pokémon, your turn ends.

[D][D][D] Diamond Blaster 100+
This attack does 40 more damage for each Basic Energy attached to the defending Pokémon.

When a Pokémon-EX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 prize cards.

Ariados HP 70 Grass
Stage 1 - Evoves from Spinarak

/Ability/ - Special String
Whenever your opponent puts a Basic Pokémon from his or her hand onto his or her bench, you may use this ability. The defending Pokémon can't retreat until the end of their turn. This ability can only be used during your opponent's turn.

[G] String Tracker 30
You may switch the defending Pokémon with 1 of your opponent's benched Pokémon with no damage counters on it. This attack does 30 damage to the new active Pokémon. Then, your opponent's reveals his or her hand. Put any number of Basic Pokemon you find there onto your opponent's bench. This attack does 30 damage to each of them. If any of your opponent's Pokémon would be knocked out by damage from this attack, this Pokémon can't attack during your next turn.

Sorry, there was a delay, eeveelution might not come till tomorrow or late tonight.

Last edited:
Cool! I like Mega Sableye's attack, although with Sableye-EX's HP I thought the Mega's HP would be more like 210 or 200–Beedrill-EX also has 160 HP but his Mega has only 200.
Also, in Ariados's ability, I think it would be "The defending Pokemon can't retreat until the end of your opponent's next turn." Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (I'm rather new to Pokemon :D).

Cool! I like Mega Sableye's attack, although with Sableye-EX's HP I thought the Mega's HP would be more like 210 or 200–Beedrill-EX also has 160 HP but his Mega has only 200.
Also, in Ariados's ability, I think it would be "The defending Pokemon can't retreat until the end of your opponent's next turn." Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (I'm rather new to Pokemon :D).
Well I gave The Mega More HP because Mega Sebkeye gains a LOT of defense upon Mega Evolving in the game, so I felt he should get a bit more hp than like beedrill to mega bedrill. Also, I said until the end of their turn because the ability can only activate on trainer turn.

Well I gave The Mega More HP because Mega Sebkeye gains a LOT of defense upon Mega Evolving in the game, so I felt he should get a bit more hp than like beedrill to mega bedrill. Also, I said until the end of their turn because the ability can only activate on trainer turn.
Ah, okay. Thanks!

Nice Ariados! I see you've tried quite hard to make it interesting and unique, which is pretty cool. I particularly like Special String, although I do feel like it should only activate when Ariados is Active for balancing reasons. String Tracker is nice, but a little complicated and powerful. I'd recommend knocking the energy cost to [G][C], which basically fixes the streaming problems. The last clause of the effect is overly complex and it's better to just add a [C] cost or drop the damage down instead. Remember that once you fill up the Bench, you can't do any more extra damage. :p

Another thing that I really like about the Ariados is that it has synergy between the two attacks. Special String restricts your opponent's retreat and then String Tracker allows you to mess with it. The flavour is also great, and its obvious that you used the dex entries. ^.^

Regarding wording, just make sure you captilise 'Bench', 'Defending', 'Knocked Out' and 'Ability'.

I know I haven't been active :(
Mr. Mime HP 70 Fairy
Basic Pokemon

/Ability/ - Fairy Shield
All damage done to your [Y] Pokemon by your oppponent's [N] Pokemon is reduced by 20. (Before applying Weakness and Resistance) Only 1 Fairy Shield ability may be active at a time.

[Y][C] Fairy Slap 20+
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 more damage for each heads.

Weakness: Metal x2
Resistance: Darkness -20
??? - Trainer - Item
You can play as many Item cards during your turn as you like. (Before you attack)

Choose 1:

- Discard your hand.
- Search your deck for up to 2 cards and discard them. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
- Choose a card from your opponent's hand without looking and discard it.
- Discard 1 of your Pokémon and all cards attached to it.
- Your opponent takes a prize card.
- Draw a card.
- Your opponent can't play any ACE cards until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Until the end of your opponent's next turn, your Pokémon can't attack.
Portal Seeker - Trainer - Supporter
You can only play 1 Supporter card during your turn.

Search your deck for a 2-sided Stadium card and put it into play. (Discard any other Stadium cards in play.) Until the end of your opponent's next turn, that card cannot be discarded or replaced by another stadium card.
Rotom HP 70 Electric
Basic Pokémon

é Electric Mischief
Your opponent reveals his or her hand. Then, flip 3 coins. For each heads, choose a card in your opponent's hand and discard it.

é[C] Hit-And-Run 40
Put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

First-Class Ticket ACE- Trainer - Item
You can play as many Item cards during your turn as you like. (Before you attack)

During this turn, your Pokémon can attack on the first turn.
EDIT: There will be more cards like ??? in the set!

Last edited:
Back