• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rainbow Road Remix

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Pirates love the title of this deck, since it shortens down to RRR ;)

Okay, sorry, that pun was bad even by my standards. Anyways, here's my Rainbow Road variant. I'm sure folks have seen a million and one varieties of it, but hey, here's another.

This deck has come first place in two consecutive League Challenges, with the most recent one having each round be 2-0.

Note: I submitted a list for this deck before, but it's gone through changes. Also, I can't find the thread, even though I'm certain I posted it (I searched, looked at my post history, everything). If it does come up, and one of them needs to be deleted, scarp the other one please.

Pokémon: 17
4x Xerneas BKT
2x Pawniard STS
2x Bisharp STS
2x Shaymin-EX ROS
1x Joltik STS
1x Galvantula STS
1x Carbink FCL (50/124)
1x Jirachi XY67
1x Volcanion-EX STS
1x Hoopa-EX AOR
1x Mew-EX LTR

Stadiums: 3
3x Sky Field

Items: 13
4x Max Elixir
4x Ultra Ball
4x VS Seeker
1x Super Rod

Tools: 3
2x Float Stone
1x Fighting Fury Belt (My copy is in French)

Supporters: 12
4x Professor Sycamore
2x Brigette
2x Lysandre
2x N (BW100 print specifically)
1x Hex Maniac
1x Pokémon Ranger

Energy: 12
8x Fairy Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Alrighty, so, now that the list is there, I'll explain a few of my choices.

I run a hybrid EX/non-EX variant. My EXs all have a purpose, too! Volcanion is for the dual-typing, Shaymin is for Shaymin (because Shaymin, right?), Mew is essentially a fifth attacker/Psychic weakness exploiter, and Hoopa is there to grab all of those goodies.

For non-EX Pokémon, I run a 2-2 line of Pawniard and Bisharp because in a mirror match, Bisharp's Retaliate can do 180 damage to Xerneas due to weakness. Joltik and Galvantula are a 1-1 because while there's the possibility of sniping two Shaymin at once, that opportunity seldom presents itself to me. It did, however, help me stop a Greninja BREAK deck from going off at the first LC I played it in, by sniping two Froakies. Carbink (the Uncommon one, that has Safeguard and better art) is a stall tactic, plain and simply, along with being an extra type. It helped me set up during Round 2 of the second LC I played it in. Lastly, Stardust Jirachi is in my list to stall and disrupt. It's a back-up plan, honestly. I like to be redundant with my plans.

Also, for those curious about my Max Elixir hits, I get an Energy about... 66% of the time, if I had to hazard a guess. It's consistent enough that I continue playing it as a playset.

I'd love to hear some feedback! I like my deck the way it is, but if someone gives me a neat idea or tip, I would appreciate it and consider it!

Thank you for your time,
Mikey

Not a bad list. I've just got a few suggestions.

Why the one FFB? I know that Galvantula and Bisharp are Stage 1, but because Xerneas has a fairly expensive attack cost and only 120 HP, I find that it needs that extra HP. Because this deck requires so many Pokemon, I often have two or three in my hand at a time, so when I get a Sycamore and I really need certain cards, those Pokemon often end up in the discard. So I swapped a Sycamore for an N. Of course, this does mean that it's a little harder to get resources so if you want to keep the fourth Sycamore, you could swap the Super Rod for Brock. I actually run 3 Max Elixir in my list and I hit it pretty consistently (with only 7 energies) so I think you could probably afford to drop either an energy or Max Elixir. Have you considered Zoroark? It makes for a great pivot/back up attacker and it comes in handy against Ray.

Hope this helps!

Like your deck list! Maybe 1 more super rod or Brock's grits? (They're pretty good) Also I don't know about you but my version plays Huntail PRC and Parasect GEN. It's a nice combo if you can get it setup.

I'm digging this list a lot! I also love the French Fighting Fury Belt! Typically I come with more suggestions, but I find this list solid. The only thing I think you can get away with is perhaps dropping down to 7 Fairy Energy and either adding a second Fighting Fury Belt or maybe a EXP. Share. That way, if your opponent sets up faster or something unexpected happens to a front Xerneas, you have another option. Very good otherwise!

My list is pretty similar. I finished 1st of 36 in Swiss for the masters with a record of 5-1. After that the top 8 went on to single elimination and I ended up as a semifinalist losing to M Mewtwo. Same person who beat me in round two. The next day I finished 4th (misplay cost me 1st) with a record of 3-1-1. Over the weekend I finished 9-2-1 and earned 25 Championship Points. My list was kind of like this.
2-2 Joltik
1-1 Pawniard
2 Shaymin
1 Volcanion EX
1 Mew
1 Carbink (Safeguard)

6 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless

3 Sycamore
3 N
1 Lysandre
1 Teammates
1 Karren

3 Sky Field
1 Parallel City
Typical Items, but only 3 VS Seekers and 3 Max Elixir.

I ran for tools 2 Fighting Fury Belts 2 Float Stones and 2 Exp. Share.

Hope this helped.

Okay, lots of replies in this one post. Thanks for all the feedback, by the by! Really appreciate it! Now for the quoting.

Why the one FFB?
Mainly because every list for RR I saw only ran one, and I also only have my one copy.

you could swap the Super Rod for Brock.
I've been considering that ever since I saw it, actually. I think I'll test that at some point.

I actually run 3 Max Elixir
Another thing I've considered, but I do like consistently seeing mine early on.

Have you considered Zoroark?
Yes, but I couldn't find any copies of it. Also, I wanna focus my deck, in lieu of having multiple attack options. Good suggestion, though!

Also I don't know about you but my version plays Huntail PRC and Parasect GEN. It's a nice combo if you can get it setup.
I like the idea, but I can't make the room for either of these. My only evolutions are specifically for their dual-typing.

I'm digging this list a lot! I also love the French Fighting Fury Belt!
Thank you! :D

The only thing I think you can get away with is perhaps dropping down to 7 Fairy Energy and either adding a second Fighting Fury Belt or maybe a EXP. Share.
I've been considering either cutting down to 7, or, swapping a Max Elixir for an EXP Share. I've gotta do testing before I decide, though.

Not too shabby! I also dig the Karen tech. I'll put it on my testing list.

Back