Ruling rainbow energy qwestion

Laaver

Official pokebeach poison gym leader!
i have two rainbow energys one from legend maker one from R VS S
if i attach the one from LM to my dark pokemon does it do an extra 10 damage? or does that work only for the R VS S or neither?

how sher because they both say different things the LM says has no other effect exept providing energy AND R VS S dosint.
oh and wat about dark and metal energy

An energy will only provide an effect if the card speciffically says so. Dark & Metal won't provide any special bonus, so as Rainbow Energy. And the LM one just say so because many ppl were confused about the extra damage or defense question.

why does everybody think that
rainbow is every TYPE of energy, not the effect of every special energy.
and that also goes for scramble

Whenever a newer version of a card is released, the older version follows the same rules as the new version. For example, Neo: Genesis Metal and Darkness Energy play the same as EX: LM Metal and Darkness Energy. Same thing goes with Rainbow Energy. It plays like the newest version (place 1 damage counter, not 10 damage). Mysterious Fossil, even the one from the Fossil set, has 50 HP, regardless of what HP it says to use. EXP. ALL can't be attached to a Pokémon-ex, and Here Comes Team Rocket! plays as a supporter.

Rainbow Energy provides every single type of energy all at once, but only fulfills 1 energy requirement at any given time, and does not have any other effects than merely providing energy. Scramble Energy is the same way, except it fulfills 3 energy requirements, and only works when your are behind on prizes. It also can't be attached to a Pokémon-ex or a basic Pokémon.

Hope this clears things up.

you'll need the actual Darkness or R energy to provite the +10 for Darkness Pokemon. Rainbow and Multi only fulfill the energy requirement.

Back