Raichu Variants

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
This thread is used for all competitive discussion on Raichu / Sky Field Variants, not including a Raichu line teched into other decks. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, post in the Deck Garage.

Articles for Raichu / Sky Field Variants:

Andrew Mahone's "Raichu Rising"

Raichu / Ninetales Skeleton List:

Pokemon:
  • 4 Raichu XY
  • 4 Pikachu XY
  • 3 Shaymin-EX (ROS
  • 2 Ninetales PRC
  • 2 Vulpix PRC
  • 1 Exeggcute PLF
Trainers: 33
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Sky Field
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Basic Energy
Open Slots: 6

Strategy:
This deck is very straightforward. You attempt to breeze through your deck with cards such as Shaymin-EX and Trainers' Mail, getting Sky Field and enough Benched Pokemon to deal 180 damage with Raichu's Circle Circuit (along with a Muscle Band). Ninetales PRC is in the deck as a way to lock in Sky Field, keeping Raichu's damage output high. Threat-wise, Raichu and Ninetales are both Stage 1 Pokemon with 90HP, making them easy to Knock Out. The deck's main threat is non-EX Pokemon that can Knock Out Raichu faster than Raichu can Knock Out them. But against EX-heavy decks, Raichu is able to trade Prizes very well, with minimal set up.

Good Additions:
  • Ninetales DRX
  • Leafeon PLF
  • Acro Bike
  • Wally
  • Battle Compressor
  • Sacred Ash

Raichu / Crobat Skeleton List:

Pokemon:
  • 4 Raichu XY
  • 4 Pikachu XY
  • 3 Crobat
  • 4 Golbat
  • 4 Zubat PLS
  • 4 Shaymin-EX ROS
  • 1 Exeggcute PLF
Trainers: 22
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
  • 4 Sky Field
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Basic Energy
Open Slots: 5

Strategy:
Besides the obvious Raichu, this variant focuses on Crobat and Golbat. Raichu is already very powerful with Sky Field, but in case you miss enough Benched Pokemon to get a OHKO, you can use Golbat's Sneaky Bite Ability or Crobat's Surprise Bite Ability to reach high enough numbers to still Knock Out that Pokemon. Crobat and Golbat also allow you to Knock Out Mega Pokemon, as they have more than 180 HP. The main downside of the deck is it's somewhat clunky, with its 4-4 Raichu line and 4-4-3 Crobat line. But if set up, this deck can roll over almost anything.

Good Additions:
  • Kecleon PLF
  • Yveltal XY and Yveltal EX
  • More Exeggcute PLF
  • Acro Bike and/or Trainers' Mail
  • Sacred Ash

Last edited:
Raichu XY / Leafeon PLF is good with Deoxys EX. Deoxys does not add much about Raichu, but it takes bench space which are good for Raichu, and Leafeon benefits it a lot. Also, it has grass-type and lightning-type attackers, Raichu zaps Colorless Rayquaza and Yveltal, Leafeon breaks Toad, Groudon and Kyogre. IMO right now Grass/Lightning is best type combination in offense right now.

I don't think 4 Shaymin EX is that clever now since LTC is banned now. if you cut it down till 2 and add 4 super scoop ups then you also can use those crobats agian. but i've just played for one year so i'm not the best. just a view on this deck

Some changes have been addressed!
As for Bandit Ring Eeveelutions - I personally wouldn't tech them into this deck simply for the fact that there isn't much room. Plus, they have yet to be released therefore they cannot be added.

Eeveelutions can often be their own thing if being run all in one deck like the Bandit Ring ones would be.

As for Bandit Ring Eeveelutions - I personally wouldn't tech them into this deck simply for the fact that there isn't much room.

It's more than just a room issue. Most of the time, a good Raichu/Skyfield player can get 180 off consistently with a Full Bench and a Muscle Band, so adding the Eeveelutions only matters against Megas. Besides, the biggest Mega in the game right now is Crayquaza, which is already hit by Weakness from Raichu. Mega Manectric-EX is weak to Fighting, Mega Gardevoir-EX is weak to Metal, Dragon Ray is weak to Fairy, Mega Gallade-EX is weak to Psychic, and Primal Groudon-EX is weak to Grass. The only popular Megas you would be hitting for Weakness with the Eeveelutions would be Mega Sceptile-EX and Mega Aggron-EX.

isnt nightmarch still stronger than this deck? i fail to see its opness, that makes it deserve tier 1 :/

isnt nightmarch still stronger than this deck? i fail to see its opness, that makes it deserve tier 1 :/

Dark Raichu decks can sweep entire Night March decks with just Yveltal small and some well played Lysandres.

If they start using Mew EX, then Raichu trades prizes so much better.

Dark Raichu is a pretty good Night March match up. Raichu Bats ain't bad either

Dark Raichu decks can sweep entire Night March decks with just Yveltal small and some well played Lysandres.

If they start using Mew EX, then Raichu trades prizes so much better.

Dark Raichu is a pretty good Night March match up. Raichu Bats ain't bad either
so u recommend yveltal small and yveltal ex to complete the build? caz i am running just the first skeleton and its weak i win 7/8 matches but only caz the opponents decks r jokes and i out play them imo

so u recommend yveltal small and yveltal ex to complete the build? caz i am running just the first skeleton and its weak i win 7/8 matches but only caz the opponents decks r jokes and i out play them imo

I like Dark Raichu more than the other decks. In fact, mods, can we get a Dark Raichu skeleton list in the OP? I feel it's the best current varient

I like Dark Raichu more than the other decks. In fact, mods, can we get a Dark Raichu skeleton list in the OP? I feel it's the best current varient
i tested it your right its way better.... can i have the skeleton your using please.

Last edited by a moderator:
the dark raichu varient is ok... but just saying this deck is pretty bad... slow... not cohesive... maybe i am using it wrong.. but my rayquaza deck and nightmarch still seem miles ahead of this deck.

If you think this deck is "bad" "slow" and "un-cohesive" you are playing it wrong! Haha.

Yes. I will do it when I have the time.

well here it is... it fell from tier 1 like i said... it doesnt feel like a tier 1 deck
It was tier 1 not too long ago. The meta just shifted to adapt and counter. That's what happens with such a wide open meta.

I honestly never heard of this Deck until I came back, and just by looking at it seems... pretty strong. I'll have to give it a build and see what's what.
'

I am fairly new to the Raichu xy card, so I decides to go out and get 4 of them and play with and without the bats. I played with ninetales and added a couple acro bikes, added a wally, an eggsecute (2 in total) and a battle compressor and felt that the deck was spot on. There are no issues with being able to search half your deck on your first turn. It's build speed is so quick, your opponent will not have any time to setup before you deal 180 dmg (with muscle band) to your opponents active pokemon. My single most problem that made thick deck not as offensive in my opinion was running zubat crobat lineup. Debating on how you want to go about this, for starters it is extremely slow. The cards are extremely inconsistent, and a majority of the time i landed 2 golbats and a crobat in my hand with no zubat to start off my dmg counters. This deck, by the time it would get completely set up, would have already lost to the opponent. I have a big issue with the addition of zubat and felt that it is more inconsistent than the previous option of just running the nine tales.

Back