Raichu Prime-Is it worth anything?

Does this idea stand a chance?

• Total voters

Pokeplayer44

Down with the Metagame.
So I was looking around, and I remembered a while ago some people were talking about Raichu Prime. It is a pretty decent card (of course not if it's facing Donphan), and I think it's playable with Pachirisu (TR). Play down a Pachirisu, move all the energy to Raichu with its Power. Now, I know Donphan is a serious threat, (boo-hoo, I miss Sunyshore City Gym) but I think it can be dealt with. I am looking for opinions on the idea itself and how Donphan can be dealt with here. Thanks!:p

Brendan

Hi there
The problem is Zekrom hits for the same amount as Raichu for less requirements and it's easier to set up.

Pokeplayer44

Down with the Metagame.
True, but with Raichu you don't have to run the Shaymin for energy moving. And i despise the Metagame.:p

Brendan

Hi there
I agree I am working on something Rogue myself but you would have to have a serious energy retrieval and attachment engine to make this work. Also with so much Donphan in the format this deck would get torn up.

Emperor

???
Main problem is burning 3 energy every turn while needing Pachirisu drops every turn just to keep the damage constant.

Bottom line - impractical.

Pokeplayer44

Down with the Metagame.
A Donphan counter is a must. I'm going to look into different things that could work well with it, and that's why I really miss Sunyshore City Gym. That card was an Electric deck's best friend. Some Seeker for the Pachirisu back to the hand would help, and 4 Energy Retrieval and more recovery stuff. Keep the ideas coming!:p

EDIT: Ninja'd. 1st time I've ever been ninja'd. I'd love to just try the deck out to see if there's anything that can help it.

Fetz

Aspiring Trainer
The obvious answer would be to run a water tech of some sort. Tech in a shaymin and a samurott (Shell Armor)? Drop pachu, then shaymin electric onto samurott. Samurott OHKOs Donphan without any water energy.

Since you can fill your bench pretty easily, you could also try using Jumpluff as it resists donphan and can 2hko it.
Jumpluff also ohkos Yanmega when fully charged.

Lastly, beware that raichu will run into the problem of consistently getting energy/seeker/SSU in hand. I ran solo-magnezone and ran into this all the time. You can fix this by adding more energy and Interveiwer's Questions however, this also almost always leads to dead draws. Need a seeker to reuse pachurisu? Sorry you get an energy.

Pokeplayer44

Down with the Metagame.
Great idea. Now i just have to trade for all this stuff, because I don't have one bit of it.:p

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
There's no advantage to running Raichu Samurott over straight Samurott or Samurott-Donphan. All Raichu is is a card that takes up a huge amount of resources, is extremely unconsistent, and doesn't help any of Samurott's matchups at all. Sure, Raichu can OHKO Zekrom with a pluspower and magnezone with 2 pluspowers, but guess what-donphan does the same for way less energy, way less space, way more consistency, and Donphan can actually take a hit from Zekrom/Magnezone.

ashinto

Aspiring Trainer
Short answer: no.

Long answer: no.

It is a Stage 1 with a low amount of HP, weak to one of the most played cards in the format, needs heavy bench support in a format with catcher in it, along with the fact that there is another card that is a Basic, does pretty much the same thing as it, but it has more HP along with a second attack that's pretty darn good. This popped into your head as a card with some chance how??

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
It won't work...

but if you ran it, a thin line of Magnezone Prime would make a great supporting attacker and give some drawpower.

But it still won't work, sorry- ZPS is simply better, much more efficient, and actually practical.

MonsterHunter909

Formerly Known as Tybike
Talking about donphan counters:
You could use tornadus w/ DCE and rescue energy to kill donphan in two turns, while donphan takes 2 turns to kill Tornadus. Just a thought.

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
So when Electrik comes out, Raichu might become playable. You can use Pachi to get energy in play, and then recycle them with Electrik. Plus Electross is a very decent backup attacker.

Captain Oats

I'm worse than you at TCG.
amisheskimoninja said:
So when Electrik comes out, Raichu might become playable. You can use Pachi to get energy in play, and then recycle them with Electrik. Plus Electross is a very decent backup attacker.

bah, ninja'd before I saw the post :\

Raichu isn't the worst card ever, but currently not the most playable. Still though, if you like to play with pokemon you like instead of whats dominating the meta (like me), you could make a Raichu Prime list that works somewhat well. Too bad the lvX is rotated.