Discussion Raichu Circle Circuit Viable Still?

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, im still new to pokemon so im not 100% sure about that but, wasnt raichu with the attack circle circuit able to do competition? is that card dead? i bought some generation pack and got a playset and was wondering . can it still be good in the current format? or totally garbage?

Circle circuit Raichu can still be viable with the card Sky Field, but cannot do well enough on its own. The maximum amount of damage it can do without Muscle Band in the format is 160, but can be paired with a couple of cards to boost it's usefulness. Pairing it with Steam Siege Yanmega BREAK is a nice combo, or you could use it with Breakthrough Zoroark. The final option I can think of is playing it as a one prize attacker in Mega Rayquaza, which would be especially useful in the mirror match. Hope I helped.

I was thinking Raichu would be good in a Rainbow Force deck as a secondary attacker, to be used to do weakness damage. Put a float stone on Xerneas and you can switch from Xerneas to Raichu at will.

I was thinking Raichu would be good in a Rainbow Force deck as a secondary attacker, to be used to do weakness damage. Put a float stone on Xerneas and you can switch from Xerneas to Raichu at will.
Not too bad of an idea. However, most players will typically put a Fighting Fury Belt to the Xerneas instead, aiming to give it more HP to tank more damage. Of course, if the Rainbow Force player has room for the Breaks, that will add more HP and give another, halway decent attack

Not too bad of an idea. However, most players will typically put a Fighting Fury Belt to the Xerneas instead, aiming to give it more HP to tank more damage. Of course, if the Rainbow Force player has room for the Breaks, that will add more HP and give another, halway decent attack
This.

Also, M Rayquaza is supposed to be Tier 1, and the fact that Raichu can hit for weakness (barring Clear Humming Altaria, which can evolve t1 due to its Ancient Trait) means that it'll be a pretty good asset, and with 5 Pokemon it can kill Altaria (without weakness), and needs only 3 with an ability killer like Garbodor or Hex Maniac. M Ray, without weakness, requires to be 2HKO'd at least (with a full bench), while they can OHKO. Assuming you already have another Raichu set up, you'll be able to trade prizes evenly. Unless you want to use Raichu Break, which does 170 for a Lightning Energy and a DCE but discards all of them. Even then, without weakness it still has to 2HKO.

I don't know if people talked about this before, but why not run Raichu with M Ray? You don't really have to do anything and can leave a really good secondary attacker. Circle Circuit requires [C][C], so you could potentially use Max Elixir on Pikachu, but that M Ray might need it more. Besides, there are probably other attackers that could take up those 2-4 slots better than Raichu, but not off the top of my head.

Raichu on its own is not very viable, but it makes a fine partner for Mega Rayquaza or Rainbow Road (if you're not using Galvantula).

Circle circuit Raichu can still be viable with the card Sky Field, but cannot do well enough on its own. The maximum amount of damage it can do without Muscle Band in the format is 160, but can be paired with a couple of cards to boost it's usefulness. Pairing it with Steam Siege Yanmega BREAK is a nice combo, or you could use it with Breakthrough Zoroark. The final option I can think of is playing it as a one prize attacker in Mega Rayquaza, which would be especially useful in the mirror match. Hope I helped.
What makes Yanmega Break good with Raichu? I'm missing the point.

You could play Raichu in a Stage 1 Deck, with Raichu, yanmega, garbodar, and vespiqueen.
It would be a great idea to play it with Vespiquen/Jolteon (AOR)/Zebstrika, but this of course is much more ability based. However, it is a lot better IMO, because of the ability to smack with Vespiquen and go through Glaceon (because of Zebstrika's Zap Zone and Jolteon making it a [L] type).
Let's make Stage1Box a thing. Zoroark/Jolteon/Zebstrika/Vespiquen/Raichu. God, what a monstrosity.

Last edited:
Hi, I just bought the Keldeo vs Rayquaza Battle Deck and now have a full set of the Raichu Line, would be interested in building a deck with it.

As a colorless attacker it has many options, so wonder what have people tested an what works well, things I am thinking of:
Mew EX
4-4 Golbat (Want to see if it can still do the needed damage without Crobat)
Type Changing Eevee evolutions
Hoopa X + Shaymin EX

Any suggestions, or alternative ideas would be appreciated. I really think there is something here, especially with Karen now available.

Hi, I just bought the Keldeo vs Rayquaza Battle Deck and now have a full set of the Raichu Line, would be interested in building a deck with it.

As a colorless attacker it has many options, so wonder what have people tested an what works well, things I am thinking of:
Mew EX
4-4 Golbat (Want to see if it can still do the needed damage without Crobat)
Type Changing Eevee evolutions
Hoopa X + Shaymin EX

Any suggestions, or alternative ideas would be appreciated. I really think there is something here, especially with Karen now available.

I finally decided to make the deck and i made mine with Yanmega break line, 3-3 raichu pika, 4-4-3 yanmega line, with octilerry since i dont have shaymins

Playing it with Bursting Balloon makes its damage 160 + 60 if they attack the Raichu, so 220.

It's kind of similar to Garchomp damage, but with slightly easier setup. I think there's still a lot of potential in Raichu.

Playing it with Bursting Balloon makes its damage 160 + 60 if they attack the Raichu, so 220.

It's kind of similar to Garchomp damage, but with slightly easier setup. I think there's still a lot of potential in Raichu.
OH yeah, i do play it with bursting, but everytime i play it, my friends or opponent, just play lysander everytime... now i know if i burst balloon imma get lysander...
otherwise i think its a good card in this deck

Yeah, Lysandre does suck. But, then again, Bursting Balloon forces an action from your opponent that's sometimes in your favour - they either Lysandre, Escape Rope, attack and take damage, or don't attack.

As for partners, I may pair it with Vespiquen and Klefki. Klefki is such a good card and you can just bench it to enhance Raichu's attack. I think Dragonite EX, when it's released, will be good to recover your bench.

Yeah, Lysandre does suck. But, then again, Bursting Balloon forces an action from your opponent that's sometimes in your favour - they either Lysandre, Escape Rope, attack and take damage, or don't attack.

As for partners, I may pair it with Vespiquen and Klefki. Klefki is such a good card and you can just bench it to enhance Raichu's attack. I think Dragonite EX, when it's released, will be good to recover your bench.
GOod idea with dragonite! ill try it when he comes out

My honest answer is NO. Mega Ray, being the easiest and also 1 of the only things it can beat, I think CC Raichu is pretty bad now. The only us ei see for it is being a tech in a deck. I've seen lots of Yanmega BREAK and Raichu in my area, and it honestly doesn't place well. It's mainly because Raicbu must have Skyfield in order to OHKO Mega Ray, and I believe that could only be put in a Mega Ray deck or just playing it by itself, which, with everything else in this meta, like Xerneas BREAK and Darkrai, especially when their High HO amount that Raichu can barely match, then can't match with Fighting Fury Belt, he has no good playability in this Meta. I think it will be slightly better with Dragonite-EX coming out, but still not that good. Maybe play it in Mega Ray for Mirror Matchups? I don't know. Honestly I have a playset of Reverse Holo and I have no clue how to play them competetivly.

Makes them waste their supporter and wish they could use a draw supporter

Are all of you forgetting that Raichu/Golbat took top 16 at Orlando Regionals? The deck is still amazing, and thats with just GOLBAT. You easily can hit for the 180-220 still.

Back