Quick Question

Hiya,
An archetype means a deck which is very commonly used because of it's achievements, and strength.
A rogue is basicly a deck which is made to counter these archtypes. A rogue is usually original, with new strategies, and ways to counter archetypes...

cya.

Archetypes are decks that have been thoroughly tested and published for others to use. Rogue decks are decks that experiment with a new idea that has rarely been tried before. Techdecks are decks that are specifically designed to counter archetypes, as far as I know.

The sad part is when a rogue deck does really well at a tournament, especially at the larger tournaments (Regionals, Nationals, Worlds), they often become archetypes themselves because other people try to replicate, copy, or improve on the original idea that took a long time to create and perfect.

For the people that create these type of successful rogue decks, I give them props. When I see other people copy their hard work (especially against their will), I get annoyed. Sure, borrowing ideas is not a bad thing, but copying an entire deck is not cool, in my opinion.

Sometimes, archetypes are developed because many people independently think of the same idea. This is most often the case for decks like MetaKnight, LudiCargo, Monarchy, Rain Dance, etc. I do not have too many problems with that. Decks like Blastoise/Lugia/Steelix and Zapdos/Rayquaza/Electrode are not so obvious and get tiresome to play against when many people are using them. What I don't like about any archetype is that it often gives the player a false sense that they are higher than everyone else.

I encourage people to try new ideas because it creates diversity in the gaming environment (metagame). I don't like frequently playing against the same decks repeatedly.

Back