Question about Fossil Set Printing Dates (Pics added)

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!
I was scanning my Fossil binder today because I finally got new sleeves and was transferring all of the cards to the new sleeves...and I noticed that some of my Fossil cards had "1999-2000" printed on the bottom while most of them just had "1999".

I know the Base Set has a "1999-2000" set but does Fossil have that as well??? The cards I have that had that date are Zapdos - holo (from the collectors box), Golduck and Psyduck. I also had someone want to trade me a Raichu with that date, but I had never heard of that before so I opted for the "1999" one...

Thanks for any help! =]

RE: Question about Fossil Set Printing Dates

Are the cards in question unlimted or 1st edition?
All my unlimted and 1st editions are 1999.

Could be a later print run or maybe fakes.

Shakespeare said:
Are the cards in question unlimted or 1st edition?
All my unlimted and 1st editions are 1999.

Could be a later print run or maybe fakes.

They're Unlimited. I know they're not fake because I remember getting the gift box from a video game store as a kid and that's where I got the Zapdos. And when I compare them to my other Fossil cards I can't find any differences; except that they're in a little better condition! lol Probably because it was a later run like the Base Set...

Hopefully others have cards like this and can shed some light on this!

Maybe Jungle had a later print too...

You have any way to scan one of those 1999-2000 cards and post the picture here?
I am going to dig through mine in an attempt to find one.
It is not uncommon for theme deck to have variants as you describe but that is a new one for me.

Shakespeare said:
You have any way to scan one of those 1999-2000 cards and post the picture here?
I am going to dig through mine in an attempt to find one.
It is not uncommon for theme deck to have variants as you describe but that is a new one for me.

Zapdos (from the Collector's box)
fossilzapdos_1.jpg
fossilzapdos_2.jpg

Not sure where these cards came from; probably boosters, but maybe theme decks. I did buy all of the theme decks when I was younger, but these cards are in amazing condition for old cards. I think I got these when I was a little older and decided to start taking better care of my cards. It's easy to tell which old cards I got young and which ones I got as I became a little older. lol
29sgns.jpg

fossilcards_2.jpg

I almost traded for a rare non-holo Raichu that had this printing date as well. That could have come from the Collector's box, but I'm not sure the Golduck, Psyduck and Trainer could have come from there.

EDIT: I just contacted the person with the Raichu cards and they also have Psyduck with the 1999-2000 dates. I'm trying to figure out if they know where they got them. It's starting to look like there's only a few of these Fossil cards with these dates.

All those cards are from the Thunderstorm gift box alright:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Thunderstorm_%28TCG%29

All the cards from the gift box must have had the 1999-2000 printing on them.

I guess I have a variant list to update...

THANKS for the information!

Aha! That's great to know!!

Feel free to use the scans as well. =]

EDIT: Well now this may surprise you, but the person I was talking to with these dated cards says that they have almost a complete Fossil set of them and some Jungle cards. I asked if they would be kind enough to provide some pictures or scans. It looks like there are full sets with the "1999-2000" date after all!

Back