TCG Fakes Quaking's Image-Based Fakes - Otherworldly Battles!

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Hey guys, Quaking here! I recently got Photoshop and decided to try my hands at faking with the new Sun and Moon Pokémon. I hope you all enjoy what I have to offer while I get some more stuff ready for a full set!

Wimpod SMP 01.png
SMP 02 Lillie's Resolve.png

I had some extra time to spare, so I got another Supporter done.

SMP 03 Hala's Zeal.png

Special thanks to @PikaMasterJesi for helping me with font size and placement!

Yo quaking, welcome to the best part of the 'beach! :D

Looks like you're using all the right fonts, which is awesome. You're just gonna need to fix up some sizes and placement.
On asche's 420*590 blanks, you're gonna want to use these rules of thumb:
  • Pokémon name needs to be Gill Sans Bold Condensed at 28.5 pt.
  • HP numerals are Futura std Heavy at 25 pt.
  • Attack names are Gill Sans Bold Condensed at 24 pt. The color for Abilities is #c23600, or you could grab it from a scan, but it looks like you've already got that.
  • Attack text is Gill Sans at 16 pt (but can go down to about 14 pt if you really need to squeeze). It's important to Justify the text, which you can do by dragging a text window, typing in your text, and then changing the format under the Paragraph Window to "Justified".
  • Attack damage is Futura std Heavy at about 20.5 pt.
For some of the more nitpicky stuff, you may like to check out our forum's tutorial on DIY Text Placement. :)

Assert your dominance by siding with Skull or Aether! These 2 powerful teams pack grandiose Pokémon like Alolan Muk-GX, Silvally-GX, and Alolan Exeggutor GX. Take over the battle with a heavenly light or dark aura! A new age in the Pokémon TCG begins with Otherworldly Battles! Over 70 cards total!

Yup! That's right. My first set, Sun and Moon: Otherworldy Battles is now live and I have a couple of cards to show you!

31 of 70 Skull's Passimian.png
42 of 70 Aether's Drampa.png

Special thanks to @Jabberwock for making Team Skull and Aether Blanks and sharing them over Skype and for helping me through the process of making these cards!

Btw the NO. ??? should be replaced with NO. --- as that is how it is properly put on the card. (References: Magearna PROMO) really like the skull cards, nice effects! Also, I noticed some of your cards involve Bounsweet being bullied. Stop the bullying.

Back