• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard QuagNag

payton

Aspiring Trainer
I've seen a rise in the popularity of quagnag so I wanted to try it if you have a good list either standard or post unbroken bonds post it.

Have u tried this one from Denver's Top 16? http://limitlesstcg.com/decks/?list=2304

There isnt really much to change in it (although I prefer one more onix and wailord-magikarp TT)

I've been testing that decklist online as well, and made my own adjustments to it. But either way, the concept works quite well: Keep attacking with the 1 prizers, while recycling energy over and over with wishful baton until you have enough energy for KarpLord to finish off the bench. This is why Guzma isn't needed so much, so more cards can replace it to improve consistency. I still teched one Guzma in my list for emergencies and an extra win-con, though.

There are some issues with the Quagsire list: First, you are dependent on whether your opponent plays field blower to remove the tools, or if your opponent is smart enough to bench the Baton holder, and snipe it there - The tool only activates on the active spot, not on the bench. Secondly, Weavile spread decks can really punish it, due to heavy ability usage, and CeleSaur gives it a real rough time, given the damage cap prevents the deck from 1-hitting that wall.

Some techs that could improve it are Dragon Palkia-GX and Lapras from Team Up. Palkia-GX annoys the Mirror, CeleSaur and Turbo PikaRom by removing all their energy, and Lapras has an alternative weakness and has less of a damage cap - 10 energy attached to it does 310 Damage to 1 hit anything near the endgame. I haven't tested Lapras yet, but Palkia-GX hasn't let me down so far.

Kyurem from Unbroken Bonds.

For 3 energy: guaranteed paralysis, 100-something damage, discard 2 waters.

It’s a great 1-prized I would definitely recommend.

So I’m thinking I have a deck for lost rotation so now I want a quagnag list including unbroken bonds so if you have one post or and I’ll test it

I'm going to be testing a list pretty similar to the one in the limitless link. Only differences are mostly because I'm testing for post-rotation. Mostly looking at alternative attackers in case of weakness. Looking forward to the palkia GX idea, because I've been losing hard to pikarom and CeleSaur. I originally tried running one snorlax eevee tag team for weakness match ups, but it almost never actually helps me, so I'm gonna try out some more single prize attackers and see how it goes.

Back