Quad Landorus EX

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
You're relying on either
A) Twist Mountain: A Stadium, which requires a flip and that you have Archen in your hand
or
B) One of the most unreliable, inconsisent trainers out right now, Old Amber Aerodactyl. It's fairly unlikely that you'll get Archen at all, much less on turn 2.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Cinema said:
B) One of the most unreliable, inconsisent trainers out right now, Old Amber Aerodactyl. It's fairly unlikely that you'll get Archen at all, much less on turn 2.

Old Amber Areoactyl only lets you get Areodactyl, I think you mean Plume Fossil.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Yeah Plume Fossil. It doesn't change the validity of my point, though. Archeops is far too inconsistent and slow to ever be reliably set up before your opponent has all the evolutions they need.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Again, look at TornadusDonk, turn one Aerodactyl, most games, if not, turn two. That's with two Twist mountain, three Old amber, 3 Aerodactyl (most lists I've seen.) the only difference is you have a stage one.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
If you don't get it out turn 1, you basically lose, since if you get it out any later than that it will be too late and your opponent will have already set up for the most part. Do you really want to be relying on such an unreliable group of cards? Also, the format IS dominated by basics, so regardless of how easy or hard it is to get out, it's still a bad card in this meta.

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
This meta, but when Landy EX drops, it won't be. and besides, one of this format's top decks relies on a stage 1.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Eels can function just fine without it's Eels for a few turns, especially against decks that have put 10+ spots of their deck towards Archeops. Also, do you really think Archeops can be set up beore Eelektrik? When Landorus EX comes out, that's just another big basic, so I don't know where you're going with that.

Random Numbers

creeper FTW!
Emopanda133 said:
Archeops takes 2 turns to get out, if you get him out T2, you can actually hurt Garchomp prettey bad.

If you have an archen, a twisted mountain, an archeops, flip heads, and you go first.

OR

You have plume fossil, get lucky, and have an archeops.

Archeops is too unreliable.

niccoide199cq

Situational.
Garbodor would also own: hydreigon/darkrai (both ability AND weakness) garchomp/altaria (ability), eels variants (ability AND weakness), raticate variants (ability AND weakness) ninetales/amoongus (ability) ...the list is long

Very bad match ups with keldeo/blastoise and empoleon/terrakion.

All in all i think it's playable..

alex

Miss the game
Guys, we can't tell the meta this far ahead. Because of that, you can't really make anti-meta decks. All we can do thus far is look at the pool of cards and come up with deck ideas, and vaguely infer what tier they will be.

Entei

Wild Entei fled . . .
I think Landorus EX would be best combined with Energy Retrieval + Terrakion EX. Maybe some other fighting pokés.

Anyhow, with a pluspower or an Aerodactyl DEX, Landorus EX kan OHKO a Darkrai EX without discarding the energies. I would definately consider Aerodactyl.

Milky

4 Mewtwo 4 Revive 48 Energy 4 DCE
In a deck with little to no energy acceleration Landorus doesn't seem like such a great card. If there was some sort of Stage 1 Hitmonlee that attached energy front he discard onto the bench like Eels then Leeandorus would be a great deck, but it's really difficult to charge up another Landorus EX after using the energy dump. I don't see this ever being a better card than Zekrom EX because of the lack of energy acceleration for fighting types, and Terrakion, which only gives up a single prize, can be charged up in a single turn and OHKOs Darkrai with no Plus Power or energy dump is infinitely better.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
^Just guessing here, but you didn't notice that the energy discard is mandatory. You only do 80 without, which is still vey nice with Aerodactyle. See, even if you discard to kill something important, you switch into Terrakion EX, Energy Retrieval, and attach.
Anyways, one of the main selling points is his first attack, which can 2-HKO all of those 60 hp basics like Piplup and Gible, taking a huge lead against those decks and making Empoleon not an auto loss if pull it off and go first.

Milky

4 Mewtwo 4 Revive 48 Energy 4 DCE
Lumos77 said:
^Just guessing here, but you didn't notice that the energy discard is mandatory. You only do 80 without, which is still vey nice with Aerodactyle. See, even if you discard to kill something important, you switch into Terrakion EX, Energy Retrieval, and attach.
Anyways, one of the main selling points is his first attack, which can 2-HKO all of those 60 hp basics like Piplup and Gible, taking a huge lead against those decks and making Empoleon not an auto loss if pull it off and go first.

You can't just assume that after I only ranted about a single feature. And not using the energy dump is just stupid, because you can do exactly the same thing with Terrakion and not give up two prizes. Admit it, the only reason you're running Landorus EX over Zekrom EX is because of the type advantage, something Terrakion already has. It's a bad archetype, period. The deck's title also isn't Terrakion EX/Landorus EX. And I fail to see how 30 snipe is so great when you have to charge up Terrakion EX, even then. Just catcher + Tornadus EX's first attack. So the new deck is ___/Aerodactly. The way I see it, the title of this thread is Quad Landorus, not Landorus/Aerodactyl.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
We are discussing possible uses of Landorus EX, who is Max Potion Compatable, does lots of damage, sinpes, and has good typing.
You would use Landorus > Terrakion for the first turn attack, and 2HKO many important basics in the format. As mentioned above, he is also very easy to use Max Potion with if your using the first attack mainly or after discarding the enrgies.
Why on Earth would you exclusively use the discard? It is not smart, and you use it only for important KO's, not anything else as you waste a good amount of resources and anyways, is 80 really that bad considering you can do a total of 230 next turn,easily killing everything, or using the discard first to kill an Empoleon or Hydreigon or Klinklang.

PS, Why do you rant so much, this is supposed to be a discussion, not and argument, and you seem to take some un-intended slight vey personally and feel a need to reply in turn.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
But Landorus doesm't need a catcher and hits 2.
What do you have against Landorus?