• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Quad Attacking Hoopa

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector
Hello! I am starting to venture out of just collecting and I'm getting more into competitive play at my local card shop. I am not looking to go super competitive and prefer to have fun with rogue/fringe type decks. Saying that, I'd like my decks to be decent!

This is Pablo Meza's list (found on his YouTube channel tablemon) but I'd like to make a few subs which I hope you guys can help with. The cards I wish to swap out are in bold. The reasons for why I want to swap them out will be below.

The aim of the deck is obvious I hope - to block GX and EX attacks, hitting back using Hoopa with extra damage thanks to Fighting Fury Belt/Reverse Valley (Mewtwo is in there for Buzzwole and other fighting types). Acerola is there to make knocking out Hoopa even harder/more annoying, Tapu Koko as a good starting Pokemon with free retreat and a little spread damage.

Pokemon
4x Hoopa SLG
1x Tapu Koko SM31
1x Giratina promo XY184
1x Mewtwo EVO
1x Oranguru SUM
1x Oranguru UPR

Items
4x Nest Ball SUM
4x Max Elixir BKP
4x Fighting Fury Belt BKP
2x Float Stone BKT
1x Rescue Stretcher GRI
1x Special Charge STS
1x Enhanced Hammer GRI

Stadiums
1x Reverse Valley BKP
1x Parallel City BKT

Supporters
4x Professor Sycamore BKP
3x Cynthia UPR
1x Gladion CIN
4x Guzma BUS
2x Acerola BUS
2x N FCO

Energy
9x Dark
4x DCE

I'd like to sub out Giratina as I know nobody at my shop will be playing any break decks. Would it be best to add in another Tapu Koko or another Mewtwo? Or something completely different?

The Max Elixirs I will eventually purchase but I haven't had time to buy them and I'm playing in a couple of days. What would be the best temporary solution - maybe Energy Loto?

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There is no replacement for Elixir because it solves a major problem with this attacking hoopa which is the minimum of 2 energy attachments. With out it will take at least 4 turns to get a 2nd hoopa set up and attack which is not good.

You're going to need to run Super Rod. If nobody at your shop is playing any BREAK decks then I would cut the Tina promo for one Super Rod.

In the current meta, there is most certainly no replacement for Max Elixir. You're going to need to find a way to get the Max Elixir ASAP if you want to use this deck to its full potential.

Back