Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Pyukumuku will appear in Fusion Arts, which releases in Japan on September 24th. Most of the set’s cards should become part of our Fusion Strike set on November 12th. Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translation!
Pyukumuku – Water – HP80
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Pyukumuku Fling
Once during your turn, if this card is in your hand, you may put this card on the bottom of your deck. Then, draw 1 card. You can’t use more than 1 Pyukumuku Fling Ability during your turn.
[W][C][C] Knuckle: 50 damage.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Continue reading...

Artifactor

Poet lost in static.
Essentially play with a 59 card deck, its quite interesting and make impossible lost for mill
I wouldn't say it makes it impossible to lose to mill, as it can't save the player if it becomes the last card of the deck, they would draw it use the ability which puts itself as the last card of the deck, and be immediately drawn by the player because it says put this card on the bottom of the deck. Then draw a card, if worded the other way around it might work that way

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't say it makes it impossible to lose to mill, as it can't save the player if it becomes the last card of the deck, they would draw it use the ability which puts itself as the last card of the deck, and be immediately drawn by the player because it says put this card on the bottom of the deck. Then draw a card, if worded the other way around it might work that way

Yeah you are right, I was thinking on something like Phione but it return to the deck before the draw effect so yeah it just draw itself

Anyway its an infinite draw +1, I think many decks will use it, its literally a card that cannot brick in your hand, donk will loved

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Pyukumuku - I better be have a Stage 1 having this ability than a frikin basic. I have a risk of starting the game with this. Weezing CEC does the better job than Koffing. Phione does the same thing as Pyukumuku, but Phione's role is dragging someone in the active, not being a fear of decking out. 4

bomboy2121

blaziken gx is meta
while i do like the idea of a pokemon that lets you draw another card without the need to bench it, the biggest drawback is the fact that you might get it as your starting pokemon. it might be a good idea in some v/max only decks that dont have a 1 prizer simply as a means for a 7 prize game (kinda old, today is usually an 8 prize game ;P), theres still the risk of not getting your v on the first turn to evolve it quickly.
if it was a stage 1/2 ability it would have been great!(maybe something like talonflame sts which you could use as an active but also shuffle him back if you want) but sadly it isnt, i doubet it will see much play in any deck.
i can see it being used in a no-rulebox pokes tournments (rarely but they happen) as a substitue for other draw supports

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Gee just use Scoop Up Net. Anyway, as far as filler cards go, it's decent. Yeah, there's a chance you may start with it, but for the pay-off it's really good. I can't believe this is the first generic support non-V Pokémon in ages. They have chosen to print effects that would originally be printed in non-V Pokémon in stuff like Kricketune V, Suicune V, etc. So this is a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Gee just use Scoop Up Net. Anyway, as far as filler cards go, it's decent. Yeah, there's a chance you may start with it, but for the pay-off it's really good. I can't believe this is the first generic support non-V Pokémon in ages. They have chosen to print effects that would originally be printed in non-V Pokémon in stuff like Kricketune V, Suicune V, etc. So this is a pleasant surprise.
I was about to say that if you’re running a deck that already has four Scoop Up nets, then having a single Pyukimu in the active shouldn’t be such a critical issue.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
Pyukumuku - I better be have a Stage 1 having this ability than a frikin basic. I have a risk of starting the game with this. Weezing CEC does the better job than Koffing. Phione does the same thing as Pyukumuku, but Phione's role is dragging someone in the active, not being a fear of decking out. 4
It's actually way better that this is a Basic and not a Stage 1 because of Quick Ball. It wouldn't be nearly as easy to find if it were an evolution.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
It's actually way better that this is a Basic and not a Stage 1 because of Quick Ball. It wouldn't be nearly as easy to find if it were an evolution.
I’m not sure Quick Ball searching this thing is a good play. You are trading two cards in your hand for one card (the card which you will draw with Fling), and at least one of those cards is a card you probably want to reserve for Pokémon more vital and central to the strategy. Granted, it’s a card that you almost certainly have a full play set of, but you probably don’t want to use it to search up this Pokémon.

As far as I can tell, this card is a better but worse judge whistle. Worse because you may end up starting with it, but better because you can keep on reusing it. With a play set of Judge Whistle, you can only draw cards four times. With a play set of Pyukimu, you can reuse Pyukimu AND it doesn’t bring you any closer to milling out by using its power. However, my logic may be flawed. My point is, this card should be compared against Judge Whistle and not against Pokémon.

Sieg Hart

Aspiring Trainer
I’m not sure Quick Ball searching this thing is a good play. You are trading two cards in your hand for one card (the card which you will draw with Fling), and at least one of those cards is a card you probably want to reserve for Pokémon more vital and central to the strategy. Granted, it’s a card that you almost certainly have a full play set of, but you probably don’t want to use it to search up this Pokémon.

As far as I can tell, this card is a better but worse judge whistle. Worse because you may end up starting with it, but better because you can keep on reusing it. With a play set of Judge Whistle, you can only draw cards four times. With a play set of Pyukimu, you can reuse Pyukimu AND it doesn’t bring you any closer to milling out by using its power. However, my logic may be flawed. My point is, this card should be compared against Judge Whistle and not against Pokémon.
You're right. As long as it's power is once per turn, there's not much threat to create. Of course this card can be a savior drawing the one and only one key card, but since this is once per turn, this will not be a tough one to encounter.