• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Purple Haze (Ultra Necrozma / Malamar / Giratina / Blacephalon / Mew / Cramorant V)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
PURPLE HAZE

db3sl2d-7dfde42f-de3f-4e41-aa1b-b21c6299f5b5.png

Pokémon (18):
  • 1 Blacephalon SM11a (beatdown)
  • 1 Dubwool V S1a (beatdown)
  • 2 Giratina SM7b (beatdown)
  • 2 Mimikyu SMP (beatdown)
  • 2 Sigilyph S2 (beatdown)
  • 2 Jirachi SM8a (search)
  • 4 Malamar (accelerate)
  • 4 Inkay SM8b (evolve)
Trainer (32):
  • 2 Boss's Orders (control)
  • 3 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 Marnie (draw)
  • 4 Mysterious Treasure (search)
  • 4 Scoop Up Net (retrieval)
  • 2 Escape Board (retreat)
  • 4 Spell Tag (beatdown)
  • 4 Quick Ball (search)
  • 3 Viridian Forest (search)
Energy (10):
  • 2 Recycle Energy
  • 8 Psychic Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Jirachi to draw trainer cards and bench two Inkay on the first turn. Next turn evolve into Malamar and accelerate to a benched attacker. Focus either on Giratina and Sigilyph to knock out the defender in two hits and dostrubute damage across the board, or on Mimikyu to defeat the opponent with his own attacks. Dubwool V acts as a cleaner in this deck to hit the opponent hard when he has two or one prize card remaining.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi AngryBokonlin,

Thanks for the review. I want two Giratina and I also wanted to reduce the need to search them out with Pokémon Communication or Mysterious Treasure to ensure that the Pokémon search cards can be devoted to have two benched Malamar out on the second turn. Giratina is also a nice means to search out energies with Viridian Forest which thins the deck to ensure better draws. If you do not like the third Malamar you can easily replace one of them with a tech Mimikyu but I would at least retain two of them.

Last edited:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Hi AngryBokonlin,

Thanks for the review. I want two Malamar and I also wanted to reduce the need to search them out with Pokémon Communication or Mysterious Treasure to ensure that the Pokémon search cards can be devoted to have two benched Malamar out on the second turn. Giratina is also a nice means to search out energies with Viridian Forest which thins the deck to ensure better draws. If you do not like the third Malamar you can easily replace one of them with a tech Mimikyu but I would at least retain two of them.
You mean tina?

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Looked over your list and there are some changes you can make to the list:

I was wondering how you found so much space to add all of these cards then I saw you weren't playing the Jirachi engine. I strongly recommend you go this route because Jirachi is the reason Malamar is still as consistent as it is right now post rotation. As much as Oricorio GX gives to this deck, it is extremely tempting to play but it is a 2 prize attacker sitting on your bench waiting to be gusted up with the new Great Catcher, sniped for 170, or have it's ability be turned off by powerplant. All of these would be extremely detrimental to your deck and most games can give your opponent a turn to skip your Blacephelon 120 damage counters.

Lana's fishing rod is ok for this deck. Yeah it can bring back a malamar or have mimikyu attack again but it can probably be replaced for something else. Most of the time you shouldn't have more than 2 Malamar on the bench since you're playing recycle energy, and you should replace one ASAP when one gets KOed

3 Viridian Forest. One of those can be a Power plant or you can add 1 Power Plant. I've been playing Malamar a lot post rotation and it feels amazing shutting off Jirachi GX with Mewthree in the active and KOing them easily. Mewthree doesn't look like it's going anywhere either and it's looking like we have more GX ability pokemon coming out. So powerplant has more usefulness coming November. I strongly recommend this if you decide to drop Oricorio GX.

And lastly add a Mew. Pikarom is still faster than Malamar and if it gets a Tag Bolt off you don't want to be behind on the prize race.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi jamashawalker,

Thanks for the review. Still need to test the deck a little more once the booster boxes arrive here.

When the opponent uses Great Catcher or Custom Catcher to knock out Oricorio GX they leave the attacker on the battlefield. This allows me to build more than one attacker at each turn and stream them more efficiently. Nevertheless the Jirachi engine is still insane but it takes six to seven deck slots for three to four Jirachi and three Escape Board which were hard to fit into the deck. What would you change in this deck to fit in a stable Jirachi engine without sacrificing the versatility and flow of the attackers or the Malamar engine? I also considered one or to Island Challenge Amulet to turn Oricorio GX into a one-prize draw engine since I can search them out with Rosa. Still need to test which cards can be removed from the item list to fit one or two Island Challenge Amulets into the deck.

The main benefit of Lana's Fishing Rod in this deck is to recycle Spell Tag since the deck relies on the extra damage boost. Retrieving a Pokémon is merely an extra bonus but could come in hand from time to time. I will also consider either one Mimikyu or one Mew over the third Giratina since it could be more versatile.