Ruling Pure Heart vs. Clear Vision-GX?

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
I was playing TCGO and noticed that after my opponent used Latios-GX's Clear Vision-GX, I could still use Keldeo's Resolute Blade-GX. Is this a glitch or actually how this interaction works?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I think it's a glitch because Latios places the effect on the player as opposed to Keldeo-GX itself, but it could be something in the way it's programmed that allows Keldeo's Ability to protect it from something it shouldn't.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
I think it's a glitch because Latios places the effect on the player as opposed to Keldeo-GX itself, but it could be something in the way it's programmed that allows Keldeo's Ability to protect it from something it shouldn't.
I figured as much. It was worth asking tho

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
If the original Japanese translation for Clear Vision is something along the lines of "for the rest of the game, your opponent's Pokemon cannot use GX attacks" (which appears to be the case), then naturally Keldeo would be immune to that

At this point, only time will tell if Latios gets an errata that makes it more consistent with the Japanese wording/ruling

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I agree it’s not intuitive, but it’s correct.

It’s in the Compendium now:

Q. If my opponent has used Latios GX's "Clear Vision GX" attack, would my Keldeo GX be able to use its "Resolute Blade GX" attack?
A. Yes. The effect of Clear Vision GX is placed on each of the opponent's Pokemon, and since Keldeo GX's Pure Heart Ability prevents all effects of attacks done to it by your opponent's Pokemon GX, it is unaffected by Clear Vision GX. (Sep 5, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
The Marowak from Fates Collide, which prevents effects of opponent’s attacks on you and your hand

To answer the question - no, Marowak would not protect against Clear Vision because, as established, Clear Vision is meant to be an effect applied to your Pokémon and not yourself

Mega Mewthree...

A new threat has appeared.
While we are talking about Clear Vision GX, does anyone know if Channeler undoes the attacks effect.
For those who do not know, Channeler says -
Remove all effects of attack on you and each of your Pokemon.

Thanks in advance.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
While we are talking about Clear Vision GX, does anyone know if Channeler undoes the attacks effect.
For those who do not know, Channeler says -
Remove all effects of attack on you and each of your Pokemon.

Thanks in advance.

Yes:
https://pokegym.net/community/index.php?threads/channeler-vs-clear-vision-gx.191996/ said:
Q: Does Channeler remove the effects of Clear Vision GX?
A (PokePop): Yes, it is an attack effect on you, so it would be removed.

Though that predates the ruling that it's technically on your Pokémon, I don't think that changes anything.