Pueblo, CO Cities report.

VergeX

Aspiring Trainer
This was my first tournament in months, after getting a new job, moving, and the likes, I did not have time to attend anything, so I was kind of left out of the meta game, and it showed during cities prep.

I decided to roll with Pyroar as I assumed Yveltal was going to be huge today with the domination Donphan has been getting in my area.

Round 1: Vs Infernape deck.
1-0
This was harder than I expected, she was able to bust out Infernape and use his initial attack to block all of my attacks seeing as all of my Pokemon only have one usable attack. I eventually got out the switch and knocked her last pokemon out with Pyroar.

Round 2: Vs Manetric/Seismitoad
2-0
This was insanely tough and went down to the wire. He got Seismitoad out early and locked me for a while, but ended up not having an answer for Pyroar in the end, I shocked him with a Pokemon center lady and won the game after he delivered 90 damage with Laserbank, and I pulled out his Jirachi EX.

Round 3: Vs Yveltal deck
3-0
Fairly easy game against one of the better players. I popped Pyroar out and his only answers were lasers, which I simply retreated out of and played around with Pokemon Center Lady

Round 4: Vs Manetric deck
3-0-1
We decided to take the tie as we were friends and figured we would see each other in top 8

Round 5: Vs Fairy deck
3-1-1
He plopped out Mega Kangaskhan and repeatedly retreated and used max potion. The mega was just far to overwhelming for Pyroar, I will need to find an answer for it.

Round 6: Vs Maneteric/Seismitoad
4-1-1
Ugh, this deck is really good. He locked me the majority of the game with Seismitoad, but could not deliver any damage onto my three Pyroars. He eventually got his Garbodor out and popped two Pyroar and a Kyurem, but I eventually pulled out Lysandre and took the game.

Top 8: Vs Mantric/Seismitoad
4-2-1
Same person I played in round 2. First round I did not even get a Pyroar out and was easily taken out by Seismitoad and Lysandre. The next round was much more intense as we dealt damage back and forth, and it came down to him with one card in his deck, and me flipping to wake Pyroar up from laser. I didn't win the flip and laser was able to knock out Pyroar. Very intense game.

I will for sure make some tweaks to the deck and play in the other upcoming cities, but overall I think Pyroar is an insanely strong play this format, it just does not have an answer for megas.

Deck list:
x4-3-1 Pyroar
x2 Seismitoad
x2 Kyurem (Outrage)
x1 Mewtwo EX

x4 Sycamore
x4 N
x3 Lysandre
x2 Shauna
x2 Blacksmith
x1 Pokemon Center Lady
x1 Skyla