Tournament PTCGO Uncommon/Common Tourney - Finished!

Nyan

She/They

PUW9lTbpjgm0Y5ep-M_Z_sI1et8VxyDvbEqGXgn8w7MrHUjVHIWbiD3rsOMXSAXr78GbU7LnGay51JHwjuGfm9KjyK9OrPcYoYqfe4nvyeFDWTfLcQdjLtDt9FYsqXiEXQwx8Kay
jtcJ23e2OOH2MQFrvBtcVUWxLL9pE5H3kgJU7vcbASmCIwLKQZs4zXx4dHjOYkt-2K3EQTjaKj7O1Q1IWlkWeVbQVeT9sOW-erPuyZHZBhe-ePFXcrOMSBR06yB_oRM6ueWaGp-F
9O3T8Q5_BSwZ1hyANaEWLgHy-vTTdTYi4-PcuhLXmAVqlhGyERY-3qN622Ni-g2jtsGAQcNVVvSSFA78FhQ-uujm4jApJEkoOxzYvJaKG7lOwXan68By5e-q-VF6nq1Hv1Hkf5Jg
TYUDjEeLX_fDgVc2kfDmDssYuYojnLgkl1088gjUZ_sT52jUcfyL_PDEvM-ZNw_KbL_V2GvvGMz5IhwEpOPktemBN7_lKyNC0cDv3q_6GvrMPPOtB-59sCl1MUtPiNhCcbJDBMsS
YV-AipBe2O3lSTsF9DIxxoZB4eY7Gtqgp_OkR8Ua6k6zedpMCvFG1W5zwhdDd63m9q-Glpk45bMit0HmJZDShItGlO_Ht1wrRe8E6d7UkPS1M2L4NFj-_7Uj-PJynWoZatODCl5E
ozJsCXMA53l_qUDekcOngdntLRQEwwhP_y42ogUbSfJN1T4_vMbg3ARaygvkeHAlwt945tybUnM_a5Lwf1NnMCmiIWpF7q3RSbFlDmX6QOH9QPVXcC1MpFrXXMpJpDMWmFHze1V8
4OmnS5bpD_Wm_7Vpfr61TAetqQZ_MIm3ESqxaRSNDVaKyglt9IALuTQsx0wnXylgsXJW3T3z3EjM4jteEGZ1B3bLcgxtl-V6iCWx0tcoSCZLW085xXTuJNNLeZViwyNOxjZ9wmWg
jEbJ32kMrv7YkPZ0CKRrzYnWqKFB303VpJfHlVwWdhmKVsaPGlP6mYBxpJ9kSauCMf6ubQ-v-iPj417x7baDz_QIHVO9Yb9XxmL11wfeeAld_3mPdu2wQVvEyP2vRL5Wv0cmn3Oo
1ygUIsi4om3qE6xnremAj4KvpODRmBHmYRkMcfIcowxHKwki2MMwcAXFDJRplSLMEiZfMKc_Hbvu7BNHLc8U83i_yjmjPR_5iXsYmzFymgGkusYXBAOICl5duHpF-jmvGyeODNhD
ARuvoaffeW_USLCXlKniaWRYXeVAAYJJb60q8ADxVwKbgJr7I8IqbsNCnWyvh49KU4aDXxsORUiaM99EuI4q2q4R_OJgRrPMN02gquVWW8ZtyyR7d3Sedj9ho_dNiqwLCCA26UrO

Hello everyone! Me and @rainyman123 have discussed an alternate format playable on PTCGO! Ever wonder what it'd be like to use that new Seviper competitively? Po Town? And even…. Komala?! That's what this tournament is about! You use only Uncommon and Commons (including trainers) in your deck! A few months ago we had a thread for suspect testing in order to find out all the cards that are good, overpowered, bad, bannable, etc.. Anyways, it's about time to have a tournament!
This will be a free tournament, and you'll even have a chance to win some packs! (These are TCGO packs, and if you qualify, I will give you the packs via trade. You'll only need to give a common or something)

Rules

100This tournament uses the Expanded format, but with a twist! You are only allowed to use both Commons & Uncommons! This includes trainer cards, so sorry, no ACE SPECs, Ghetsis, or Promos will be allowed in this tournament.
Only basic Energy is allowed.
If the card’s original printing was a rare card, but then was reprinted later as an Uncommon or Common card, you may NOT use those cards. (Yveltal XY, Raichu XY, Druddigon NVI, etc.)

(If you have any questions about the rules, please feel free to PM @TheNyanCatXD to try and sort things out.)

Signing Up/Playing your matches

100When you have your decklist ready on PTCGO, state in thread your PTCGO username and Timezone, else you will not be able to participate. Then PM the list to @TheNyanCatXD with your PTCGO username so that I can check it and make sure it’s legal.
Soon after, you should be entered into our bracket under your PTCGO & Pokébeach username.
Rounds are best of 3 matches. As soon as the round starts, you need to try and contact your opponent for a time to play your match. If you fail to be present at any point during the tourney, you will take an automatic round loss. If, for any reason, you know that you will not be present during your scheduled match date, contact me so I can change the date. Doing this more than twice will result in a round loss.
This is a single-elimination tournament, meaning if you lose your match, you’re out! If you lose in Semifinals, you will battle with the loser of the other semifinals match for the placement of 3rd and 4th.

If you are able to battle your way to the top and prove yourself one of the best, you'll get prizes on PTCGO! They are as follows:

1st Place: 10 BUS packs + Pikachu Theme Deck

2nd Place: 7 BUS packs

3rd Place: 4 BUS packs

4th Place: 3 BUS packs

And just for playing, if you don't make top 4, you'll get a prize of either a random booster pack or ultra rare online!

(We must have your PTCGO username and you must have at least 1 card tagged for trade online (most likely a card you will never use/common) in order for you to receive your prizes.)

Card Bans

100There are some cards that need to banned to ensure that each game played is fair & fun! Keep in mind the regular expanded bans are in place.
(This includes Forest of Giant Plants)
Joltik PHF 26, Pumpkaboo PHF 44, Vespiquen AOR 10, Flareon PLF 12, Passimian SUM 77, Sableye DEX 62, Charizard GEN RC25, Bursting Balloon BKP 97, Vribank City Gym PLS 126, Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123

Strategy/Sample Decks

100So, now that you know the rules, what is good, and what is bad? You may already have a lot of ideas swarming around in your head! Let's go ahead and take a look at super viable cards, engines, and just good decks in this format!

Unown - Unown is probably one of the best draw-card Pokemon in the format. It does only activate on the Bench, however it is still key in many decks if you want to setup easily. Unown + Mallow is a viable strategy too.
Muscle Band/Plus Power/Professor Kukui - Each of these trainers, and even more (Iris, Giovanni’s Scheme, etc.) boost damage. In this format, Pokémon tend to have relatively low HP, so anything adding damage is very powerful.
Poison - Lots of Pokémon have rather low HP making them weak to poison especially from Hypnotoxic Laser + Seviper. Keep in mind Virbank City Gym is banned.
Hex Maniac - This is basically an ability-ran game so cards like Hex Maniac can be very powerful if played at the right time.
Fighting Fury Belt/Bodybuilding Dumbells - These are 2 very odd cards mainly just because they can increase the HP of your Pokémon, which in this game if you have either of these 2 tools on your Pokémon, your unlikely to get KO’d.

These sample decks are just little decks to help get you started out on your ideas. If you wish to actually use one of these decks you may but go ahead and change it to your liking.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 4 Komala GRI 114
* 4 Munna BCR 68
* 3 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 N FAC 105
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89

##Energy - 12

* 12 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Komala is a very powerful deck, it's ability to hit a possible T1 for 100 is powerful and with Munna, you can easily get it to sleep every turn, possibly your opponent well!

##Pokémon - 8

* 4 Inkay XY 74
* 4 Malamar AOR 46

##Trainer Cards - 45

* 4 Hard Charm XY 119
* 2 N PR-BLW BW100
* 3 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

* 4 Imakuni? GEN 63
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 4 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 7

* 7 Darkness Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Malamar is rainyman123’s favorite of these sample decks, and for good reason. Malamar’s Trash Tentacle is [D] for 30 and you put a card from the discard pile into your hand! You can literally get almost anything you've played the entire game with this attack! Not to mention 1 Energy for 30 is pretty good. You also have Imakuni to try and get the T1 Evolution, which hopefully you can.

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Maractus PLS 11
* 3 Spinarak AOR 5
* 3 Ariados AOR 6
* 4 Seviper BUS 50
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 N PR-BLW BW100
* 2 Random Receiver FAC 109
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 7

* 7 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

This Maractus deck is quite strange looking at first glance, but it might actually be one of the best out of these sample decks. Maractus is mainly used for [G] for 10 and their active is now Confused. Confusion, along with Ariados’ Poison + Seviper, can rack up damage so quickly that the Pokemon will faint right before your eyes. Overall one of the better decks.

##Pokémon - 10

* 2 Togedemaru SUM 53
* 4 Voltorb XY 44
* 4 Electrode ROS 22

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 4 Hard Charm XY 119

* 2 N PR-BLW BW100
* 3 Eco Arm AOR 71
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 12

* 12 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

This is a rather weird deck that utilizes Electrode and Voltorb to deal a rather large amount of stacking damage. Electrode is mainly used for his [LCC] for 70 and you may move all Energy on him to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. You can use this to put Energy on another Pokémon if Electrode is about to die or you can put it on Togedemaru so that next turn you can hit for massive amounts of damage.

##Pokémon - 14

* 4 Eevee SUM 101

* 2 Flareon AOR 13

* 3 Espeon PLF 48

* 4 Unown AOR 30

* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 4 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113

* 1 Super Rod DRV 20

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 3 Captivating Poké Puff STS 99

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

* 1 Escape Rope PLS 120

* 1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

* 3 Training Center FFI 102

* 1 Exp. Share SUM 118

* 1 AZ PHF 91

* 2 Big Malasada SUM 114

* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 8

* 8 Psychic Energy GEN 79

Total Cards - 60

This deck focuses on sniping down your opponent’s Pokemon and trying to survive as many attacks as possible. With Training Center and Bodybuilding Dumbbells together, Espeon’s HP is essentially 160! That, and in combination with Energy Evolution Eevee, makes for a difficult Pokemon to KO. Espeon’s Shadow Ball attack, in conjunction with the type changing Eeveelutions, allows for adequate snipe damage. Be wary of Field Blower, it will discard your Training Centers and Dumbbells At once!

##Pokémon - 8

* 4 Ponyta FLF 14

* 4 Rapidash FLF 15

##Trainer Cards - 44

* 2 N PR-BLW BW100

* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

* 2 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73

* 2 Lysandre FLF 90

* 1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

* 1 Field Blower GRI 125

* 3 Silent Lab PRC 140

* 1 Red Card GEN 71

* 4 Trick Coin PHF 108

* 1 Random Receiver FAC 109

* 3 Max Potion BKP 103

* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 8

* 8 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

Thought you could get away from disruption? Think again! Rapidash and Ponyta’s Agility attack can make it immune for a turn, if you flip heads. That, paired with free retreat, Max Potion, and Trick Coin, can lead to an incredibly resistant Pokemon. You also play a lot of disruption, Hammers, TFGs, etc. However, there are a few problems with this deck, notably it’s low damage output, weakness to Lysandre/Guzma, and dead drawing. Tread at your own risk!

Entry into the tourney is now closed

Users Signed Up:

- @My Little Keldeo, PTCGO: KeldeoDash, Eastern Time Zone

- @TheAnticipationEevee, PTCGO: AbsolutelyEevee, Pacific Time Zone

-@PMJ, PTCGO: PMJ1234567890, Central Daylight Time

-@Latte1504, PTCGO: Latte1504, Eastern Time Zone

-@TheUltimateAbsol, PTCGO: TheUltimateAbso, Eastern Time Zone

-@jadethepokemonmaster, PTCGO: someweirdpokemo, Eastern Standard Time

-@rainyman123, PTCGO: rainyman123, Central Time Zone

-@bdov777, PTCGO: bdov777, Mountain Standard Time

-@pokemaster26, PTCGO: Reedf51, Eastern Standard Time

-@Elki2401, PTCGO: NewAgeTroller, Pacific Standard Time

-@tiffuts, PTCGO: tiffuts, Pacific Standard Time

-@semurphy444, PTCGO: semurphy444, Central Time Zone

-@Jpkemperor, PTCGO: Jpkemperor, Central Daylight Time

-@GrandPanacea, PTCGO: Tobi2x4, Atlantic Time Zone

-@Rindon, PTCGO: Rindon, Eastern Daylight Time

-@DashKing, PTCGO: DashKing, Central Time Zone

-@Nano_op12, PTCGO: Holycowcgmmgc, Eastern Standard Time

-@KingJellybean, PTCGO: King_Jellybean, Central European Summer Time

-@Jake_Silberman, PTCGO: Jake_Silberman, Eastern Standard Time

-@Neurowolf, PTCGO: Lucario4u2, Pacific Standard Time

-@Tom Phillips, PTCGO: tmillz04, Eastern Standard Time

-@superdan51, PTCGO: Superdan151, Eastern Time Zone

-@LadyMeowstic, PTCGO: Smushi, Mountain Time Zone

-@TotoBoss, PTCGO: Blibbloe, Central European Summer Time

-@Zharken, PTCGO: xNokizaru, Greenwich Mean Time/Coordinated Universal Time +1 (Currently on UTC+2 because of summer)

-@Trainer Josh, PTCGO: rb26396, Central Time Zone

-@TurtleParkour, PTCGO: dravenik, Eastern Daylight Time

*means you didn't put either your Timezone of your PTCGO username, or both. If your username hasn't been put on the list and you didn't miss entry time, PM me

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
PMJ1234567890
CDT

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
Latte1504
Eastern Time

Also, you say HTL is banned and then talk about it. It is banned, right?

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
I'm able to play. My screen name is TheUltimateAbso (missing the last 'l).
I'm in the eastern time zone.

I hope this doesn't take much time out of my work schedule :<

Last edited:

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I'd love to sign up for this, however I won't be able to get on ptcgo until Sunday? Is that okay?

My ign is someweirdpokemo
EST

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
Depending on how quickly you're starting I'd be in for this (on vacation last week of August):

semurphy444
Central time

Jpkemperor

Deck Builder and Researcher
Let's do this. My name in PTCGO is the same: Jpkemperor
I'm on Central Daylight Time zone

Just to confirm, the post is a bit unclear on this:

Is hypnotoxic laser banned?

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I'm in.

Atlantic Timezone (I'm an hour ahead of EST), typical availability is late nights, username is Tobi2x4, and I'll PM Nyan my list once I have a list.