Fun PTCGO Random Deckbuilder

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
I just started getting into Hearthstone and I think that one aspect of it could be easily taken over to Pokemon. There is a section of HS called the Arena where you choose your hero and then choose your cards for your deck in random assortments of three. It's similar to a draft where you make deck that's better than a prerelease deck, but worst than a tournament level deck. Why it isn't similar is that it gives you access to all cards if you draw them at random, but you do not keep them.
Pokemon could implement this by allowing you to choose a type, such as Fire, and then giving you random fire types, trainers/supporters/stadiums/etc. Once you choose your cards, you add in basic fire or any energy you pulled as well and then start a tournament.
How would something like this sound and would you play it?

I just started getting into Hearthstone and I think that one aspect of it could be easily taken over to Pokemon. There is a section of HS called the Arena where you choose your hero and then choose your cards for your deck in random assortments of three. It's similar to a draft where you make deck that's better than a prerelease deck, but worst than a tournament level deck. Why it isn't similar is that it gives you access to all cards if you draw them at random, but you do not keep them.
Pokemon could implement this by allowing you to choose a type, such as Fire, and then giving you random fire types, trainers/supporters/stadiums/etc. Once you choose your cards, you add in basic fire or any energy you pulled as well and then start a tournament.
How would something like this sound and would you play it?

I think they already do this online, but they call it the Deck Wizard to give 20 Pokemon and 20 Supporters and 20 Energy.

I think they already do this online, but they call it the Deck Wizard to give 20 Pokemon and 20 Supporters and 20 Energy.
The deck builder basically gives you no choices except typing and 2 cards. And the decks are flat out bad.

I think the main problem with what you want is evolutions. It seems like an interesting idea. But once you start choosing ur pokemon. What happens a if you grab evolutions and never see the basic.

If it started with deck wizard style and then you choose ur trainers. Or you would have to draft lines of pokemon. Which in itself still sounds terrible.

I can't imagine a good way of implementing a this sort of thing. Without starting with a base deck that you supplement with stuff from packs. Like a prerelease of now.

Back