JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon announced that the testing period for the Pokemon Trading Card Game Live will begin on February 22nd, 2022. The beta will be exclusive to Canada. PTCGL will be available as a downloadable app on iOS, Android, Windows and Mac. PTCGL will not have in-app purchases. You can learn more about the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live in our article breaking down its initial reveal.

The Pokemon Trading Card Game Live will be available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. PTCGL requires iOS 15 or newer, Android 8 or newer, Windows 7 or newer, or Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave) or newer. Cards from Sun & Moon base set onward will be available at launch (previously, it would have been Sun & Moon—Lost...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Yecch, I’m still not liking the fact that TPCi is sticking with that scrunched-up mobile “friendly” look for the app. Some of us prefer to play the game on other platforms that can actually SUPPORT the traditional PTCG layout and would like to stick to it rather than being forced to adapt to this schlock.

SoFarSoGood

Porygon enthraller, and enthusiast
"PTCGL will not have in-app purchases. "

So code cards going to continue to be a thing.
Looking forward to this. Pokemons online interface felt a bit dated

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
I think that is only for the Beta.
The screenshots show a shop, battle pass, and in game currencies of various types.
The press release says this:

Pokémon TCG Live will be globally released in the future as a free-to-play game with no in-app purchases, and will receive ongoing content and feature updates post-launch.

Its fact sheet says this:

Pokémon TCG Live will be released as a free-to-play game with no in-app purchases, making it accessible for all types of players.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
Very sad they don't allow trading. In a game like Pokemon, it was great being able to get rid of cards you wouldn't use. I hope they at least incorporate a dust system to craft specific cards like Yugioh because cracking packs is going to be a pain in the ass to build decks.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
this is hilarious. I moved abroad a few years back, but I know my friends will be happy with this.

How in heck is it going to work without in app purchases?

ZagoonSP

Aspiring Trainer
I don't even know the last time I played PTCGO. It was always exhausting be grinding everyday just to get some packs and try to make trades to build a single deck. Honestly, i don't care about all the complaining, I'm really excited about PTCGL! (and, for god sake, PTCGL has a better layout than PTGCO)

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Very sad they don't allow trading. In a game like Pokemon, it was great being able to get rid of cards you wouldn't use. I hope they at least incorporate a dust system to craft specific cards like Yugioh because cracking packs is going to be a pain in the ass to build decks.
There's a dust system.

JandPDS

Aspiring Trainer
I cant stand that your opponent's cards are orientated the exact same way as your pokemon cards.
That is a huge step backwards. I hate it when you are given an inferior version to replace what you have been using.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I cant stand that your opponent's cards are orientated the exact same way as your pokemon cards.
That is a huge step backwards. I hate it when you are given an inferior version to replace what you have been using.
PTCGO is the inferior version, you're on crack. Just because Da CARd fAcEs TowArDs YoU doesn't mean the entire game is miraculously dog water. Trust me, PTCGO has way more issues than a cars facing you now..

ZagoonSP

Aspiring Trainer
Magic: The Gathering Arena do the same, and it's the greatest clients to play the card game. Give it a chance bro, that's not a real problem