Tournament PTCG Fun Tournament - any idea?

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Hi there,
I'll be able to plan a tournament for the league in a few weeks. This tournament should be a fun tournament which:
- has easy, understandable rules
- should be made in a way that young, unexperienced players stand a chance, for example in a draft or a C/UC tournament
- and, ofc, it should be fun

As I'm not very experienced with fun tournaments, do you have an idea which kind of tournament I should plan and what rules the tournament should have? I just want to get a rough idea of how such an event could be planned. Thanks in advance!

Hmm. The default tournament formats should be able to fulfill what you need. The rules as they stand are easy to grasp. Something like a prerelease format event using Build and Battle boxes might be the best thing. Those boxes come from one set and the randomization is just enough to put everyone on the same footing as far as resources go. Young and inexperienced players will always have a disadvantage against those who are older and/or more experienced, so keep that in mind. You can find more about tournament formats and other useful information here.

If you want to run it just for those types of players, neat. You'd be setting an entry requirement though, and tournaments that go outside the standard rules and policies cannot be sanctioned through Organized Play. I don't think that's really important, though. For fun you can just keep the environment relaxed. It could be a good opportunity to teach consequences for improper actions, but how you want to do things is up to you.

Back