• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Psy / Grass Deck (Mewtwo EX / Venusaur EX)

Team Rocket Fan

Team Rocket Lover and Humble Katy Cat!
This is my bestly predicted deck yet. I tried to combine some of my favourite pokemon and really strong ones to create this. But I haven't tried it yet since I don't have access to them yet so I wanted to ask for some advice before I ask for the cards:D...Tell me what you think and how I could improve it. I'll try to work with fake cards to realise its strengths and weaknesses.

Pokemon (20)
3x Mewtwo EX
1x Mew EX
3x Venusaur EX
2x M Venusaur EX
3x Yanma (DEX)
1x Yanmega (DEX)
1x Yanmega (PHF)
2x Wurmple (DEX)
2x Cascoon (DEX)
2x Dustox (DEX)

Trainer(20)
Stadium(4)

3x Virbank City Gym
1x Dimension Valley
Items(2)
2x Evosoda
Tools(3)
2x Muscle Band
1x Rock Guard
Supporter(11)
3x Cilan
2x Professor Juniper
4x Pokemon Center Lady
2x Cheren

Energies(20)
4x Mystery Energy
4x Herbal Energy
1x Double Colorless Energy
1x Blend Energy (Grass/Fire/Psychic/Dark)
5x Psychic Type Energy
5x Grass Type Energy

Strategy
Mewtwo is in my opinion the most useful and dangerous EX pokemon and a main attacker of this deck, so 3 copies are enough. Mew is a great EX as although it has really low HP for an EX pokemon, Versatile can be dangerous enough with some good attacks in the field. Venusaur EX is one of my favourite EXs and preety useful with good HP and great attacks! Its Mega form is even better with an amazing attack and great HP! 3 Yanmas are enough for 2 Yanmegas that hit fast and strong. For the Dustox line I used 2-2-2 so I can make sure I'll use it without problems. Great HP and attacks make it useful for this deck! I din't want to use Yanmega Prime because while at first I thought it was great, I read reviews that made me think deeper. Its attacks aren't so great and althouugh it has really good HP it doesn't worth 3 or 4 Trainer Cards (Copycat/Judge) just to be useful. I prefer the other ones. For the Trainer Cards: 3 Virbank city Gyms are almost neccessary since Venusaur EX, M Venusaur EX and Dustox (And maybe Mew EX) rely on it to deal even more damage! The Muscle Bands are there to make sure the attacks hit at full power. Cilans are my energy retrievers, Rock Guard my choise of Ace Specs Card is like using 3 Rocky Helmets in one single pokemon and I believe this is a bit amazing.:pProfessor Junipers are necessary at almost every deck today while the Pokemon Center Ladies are 4 cause healing is good every turn. Cherens help me search for basics at crisis momments of the game and Evosodas help me in the hard line of 3 pokemon. Dimension Valley is a fill preety useful for early attacks. For the energies I chose Mystery and Herbal Energy as the can help a lot in the moving around/healing support. The Double Colorless make it easier for Mewtwo or Yanmega and others to attack faster while the Blend Energy helps at times I am out of the others. The basics are of course fill ups and can be retrieved by Cilan. That's preety much everything!
Any advice is welcomed!Thanx!!!

I say this deck will work nicer if you stick to one type, you have more Grass types than psychics so maybe stick to Grass? However you can still leave Mewtwo since his main attack X Ball works off colorless energy and he's a very good attacker against many decks. Since you're playing Grass energies Virizion EX would also make a great addition with its "Virdant Wind" ability so it can help block your opponent's Hypnotoxic Lasers and prevent them from using your own Virbank against you. Also I think you may need some more draw Supporter cards like N or Colress, or if you're on a budget Shauna and Professor Birch's Observations also will work fairly well.

the last dinosaur said:
I say this deck will work nicer if you stick to one type, you have more Grass types than psychics so maybe stick to Grass? However you can still leave Mewtwo since his main attack X Ball works off colorless energy and he's a very good attacker against many decks. Since you're playing Grass energies Virizion EX would also make a great addition with its "Virdant Wind" ability so it can help block your opponent's Hypnotoxic Lasers and prevent them from using your own Virbank against you. Also I think you may need some more draw Supporter cards like N or Colress, or if you're on a budget Shauna and Professor Birch's Observations also will work fairly well.

Thanx a lot for the advice, although I'll stay with both Psy/Grass since it was my main purpose anyways...But I'll try the trainer cards you said.

Back