PS3 delayed 5 months for PAL

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that it would revise the launch date of its PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system in the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Australasia from 17th November 2006, as previously announced to March 2007.

Launch dates for Japan and North America will remain the same, which are November 11th and November 17th respectively.

The revision of the launch date in the SCEE territories is caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in PLAYSTATION 3.

The previously announced PLAYSTATION 3 shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 is not changed.
The entire world will have to wait until March 2007 except for Japan and USA. This will no doubt give Nintendo a massive upper hand in sales for the Christmas market and with March being a normal time for the start of the school/uni year I predict it won't get a good start at selling, especially at the rip off price.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Viva la Wii!

Edit: More updates which affects everyone!

Speaking to AP, he said that two million units would be shipped to the US and Japan by the end of this year, thereby slashing the original figure by half. Just 500,000 machines will arrive at launch with Japan reportedly earmarked to receive 100,000.

Severe shortages are almost certain, while publishers will be hard-pressed to leverage significant pre-Holiday sales from these numbers. Many will seek to hold releases until a significant user-base has been established. Despite this, Sony insists it will still hit its March target of six million shipments, despite the European launch also being inside that window.

Speaking about the European delay, Kutaragi said,"We decided to focus on the Japanese and U.S. markets. I am so sorry not to be able to answer to all the expectations. We've been working hard to try to tackle the problem, but we see the delay is inevitable."

Source
All you US and Japanese players who are actually considering buying a PS3 then you better get your pre-order in now or you'll miss out, lolz.

^Good lord, you've invoked my wrath...

Why would a $500+ game system with no rumble, obviously inferior and mediocre sense of movement, (for the controller movement function which was by the way completely stolen from Nintendo) and with poor expected games be better than all game systems? The way I see it:

Wii>Gamecube, N64>PS2>Xbox>Dirt>PS3

EDIT: Whoops, guess I forgot to talk about the actual topic.
Sweet, now the Wii can own over the PS3 even more. I hope they bump up the release date for the Wii though, or at least announce a solid one so I know when to camp out at the nearest retailer.

[WiiMaster]

Serves Sony right for trying to rip off nintendo all these times if you ask me. Apparently theres a load of stuff involving stock shares too, I'll post the article if I find it. In any case, not alot of people are happy with sony at the moment...

Wii60 is looking real good right now. I wonder if Sony can produce worse PR before the PS3 launches.

you guys are such fanboi's god.
nintendo doesnt even like you fanboi's now plz turn up ure emo music and resume cutting ureselves

We're fanboys?
We like something because it's good. You like the PS3 because you're told to and obviosuly don't know better.

The thing I don't get about PS3 fanboys is even when confronted with undisputable evidence, they still manage to believe the PS3 is better than the Wii.

[ChanseyMaster]

sceptilerancher said:
you guys are such fanboi's god.
nintendo doesnt even like you fanboi's now plz turn up ure emo music and resume cutting ureselves
I don't know what kind of fanboys you know... but no one does that without serious issues...

@PS3, so what, most people can't buy one anyway, too expencive.

Yeah...Sony's not doing so hot right now...looking around at the official site I found out a few other things:

-Both versions of the PS3 will be unable to play Blu-Ray videos out of the box. You will need to purchase HDMI cables, sold seperately. Can't include that, eh Sony?
-In order to use PS1 and PS2 Memory cards you will need to buy a converter (once again, sold seperately) that will transfer the data onto your PS3's hard drive. That's great and all, but why can't it work like the PS2 does, by reading both?

Both items will be about $10 each, but still, that's extra money that Sony "forgot" to mention beforehand. We know they are losing money already with each PS3, but using these as a way to make some up? I don't care how great the PS3 may be, the company behind it is NOT looking after their fan's best interests right now. I'll stick with my little PS2, Sony. Thanks anyways.

bacon-boy said:
No... we like nintendo more, because its better and isnt trying to rip us off.

Bwahahaha!!!
ISNT TRYIN' TO RIP U OFF???
Bwahaha!!!
every1 is tryin to do that!!!! ... for money (of course)!!!
just WII is gonna have the prize like that becouse the software and hardware is gonna be BAD! The only things why to buy nintendo are
1.Pokemons
2.Nunchaki - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/img_con/photo_nunchuk.jpg

Dx

Abhorsen edit: Post a picture like that again and you'll get a warning.

Can this please be neutral thread and not turn all fanboyish. I don't care how much you like or hate which every company, keep those opinions to yourself. I was simply informing the forum of the delay and how this will possibly affect Sony alot, which it will.

Alchemist_Almighty is right, Sony seem to "forget" about little details which means we (as in the public) waste more money. Not to forget that the 20GB PS3 doesnt have HDMI support, meaning no Blu-Ray movies for you cheap guys.

Actually, if I recall it was the Wii that stole this years E3, not the PS3...

On another note the PS3 costs AU$1000, and I don't have anywhere near that amount of money, while the Wii is about AU$300 - $400 which is quite resonable compared to the PS3 & 360.

RE:  PS3 delayed 5 months for PAL

Abhorsen said:
Can this please be neutral thread and not turn all fanboyish. I don't care how much you like or hate which every company, keep those opinions to yourself. I was simply informing the forum of the delay and how this will possibly affect Sony alot, which it will.

Alchemist_Almighty is right, Sony seem to "forget" about little details which means we (as in the public) waste more money. Not to forget that the 20GB PS3 doesnt have HDMI support, meaning no Blu-Ray movies for you cheap guys.

well it was pretty obvious who you liked better in you're first post =/
and even in that post above, you show it...

Delayed? ... Meh. Who in their right mind would be getting a PS3 on release anyway? :/

Sceptilerancher, all your posts in this thread have been spam. Ontopic, please.

sceptilerancher said:
Abhorsen said:

well it was pretty obvious who you liked better in you're first post =/
and even in that post above, you show it...
No I was stating facts, the 20GB version doesnt have HDMI support which means that version is quite pointless as the PS3's main aim was Blu-Ray. In all my posts here I have been stating facts. I didn't take up a fanboy attitude, like you, which you did saying how good something was and telling everyone else what's better or worse. Fanboyism is stupid.

Yes I do want to buy a Nintendo Wii, but this delay and the things which Sony do not tell the public does and will affect the sales of the PS3. The fact that they promised the public 6million PS3s throughout the world in November at E3 this year, then delaying, and announcing there will only be 500,000 at launch has tarnished their reputation as reliable. This will seriously hurt Sony in the next generation battle for sales, so they'd better get a large list of good games ready at launch or they'll do even worse...

And yes, Bass is right Sceptilerancher. Please don't spam pointless posts, at least make some form of contribution if you plan on posting more here.

RE:  PS3 delayed 5 months for PAL

Alchemist_Almighty said:
Yeah...Sony's not doing so hot right now...looking around at the official site I found out a few other things:

-Both versions of the PS3 will be unable to play Blu-Ray videos out of the box.  You will need to purchase HDMI cables, sold seperately.  Can't include that, eh Sony?
-In order to use PS1 and PS2 Memory cards you will need to buy a converter (once again, sold seperately) that will transfer the data onto your PS3's hard drive.  That's great and all, but why can't it work like the PS2 does, by reading both?

Both items will be about $10 each, but still, that's extra money that Sony "forgot" to mention beforehand.  We know they are losing money already with each PS3, but using these as a way to make some up?  I don't care how great the PS3 may be, the company behind it is NOT looking after their fan's best interests right now.  I'll stick with my little PS2, Sony.  Thanks anyways.

Wow..Not looking out for their fans?Not a single COMPANY really does that..All they care about is one thing.MONEY.Why should they care about us?They pretend to, sure...But thats just so they can get more MONEY.WHy should they spend 15 dollars making room for a Blue-Disc drive when they can sell it to you for $10?They really could if they wanted to.They wouldnt lose money.But they want to MAKE MONEY.Why should the PS3 read PS2 Memory Cards?Because it would be a great feature...But once again, they can sell the converter and make money.
Now, dont go a tell me the Nintendo looks out for their fans.Wii sounds all great at this point.Hell, they PS3 is still sounding like a GODLY machine.But the Wii WILL disapoint.Somthing will, whether it be that the Motion sensor sucks, or they downgrade the graphics on a cheaper version to make you buy a $500 Video Game Console. It WILL happen.THey will find the BEST way to make the MOST money they can.Now, they might not have to disapoint.It IS possible that the Wii is cost effiecent and that it would cause $300 to make.If it DOESNT cost that much, then sure, it may be only $400 to buy...BUt it wont be as good.
Them not looking out for us is the best thing the can actually do for us.Why?They spend more money making it good so that they can sell it for more.If its an OMG Video Console, then it WILL sell giving them MILLIONS of dollars..oh well..

TylerM(YAY!! NOVEL TIME!)

RE:   PS3 delayed 5 months for PAL

Deoxys said:
bacon-boy said:

Bwahahaha!!!
Bwahaha!!!
just WII is gonna have the prize like that becouse the software and hardware is gonna be BAD! The only things why to buy nintendo are
1.Pokemons
2.Nunchaki - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/img_con/photo_nunchuk.jpg

Dx

What makes you think the hardware will be bad (other than you being a fanboy)? Nintendo has an excellent history of replacing any defects in their hardware *coughunlikesony'sPSPcough*. As for the software, LoZ:TP, MP3, and RS not good enough for you at launch?

^ Agreed. Tyler M, [deleted]. Sony is not looking after their customers. I don't know why you said the stuff you said, but you're ignorant if you stand by those comments. Companies, in fact, DO care about their customers because the customers are the ones giving them money. You obviously don't have a job that works with people, otherwise you'd know different. Yes, money is a main objective for big buisinesses, but customer service is right behind it. They also tell you that the customer is always right, correct? They tell you to meet the customer's needs and to go out of your way to help them.

As of right now, we can only speculate as to how the PS3 and Wii will do, so I respect your opinion, but you aren't doing a good job of respecting others. Stop acting like an ignorant 13 year old.

B_F: Whoa. Calm. No need to start cussing :/

RE:   PS3 delayed 5 months for PAL

Deoxys said:
bacon-boy said:

Bwahahaha!!!
Bwahaha!!!
1.Pokemons

Dx

Eh, I think everyone here who isn't a delusional sony fanboy will agree that the PS3s price is absolutely appalling. Companys are out there to make money of course, but sony is just being plain greedy.

The software bad? Perhaps, I admit. Then again, I don't fancy parting with hundreds of notes for pixels my eyes can't even see, or memory power the games wont even use. Dont forget, the better these things are, the more effort it is for the game developers.

I'm so sick of sony fanboyism....

Back