Promo Pikachu

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
not sure if this should be in the general discussion or in here, but will this Pikachu be the staple Pikachu come rotation? it's the only card (that I know of) that does not have a X2 weakness in a HS-on format. it's first attack is ok, while its second attack is good if you somehow can't get out Raichu. and it's alot easier to get than the SR one from B/W.

I'm not seeing Pikachu. The only thing good about its Weakness is that it doesn't get one-shot by Donphan, but you only do 60 to it. On top of that, the high Energy cost and the discard isn't worth 100 damage even if his first attack can help energize (as my friend always says) Pikachu. Plus, it's on a flip too, so it isn't dependable.

While you do have the PachiMin combo, the discard still makes the deck too inconsistent.

well, Pikachi has always been the most recognized pokemon. so there is always people making Raichu decks.. I'm pretty sure that this one will be the go to pikachu for those decks. Pikachu UD is the worst one in HS-on though, unless you're very lucky on flips.

People don't usually make decks just because they're recognized. They make decks out of their favorite Pokemon (as far as I've seen, and not that it matters XD).

If people really want to make a Raichu deck for fun, then the best Pikachu would be either the BW one or this one, I guess.

you mean this pikachu?
is it legal for tournaments even? then again, pikachu/raichu decks probably wont see tournament play.. =p

Actually, I found out that that Pikachu isn't legal, which is why I edited it out of my post xP ~Gliscor

raichu prime is a viable deck.
and the hgss promo pikachu is the way to go
70 hp and the chance to do 100 dmg, or retreive an energy from the discard.

of course it wont be the main focus, but any decks that utilize raichu would probably pick this pikachu above the others.

plus, its freaking cute. only non-angry pikachu hgss+
sans the BW secret rare one

One problem, why would you be playing Pikachu?

All the Raichu's are pretty bad.

raichu-150x150.jpg

I wouldn't. But some people do.. Mostly in league I guess. 100 from raichu is pretty good for 2 energy tho. But it is fragile.

Okay, I guess if you were going to run Raichu for whatever reason it would be the Pikachu to go with.

It actually does quite well as a secondary attacker in Speed Zekrom. With the B/W Pikachu, DCE + 1 Electric + Pachirisu = 80 damage T1 is still nothing to scoff at.

While not bad by all means, it just suffers from being outclassed.

...also, Iron Tail OHKO's are funny. That is all.

I would not run this one but instead the BW one. Its a lot better then this one and can even be a main attacker if Raichu is a prize or Lost Zone. The reason BW is better first no coin fliping 2nd The Thunderbolt only takes 3 energy not 4 and this can be done with 1 Lightinig and 1 Double Colorless were you are only losing 2 cards instead of 3 cards sure its 20 Damage less but its worth it in the end.

these are some reasons why omeone might run promo pikachu vs recret rare one..
price/rarity.
HP, promo has 10 more HP.
weakness, promo has +10 to fighting, BW has X2.
resistance, promo has steel resistance -20, BW has no resistance.
first atack, it searches the deck, and not the discard. Sometimes, that's better.

Saw a girl in our league playing this card with a Raichu prime in a Zekrom. The guy she was playing against had 3 different decks he played her against, and when she pulled the promo Pikachu out of the first turn, he scoffed at it, and laughed. She then beat his 3 decks with her Raichu Primes and all. I think he was having an unfortunate issue of not getting things out in time, and he might of been playing a couple of experimental decks, but it was still kinda funny to watch. :)

I used to run a Raichu Prime deck. (With this.) I wouldnt consider it a staple.

However, it works well with Zekrom-variants. BW one is better.

The Pikachu you use makes literally no difference. If your deck is built half decently, you won't be stuck attacking with Pikachu for more than a turn, 2 at the most.

Back