Professional and Collegiate Sports Discussion

J

Juliacoolo

In hadn't seen a sports thread going in a while so I thought I'd start this. Ill keep a running list of current topics to discuss, and maybe some questions for us to respond to.

Current Happenings:
MLB Season
Eurocup
NBA Draft
Wimbledon

Questions/Topics to discuss:
NBA Mock Draft
Eurocup predictions
Thoughts on new NCAA Playoffs

I'm surprised Italy beat Germany in the Euro Cup, I wanted Italy to win but I thought for sure that Germany was going to beat them. I'm glad Spain beat Portugal to make it to the finals, and I can't wait for the game on Sunday. Anyone else watching the Euro Cup? I'm sure I can't be the only one.

I really need to get back into College sports again, it's been so long since I've followed Kentucky for even a full season. Depressing, I know. And Jay, you should have gotten this thread up a month or two ago for the NBA playoff discussion. :p Anyways, there's nothing going on now for me to follow, other than the NBA draft perhaps, since I don't pay attention MLB or Soccer.

I had $75 on Germany >.<

As for NBA, I'm really only following the Cavs.

I want Kidd-Gillchrist at 4, and am praying that we somehow get Sullinger at 24. I'm pretty tight with Sullinger personally, so I would hate to see him go anywhere.

If any of you are a tennis fan, you would know that the biggest upset in a long time at Wimbledon just happened today.

^I didn't catch it on TV (if it was even shown), but many of my Tennis friends on Facebook seemed pretty excited about it, haha. I'll look into it.

Long story short, World Number Two Rafael Nadal loses to an unseeded player in only the second round.

Well unfortunately Germany lost to Italy this past day.

That was a disappointment to all of us I think.

Rumor has it that Oklahoma City and Boston are trying to trade up in the NBA Draft. OKC is intending to go after Bradley Beal from Florida, and Boston wants Austin Rivers, son of Celtics coach Doc Rivers, from Duke.

If OKC was to trade up, they'd be parting ways with James "Fear the Beard" Harden.

JC, so your Cavs got Zeller, I really liked him. I was hoping that the Suns would take him at 13.

Zeller is ok. I don't think they needed to send both early second round picks allong with 24. I really wanted Draymond Green.

Perry Jones III makes a nice addition to the Thunder. I was thinking that Boston could've easily picked the two "red flags" at 21 and 22, but just took Sullinger. Which at 21, was a steal, regardless of the red flags surrounding him and his back.

Murray vs Djokovic for US Open Final Showdown WOO. Shame Federer isn't in it, but oh well.

Alberto Contador after 2 years of sospension for doping comes back and win La Vuelta a Espana,one of the three most important multiple stage bicycle race in the world.

Arkansas lost. Lol Ccloud.

Man, Tennis here won't be the same without Roddick. Let's hope Isner can step up his game.

Yeah... Arkansas lost to ULM which is literally 25 minutes from where I live so people were LOLing where I live.

But this week.. Any Rice fans coming to my town to lose to LA Tech? :>

idgaf about football, really, since my favorite NFL team in the Browns and my local college (UNM) are horrendous at football.

But I'm interested in RG3 because I think he's cool as a personality, so I dunno. I'll pay attention to how he does throughout the season.

But the Browns are gonna suck like they always do, and the Lobos will inevitably lose every single game this season (actually, we beat some tiny school for our season opener two weeks ago), so whatever, haha

Back