"Prof. it!":The Ultimate Pokemon TCG Show! Episode 53!

RE: "Prof. it!":The Ultimate Pokemon TCG Show! Episode 49!

It looks like my video didn't go to subscription boxes, so hopefully you read this post! New episode of Prof-It! is up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PniXEOK7-90

RE: "Prof. it!":The Ultimate Pokemon TCG Show! Episode 49!

As always, great episode Josh! It's a pretty good episode for kicking off the new format. I definitely agreed with every point you made about the new Championship point system. Indeed, it is definitely going to help make larger attendances in Pokemon events, and it might be a bit too unbalanced based on how the points are given out so far.

Keep up the good work on Profit, and I hope you'll have an awesome autumn BR run. I'm also looking forward to new Profit episode that'll feature a BR's report!

RE: "Prof. it!":The Ultimate Pokemon TCG Show! Episode 52!

Episode 52 is up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJei2_ajots

Awesome episode Josh! Great job taking second place in the Oswego, IL, Spring BRs. You did a great job playing that Megazone deck; I mean, you did pretty well with it at worlds, and you managed to show the city that you are still a very good player with it. I also agree with your statement of the other problem with the current rate of the Championship Points. For me, it was pretty unfair, b/c I ended up 5th place at the Oswego BR, being only a place short of top cut and a championship point. Oh well, hopefully P!P will improve it somehow.

Also, as a correction, Vince B, your round 3 opponent, actually played Samurott/Serperior. Donphan was actually more a tech. Otherwise, his main focuses were on Samurott and Serperior.

As always, keep up the good work on Profit, and I hope you'll continue to have a good autumn BR season!:D

I took 12th at the BR's in Port Saint Lucie FL, I ran a very strange deck inspired a little by google's deck and another deck I saw on here, some of the major differances are that I despise Sage's Training, so I played 3 Professor Juniper instead and I played no Blissy Prime. I actually heard from one of my friends that alot of people were talking about my deck, if anyone here wasnts to ask a question about my deck, please P.M. me! My only regret about the deck is taking out Basculin (a very underlooked card IMO) for a Bouffalant last minute, that ONE Basculin would have improved my Reshiphlosion match up by alot! :( (I went 4-2 and Reshiphlosion decks were my only losses!)

Nice episode! One thing about Victory Cup that I would have liked for you to mention is that it's kind of annoying that they only give it to 3 out of the top 4 people. I understand the whole 1st 2nd 3rd idea, but it still seems kind of unfair.

New episode it up! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8rv5M_mb2Y&feature=channel_video_title

Awesome new episode Josh! It was a very detailed episode, and I agreed on every point you made, especially on what you said how the world needs to be more connected with Japan. To be quite honest, if we were connected to the Japanese, I would try to convince on some certain rule changes depending on the current format, especially now.

Keep up the good work on Profit! Also, are you going to the Rockford, IL, BR tomorrow? If so, see you there.:D

My sentiments exactly, Josh. In other games, such as magic, the developers and fansites have a direct connection. For example, WotC will give fan sites 1 card to spoil when a new set is coming out. Those sites will run a review of that card and they will be the only ones to know about that card before they spoil it. If we want to start being more competitive, we really need to start trying to get in touch with the dudes who make the card game. WPM and I tried to establish a link with PTCGi at worlds, but they blocked us off big time. We eventually talked to a PR guy, and we may work something out. I just really want to see this game improve for the better...

Great episode as always. I'd like to see more episodes in the future about your view on the game as a whole and what can be done to improve it.

I played magic for two years and i can tell you this. The people who design magic cards do a very bad job. Every standered set in pokemon is much better thought out than any magic format.

thepliskin5005 said:
I played magic for two years and i can tell you this. The people who design magic cards do a very bad job. Every standered set in pokemon is much better thought out than any magic format.

As a Magic player myself I know that Wizards only prints cards most specifically for the Standard format in mind. They very seldom print loads of combo cards or EDH cards but it's usually printed in small numbers in those sets. Also because of the economy set sizes have decreased in size within a fixed budget to keep up with inflation.

I remember when Magic expansions were much larger than they are now, Pokemon TCG on the other hand is different and it seems like set expansions may have decreased in size for that game as well too. Part of that problem is cutting specific metagame cards out of English sets and releasing them in later sets. I think TPCi does this to keep certain sets legal for specific Rotations and such.

Dialga 625 said:
Where did you find that Japanese dp-on banlist?

This is what came up on the YouTube video regarding that Ban List for that
Type 1 Sanctioned format in Japan that is supposed to replace Unlimited being
Diamond/Pearl Base Set Onwards:

Banned:

* Uxie (Legends Awakened)
* Sableye (Stormfront)
* Luxray GL Lv. X (Rising Rivals)

What shocks me the most is no Eviolite and Pokemon Catcher on that list. One card in which hurts the concept of utilizing evolutions and the synergies with them from other cards in general. There was mention about a 40 card deck with 4 prize format that Japan plays and that hurts the Pokemon TCG overall IMO, it only makes games end faster and that's not what we need. The TCG itself is fast enough as it is with mindless donks and overpowered Basics dominating the format with Stage 1's with solid attacks making Stage 2's less competitive.

There's a reason why most players especially in Japan prefer a 60 card deck format with 6 prizes cause it helps more in terms of deck consistency and more skillful plays as well. By decreasing deck size and prizes you're only increasing the luck of the game more than you are with the skill of it in general. Fixing the 1st Turn Rules would be a step in the right direction for this game and it's good to hear that Japan has also taken notice into this as well. If TPCi and P!P is planning on doing a Sanctioned Type 1 format for Pokemon TCG I'd be interested in playing it at least.

I like how nobody agrees with you that Catcher should be banned CSJ, and yet you still bring it up and wonder why Japan hasn't done it. Really, how many times must I tell you: Pokemon Catcher does not harm the metagame in any way, instead it helps it by reducing flips from Pokemon Reversal. Anyway, unlike you theorymoning, Japan has actually played extensively with Eviolite, so if they don't deem it broken then chances are they are right.

Anyway, back on topic, I really enjoyed that episode and I agree with you on many points. However, I think an issue with the PTCGO is how slowly it loads, which discourages its widespread use, especially amongst people who use Redshark and PlayTCG. I think fixing that would make it far more user-friendly and be much better for attracting new players.

40 card decks = good for the game

It's good from a cost standpoint where you don't need as much cards. It's also good for Best of Three formats that can reduce luck. Catcher and Eviolite are not Op. Deal with it.

40 card decks with 4 prizes hurt consistency, it was one of the factors I didn't like about
Yu-Gi-Oh! when it was first released a decade ago so why Pokemon should be doing that I don't understand. I see how it works for Pre-Release/Sealed events but for Casual and Competitive play is where it hurts the most. People want the most out of their decks instead of ending games faster with 2 less prizes, it's always been 6 prizes and rightfully so.

Like I said before most people including Japan prefer 60 card decks with 6 prizes cause it's always been the way most of us have played the Pokemon TCG since it was first released shortly before Yu-Gi-Oh! was in the U.S. and I don't really see why they need to change it, it's like the Black/White 1st Turn Rules the change was completely uneccessary.

All Eviolite does is that unless you attack for Type Advantage you're going to need to deal 150 damage to Reshiram and Zekrom to take them down. That alone unless you slap a couple of PlusPower's hurts Zoroark's usefulness with Foul Play quite a bit. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised If Zoroark see's less play because of Eviolite.

There's other good Stage 1's out there but it's just that there was none as versatile as Zoroark when it comes to Foul Play. I can't really seem to think of another Stage 1 that's not as expensive but just as good, maybe Weavile UD for Claw Snag? What about Beartic since it isn't weak to Zekrom and can hit Reshiram for Type Advantage?

Beartic Cinicinno Rocky Helmet has had some Japanese appearances.

Stop overhyping Eviolite. You are one of the most paranoid people I have seen on the forums. You made Catcher sound like the apocalypse or something but then it just made our metagame healthier (yes, I will stand by this statement until I die. Catcher made the format healthier compared to reversal). As I have told you in the past threads, you could slap all the eviolites you want, but if the dragons can't kill Gothitelle, it won't matter. This is why I actually prefer Rocky Helmet.

Back