Printing Custom Playmats

Status
Not open for further replies.

~xatu~

Verified Seller - I make Custom Mats!
I hope this is the right area to post...

Anyway, I've seen a lot of people who had their own custom made play mats at the last mid West Regional competition and was wondering where people got their mats printed.

I already completed the entire process of obtaining a blank mat and creating a design I want printed but a lot of local printing places and some of the bigger printing companies (Fedex Kinkos, etc) I've talked to said they aren't able to do this.

If anyone has done a digital printing of a custom playmat, please fill me in on any tips or suggestions for finding places to print. Thanks in advance!

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I know a lot of people have other draw them. Here's a website if you want to spend $40 for one,

http://www.nestedegg.com/?page_id=22

I'm sure you could find other sites that have customized printing for cheaper.

~xatu~

Wow, thanks for the link! I found another website that would do them for $50. Too steep for my wallet > <
Some people at my league have their mats hand drawn (with Sharpie I think...). I personally don't like that look and would prefer to get it digitally printed.
Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Also looking for a non-online printing place that does the same thing. Buying online would be a great option for me but that would leave me with a blank playmat sitting on my shelf collecting dust...

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Yeah, I think Sharpie looks really bad because the playmat can easily get dirty or smudged. I'm trying to find other sites that print them because I kind of want one for Nationals. If I find another site that has them for a cheap price I'll let you know.

~xatu~

Yep, I'm trying to get one for nationals as well!! xD
I've asked Staples for a quote so hopefully they'll be able to do it... I'll post on here again if I end up being successful.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Most retail printing places (Kinko's, Staples, etc.) have pretty strict regulations on what they can and can't print on, both due to the types of machines they use, and the contracts with those machines. That said, even if they broke regulation, I don't think they'd be able to print on your mat because of the type pf material it is; that's not the kind of thing that will go through a regular Xerox machine. Playmats (at least the ones I've seen) are generally printed on more traditional offset printers, like most commercial printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.