• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Primal Kyogre

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I have been trying to keep my once dominant Kyogre deck in play. Although it has never used by many players as a primary I have had success, and since my last edit I have 18 wins and 4 losses. My strategy is to attack with primal kyogre and moving energy to bench primal kyogre. I then retreat to heal with rough seas and If I set up well early also with Pokemon center lady.

Tidal storm attack is especially effective against Shaymin ex as 4 attacks knock out benched shaymin. In addition it gives that often much needed 30 damage to benched ex Pokemon.

I have included octillery and lapras primalriy as draw support. Although I am able to move energy to lapras with tidal storm to set it up as well.

The main problems I have had are
1. Garbodor stops manaphy ability to retreat primal kyogre for my benched primal kyogre which would now have the needed 4 energy to attack...leaving my active primal stranded with 2 energy. I have tried including escape ropes and switch but I have been never been successful at drawing them when needed.

2. Grass decks have been a major problem of this deck in the past which is why I included weakness policy. Although I have not had to face many grass decks in recent games.

When I have knowingly faced Garbodor or grass decks I will try to evolve kyogre without spirit link to attach weakness policy or float stone to primal kyogre. Although giving up a turn to potentially attack is not ideal

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 3 Kyogre-EX PRC 148
* 3 Primal Kyogre-EX PRC 149
* 2 Lapras-GX SUM 35
* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 116
* 1 Remoraid BKT 31
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 4 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Weakness Policy PRC 164
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 N NVI 101
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104
* 3 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 2 Kyogre Spirit Link PRC 132

##Energy - 12

* 12 Water Energy XYEnergy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Back