• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Primal Kyogre EX / Regice / Octillery

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
Kyogre is one of my favourite since i play the VG ruby version. Yet, since the release of xy5, it hardly makes it to the top tier, and things get even worst after Keldeo EX rotated out. However, with the new xy9 set coming, i see a come back chance for Kyogre, i really really hope it works. Here comes the draft:

Pokémon:
  • 4-3 Primal Kyogre EX
  • 2 Regice
  • 2-2 Octillery
  • 1 Lugia EX
  • 1 Manaphy EX (XY9)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Professor Birch Observaation
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Dive Ball
  • 3 Kyogre Spirit Link
  • 2 Fighting Spirit Belt
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy:
  • 12 Water Energy
Strategy:

4-3 Primal Kyogre EX:
ideal starter and primary attacker. i aim a T2 primal evolution, with one attachment T1, max elixir, T2 2 attachment makes it 4 energy T2. 4 Max elixir and 12 water energy maximize the chance of that. Trainers mail and skyla may help in case i has problem with finding max elixir.

2 Regice:
Regice is the secondary attacker, with the new fighting spirit belf it becomes a 160HP hitting 80 monster, blocking most EX. The distribution of 2 water energy from P Kyrogre means only 1 attachment is needed. i also not weak to grass, in case i face Sceptile EX, which may OHKO P Kyogre.

1 Manaphy:
It provides free retreat. So that an injured P Kyogre EX can retreat to beach and heal by rough sea, pretty much like what M Manetric EX does.

2-2 Octillery:
It is not as fast as Shaymin EX, however it's more reliable and provide more draw than Shaymin EX per game. Also, this deck contains many once used items (eg. max eilxir, tool cards, letter etc), which down the hand size quick, so drawing 1-2 more cards per turn shouldn't be hard. Moreover being Lysandre lose one prize only.

Alternative:
Seimistoad - for stall
Palkia EX (xy9) - maybe a good starter too
Articuna (AT) - for prizes, especially vs night march
Double colorless energy - maybe useful for Kyogre and Regice

Hoping for comment, criticizing are welcome.

I might bring the primal kyogre line down to a 3-3 line because you are not really going to attack with kyogre non primal and maybe you could use that slot for the AT articuno. I do like the idea of octillery because it is also a water type so i would also suggest putting 4 dive balls so you can search for any of you pokemon except for lugia ex.;)

Back