• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Primal Kyogre EX / Kyurem PLF / Manaphy PC

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
I wanted to try a list that uses Primal Kyogre EX.

Pokemon: (12)

• 3 Kyogre EX PC
    3 Primal Kyogre EX
    4 Manaphy PC
    1 Kyurem PLF
    1 Kyurem LT
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (37)

• 3 N
    3 Professor Juniper
    2 Lysandre
    2 Skyla
    1 Teammates
    2 Colress

2 Professor's Letter
    2 VS Seeker
    3 Escape Rope
    3 Kyogre Spirit Link
    1 Tool Retriever
    4 Dive Ball
    1 Comp Search
    3 Head Ringer
    1 Weakness Policy
    1 Energy Retrieval

2 Rough Seas
    1 Silent Lab
Energy: (11)

• 11 Water Energy

Strategy:
The strategy is to use Manaphy to start using Deep Sea Swirl to refresh my hand every turn I am setting up my Primal Kyogre EX. Once my Primal Kyogre EX is out I will use its attack to spread damage to benched EXs (setting up a OHKO for Primal Kyogre later) and 150 to the active (without Muscle Band). I use 2 tool retrievers so it is easy to swap the spirit link to Muscle Band or weakness policy (against VirGen). Kyurem PLF is in the deck to help set up OHKOs for Primal Kyogre against non-EX Pokemon (or it can be used to start putting pressure on if Primal Kyogre EX isn't set up.) Eelektross is to move the energy that Primal Kyogre moves to the bench, back to the active Primal Kyogre. Rough Seas is just some heal support for my bulky Primal Kyogre EX.

Teammates is perfect because you are expecting to have Manaphy KO'd. Then you can take advantage and search for any 2 cards.

I also have one less N and Juniper because I won't need as many if/when I start with Manaphy.

Card Scans:
Manaphy: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/56-manaphy.jpg

Kyogre EX: http://pokebeach.com/news/1214/xy41-kyogre-ex.jpg

Primal Kyogre EX: http://pokebeach.com/news/1114/55-primal-kyogre-ex.jpg

Silent Lab: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/140-silent-lab.jpg

Teammates: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/141-teammates.jpg

Dive Ball: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/125-dive-ball.jpg

Kyogre Spirit Link: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/132-kyogre-spirit-link.jpg

Weakness Policy: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/142-weakness-policy.jpg

Rough Seas: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/137-rough-seas.jpg

Any help is appreciated! :)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
RE: Primal Kyogre EX / Kyurem PLF / Eelektross PC

Hi Gengar master,

Nice deck. Not sure on the Eelektross line. Personally I prefer to run three Escape Rope since it also combos with Primal Kyogre's attack in case it does not ohko the defender. I would also switch Energy Switch with Professor's Letter and add three more basic Water Energies. Below are some suggested modifications:

- 2 Tynamo PC (seems to clunky an slow)
- 2 Eeletrik (Ancient Trait) PC (seems to clunky an slow)
- 2 Eelektross PC (seems to clunky an slow)
- 2 Switch (like Escape Rope better in this deck since it combos with Primal Kyogre's bench snipe)
- 1 Float Stone (see above)
- 2 Energy Switch (no need to switch energy around much)
- 1-2 Rough Seas (want 1-2 Silent Lab to shut down abilities on Safe Guarder and VirGen)

+ 3 Escape Rope (works real well with Primal Kypgre Ex once two of them are out)
+ 2 Professor's Letter (ensures you can use Alpha Growth)
+ 2 Dive Ball (get Primal Kypgre Ex out faster)
+ 1 Kyogre Spirit Link (evolve faster)
+ 1-2 Silent Lab (shut down Safe Guard and VirGen)
+ 3 Water Energy (be sure you can use Alpha Growth repeatedly)

Hope this provides some initial assistance. Also try to find room for either Computer Search or Dowsing Maschine. I personally prefer the latter.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

Hey thanks for the suggestions. Just made the edits. Forgot about comp search lol.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Do you guys think this would be good for upcoming Winter Regional? I feel like it is strong because it can set up even when Item locked. I will be testing this a lot so I might be making some changes when the cards come out.

dopestsupreme

Aspiring Trainer

Is Float Stone taken out because of the struggle of drawing it and having to attach it to multiple Kyogres?
Dark Espeon said:
Hi Gengar master,

Nice deck. Not sure on the Eelektross line. Personally I prefer to run three Escape Rope since it also combos with Primal Kyogre's attack in case it does not ohko the defender. I would also switch Energy Switch with Professor's Letter and add three more basic Water Energies. Below are some suggested modifications:

- 2 Tynamo PC (seems to clunky an slow)
- 2 Eeletrik (Ancient Trait) PC (seems to clunky an slow)
- 2 Eelektross PC (seems to clunky an slow)
- 2 Switch (like Escape Rope better in this deck since it combos with Primal Kyogre's bench snipe)
- 1 Float Stone (see above)
- 2 Energy Switch (no need to switch energy around much)
- 1-2 Rough Seas (want 1-2 Silent Lab to shut down abilities on Safe Guarder and VirGen)

+ 3 Escape Rope (works real well with Primal Kypgre Ex once two of them are out)
+ 2 Professor's Letter (ensures you can use Alpha Growth)
+ 2 Dive Ball (get Primal Kypgre Ex out faster)
+ 1 Kyogre Spirit Link (evolve faster)
+ 1-2 Silent Lab (shut down Safe Guard and VirGen)
+ 3 Water Energy (be sure you can use Alpha Growth repeatedly)

Hope this provides some initial assistance. Also try to find room for either Computer Search or Dowsing Maschine. I personally prefer the latter.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi dopestsupreme,

Float Stone was taken out because Escape Rope works a lot better in this deck since it also switches the defending Pokémon which combos well with the bench snipe.

dopestsupreme

Aspiring Trainer
No Reshiram [LT] for Genesect/Virizion match ups?

Wouldnt you want float stones instead because you would want to be able to free retreat and rotate your water energies?
Dark Espeon said:
Hi dopestsupreme,

Float Stone was taken out because Escape Rope works a lot better in this deck since it also switches the defending Pokémon which combos well with the bench snipe.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
dopestsupreme said:
No Reshiram [LT] for Genesect/Virizion match ups?

Wouldnt you want float stones instead because you would want to be able to free retreat and rotate your water energies?
Dark Espeon said:
Hi dopestsupreme,

There isn't a need for Reshiram. You want to set up with Manaphy. That is why I have Weakness Policy to cover the weakness. (Don't see many people using Megaphone) If VirGen rises a lot in popularity, I might bump up to 2 Weakness Policy.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
If you noticed, most of the Primal Clash anticipated, "big" decks are weak to G Poké attacks. IMO, VirGen (albeit revised decks) decks will still be popular and quite strong. Hence, expect your Weakness Policy card to be removed before your Kyogre EXs are attacked...

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Gengar master,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Tool Retriever (on e should suffice to remove Pokémon Tool F if you do not need to exchange tools)
- 2 Muscle Band (after the first attack you can ohko anyway)
- 1 Weakness Policy (one is to little and it is easy to remove without Omega Barrier)
- 1 Rough Sea (disruptive stadiums work better with Primal Kyogre EX)
- 1 Manaphy PC (three should be sufficient)

+ 1 Professor Sycamore (even with Manaphy you want a stable supporter base to draw cards)
+ 1 N (see above)
+ 1 Silent Lab (one parcel of your Grass deck counter)
+ 3 Head Ringer (the second parcel to your Grass deck counter that also slows down other Mega decks)

I feel that the combo of Silent Lab and Pokémon Tool F is an easier and more convenient counter to the Grass deck weakness that Weakness Policy and Tool Retriever. In addition it also helps in other matches where Weakness Policy would be no more than a dead card in your hand.

Hope this provides some assistance and let me know what you think abut the proposed modifications.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
TuxedoBlack said:
If you noticed, most of the Primal Clash anticipated, "big" decks are weak to G Poké attacks. IMO, VirGen (albeit revised decks) decks will still be popular and quite strong. Hence, expect your Weakness Policy card to be removed before your Kyogre EXs are attacked...

I can always add more Weakness Policy. If VirGen is still really popular, then I will save it for next season ;)

Dark Espeon said:
Hi Gengar master,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Tool Retriever (on e should suffice to remove Pokémon Tool F if you do not need to exchange tools)
- 2 Muscle Band (after the first attack you can ohko anyway)
- 1 Weakness Policy (one is to little and it is easy to remove without Omega Barrier)
- 1 Rough Sea (disruptive stadiums work better with Primal Kyogre EX)
- 1 Manaphy PC (three should be sufficient)

+ 1 Professor Sycamore (even with Manaphy you want a stable supporter base to draw cards)
+ 1 N (see above)
+ 1 Silent Lab (one parcel of your Grass deck counter)
+ 3 Head Ringer (the second parcel to your Grass deck counter that also slows down other Mega decks)

I feel that the combo of Silent Lab and Pokémon Tool F is an easier and more convenient counter to the Grass deck weakness that Weakness Policy and Tool Retriever. In addition it also helps in other matches where Weakness Policy would be no more than a dead card in your hand.

Hope this provides some assistance and let me know what you think abut the proposed modifications.

I actually like Rough Seas and 4 Manaphy. I want to start with manaphy so I should max it out.

Added Headringer