• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Prehistoric Mutant Cats (Mewtwo EX/Aerodactyl DEX)

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
3 Mewtwo EX NXD
1 Sigilyph DRX
1 Bouffalant DRX
4 Aerodactyl DEX
9 Pokémon

4 Double Colorless Energy NXD
7 Psychic Energy BLW
11 Energy

3 Twist Mountain DEX
4 Professor Juniper DEX
4 N DEX
1 Skyla BCR
2 Random Receiver DEX
4 Ultra Ball DEX
3 Old Amber Aerodactyl DEX
4 Pokémon Catcher EPO
4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS
3 Switch BLW
3 Pokédex BLW
3 Ether PLS
1 Tool Scrapper DRX
1 Gold Potion BCR
40 Trainers

The strategy of this deck is simple- set up a Mewtwo EX with Energy and get as many Aerodactyl into play as possible. Sigilyph helps out in Mewtwo EX wars or against other EXs. Bouffalant is my main counter to Plasmaklang decks, since Sigilyph and Aerodactyl are virtually useless, and Mewtwo can't do anything if Klinklang's up. Bouffalant can OHKO Klinks before they evolve, preventing Klinklang from being put into play, and provides a solid attacker even when Klinklang is in play. I chose Gold Potion over the other ACE SPECS available because the deck requires little set up, usually won't need resources that were previously discarded, and doesn't need the extra versatility that Scramble Switch provides.

This deck seems gimmicky. There should be more Skyla so you can make sure you always have Twist Mountain in play. 1 Skyla is never enough, ever.

-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Catcher
-1 Hypnotoxic Laser

+2 Skyla
+1 Tool Scrapper

Seems good enough.

I'll try it if I can get my brother to play with me. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until next Tuesday.

I'm probably playing one Skyla in my States deck... And I hope this deck isn't for competitive use... Hypnotoxic Laser is pointless with Aerodactyl's and without Virbank. I would stick with Mewtwo/Tornadus/HypnoBank for a similar but infinitely better version of this.

It is a hit or miss deck, but a brilliant idea! I have friend who is building a fossial deck and is coming up with the same idea with the aerodactyl's. trainers are great, energy amount is perfect. The only thing I would as is a "buffer" pokemon. Something that could take damage while you build up the mewtwo's or buff. or even siglyph. Maybe a zekrom, reshiram, or kyurem (BW), could help you. Hope this helps.

Jagz817 aka Inferno Entei

Back