• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard PRC-On: Yanmega/Vespiquen

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Pokémon (25)
4-4-2 Yanmega BREAK [STS]
4-4 Vespiquen [AOR]
4 Unown [AOR]
2 Klefki [STS]
1 Minccino [FCO]

Trainers (31)
4 VS Seeker [PHF]
3 Trainers' Mail [ROS]
1 Special Charge [STS]
1 Revitalizer [GEN]
1 Escape Rope [PRC]
4 Ultra Ball [FLF]
2 Level Ball [AOR]
1 Float Stone [BKT]
4 Professor Sycamore [PHF]
3 N [FCO]
2 Lysandre [FLF]
1 Judge [BKT]
4 Forest of Giant Plants [AOR]

Energy (4)
4 Double Colorless Energy [EVO]

Strategy:
Use Forest of Giant Plants to set up very early and start using Sonic Vision to attack for free with Yanmega. Transition into Vespiquen when you have a lot of Yanmega lines in the discard pile.

I think another form of draw support might be necessary when playing. The deck runs a bit differently than lets say.. a greninja deck because you have dive balls that can search for all of your greninja/breaks/froakies. Unfortunately you cannot say the same for this deck as the only other form of searching is provided by level balls. Shaymins or a 2-2 octillary line would benefit the deck. Also, how do you counter volcanion matchup?

Shaymins or a 2-2 octillary line would benefit the deck.
I'd like to stay away from Shaymin because it gives up 2 prizes. I'd like to keep everything 1 prize. I've thought about Octillery before, but I really am only lacking in the first few turns of the game, and Octillery doesn't really help with that. I'll try running a 2-2 Octillery line anyways, though.
Also, how do you counter volcanion matchup?
I don't. I'm a bit of a noob. Anything you would recommend?

Back