Discussion Powering-up a Celebi & Venusaur GX

Needing 2 energys and a stage 2 to only be able to two shot most of the meta is not a good deck tanky celesaur is somewhat more viable but its still bad because double attachments and the meta right now is all heavy aggro and control decks which do in fact trash celesaur despite what some inexperienced players may think

Yeah well most of the Meta is boring anyways, just people coping decks with no real thinking involved. At least that person took some time in order to figure out a strategy that may have worked. Thinking about it now I may run it myself, should be interesting with the combos you can do with the extra energy for just 1 stage 2 on the bench.

Manual attachment has and is the only way this deck functions. Throwing acceleration takes away from the disruptive tanky strategy that beast is...
After lots (i.e., 30+) games, the "tanky" version with manual attachment seems to provide more versatility. Further, my game win % is higher with this version vs. a more "aggressive" deck build (e.g., Celebi & Venusaur GX with Zoroark GX).

Today's control decks do not attach Energy. They literally just burn you out of resources while keeping theirs alive with Lusamine. Unless you ran Oranguru, (which the meta-viable versions do not), there is no contest and Celebi/Venusaur decks are autowins for control decks.
The bottom line is Oranguru (Resource Management) should be a solid tech for this deck (and I had already incorporated this Pokémon from day 1 for other reasons), as well as others. So, still not an auto-win.

And as for tje actual topic instead of "is energy acceleration better than manual attachmebts " I believe in Hat Trick as the best wau to power this up, especially in expandef where you can use Hoopa-EX/Jirachi-EX on it (ans later discaed jirachis with para city, and when ut comes out the Giovanni card) abd poasibly get it out T1. This lets it OHKO Wailord faster, and gives it a matchup in the first place vs pikarom. Is it good? Probably not. Is it cool? You bet.

I'm using the Shining Legends Venusaur. It takes two grass energy to power it up. With acerola it's easy to cycle new celebi & Venusaur in. I have 4 jirachi that ensure turn two baby Venusaur is ready for action.

Back