• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post Rotation; Guzzlord GX/Darkrai GX

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Pokemon: (12)
  • Guzzlord GX (4)
    [*]Guzzlord-GX – Darkness – HP210
    Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)

[D] Eat Sloppily: Discard the top 5 cards of your deck. If any of those cards are Energy cards, attach them to this Pokemon.

[D][D][D][C][C] Tyrannical Hole: 180 damage.

[D][D][D][D][D] Glutton GX: 100 damage. If your opponent’s Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, take 2 more Prize cards. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 4
  • Darkrai GX (4)

• Tapu Lele GX (2)

• Tapu Koko (2)
Trainer: (26)
  • Prof. Sycamore (4)

• N (3)

• Guzma (3)

• Kukui (2)

• Olivia (1)

• Mallow (2)

• Hala (1)

• Altar of the Moone (3)

• Max Elixir (2)

• Choice Band (3)

• Float Stone (2)
Energy: (22)
  • Dark (22)
Strat: Use Eat Sloppily and Max elixir to accelerate 5 of the 22 dark energies onto Guzzlord, then swing for big damage. Use Darkrai GX as support and Koko as things to switch in from a Guzma.

Nano_op12

Aspiring Trainer
I would run more energy by cutting max elixir altar of the moone and pretty much all of your supporters except guzma because right now it would be
very hard for you to get that perfect 5 energies from eat sloppily. instead of darkrai gx how about darkrai ex from breakpoint as he could
be a good switch in from a guzma.

MegaSnorlax

Card Eater
I think a deck only running 4x Guzzlord GX and 4x Darkrai EX could be pretty nuts. You wouldn't need Darkrai GX because your deck would have so much dark energy that Guzzlord is accelerating you like a Yveltal on crack. But, you'd need to run Altar of the Moone at least or your fatties would be sitting ducks. You also need access to Guzma (for sniping with Guzzlord's GX move) and Brigette (to load the bench with super tanky Guzzlords) pretty badly, so you'd need 4 Ultra Ball, 2 Lele, 3 Guzma, and 1 Brigette. Probably a Skyla too in case you need Altar. That's still 37 Dark Energy and an average of 3 energy per Eat Sloppily, allowing you to deal 180 damage on turn 2 if you go second, or potentially take 3 prize cards on turn 2. Then, you can just load up another Guzzlord and begin to 1-shot things with Darkrai EX.

tiffuts

Porygon Enthusiast
What if you put in some fighting fury belts to give those fatties some extra girth? Or would choice band be the way to go? I really like the ridiculousness of this deck. Could be fun to play with.

KabuTopgun

Revived Ninja.
Maybe you could run Energy switch to use Darkrai GX to move energy onto Guzzlord

Yeah, I don't think he should bother with Darkrai GX without some sort of switch mechanic. Otherwise I would be looking to run a high Dark Energy count then alongside the new Zoroark GX to filter your draws so you're not swamped by Energy. The Zoroark we have already could help swap out the fatty, too.

I would love to try this deck with Greedy Dice shenanigans, as well; it would be hilarious to take 6 prizes at once and if you knockout a GX/EX with Glutton GX it's not too far off being a reality... I wonder how well Gladion would work with Rotom Dex. Probably not that good, but might help.

Also, Brigette will still be in rotation so if your only GX Pokemon are Guzzlord GX and Darkrai GX there's no reason to use Olivia in place of her...

Last edited: